Past #43: Tom Jeffries - delisted with two years left on contract - thanks for your efforts Tom

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the go with Jeffries, obviously he isn't up to VFL standard right now but with no VFL experience where does he get the match experience to develop without the Decelopment league anymore.

He'll be fine, getting the same amount of AFL exposure as any ruckman Goldstein is asked to share gametime with.

Lewis Pierce (st.kilda listed ruckman) has special consideration from the VFL that allows him to play for Frankston instead of st.kilda’s aligned team Casey. Due to how many ticks are playing at Casey.

Wonder if we could argue the same thing for Jeffries and send him down to Werribee? I know they are struggling with height in their VFL side this year.

Lewis Pierce (st.kilda listed ruckman) has special consideration from the VFL that allows him to play for Frankston instead of st.kilda’s aligned team Casey. Due to how many ticks are playing at Casey.

Wonder if we could argue the same thing for Jeffries and send him down to Werribee? I know they are struggling with height in their VFL side this year.
St kildas alligned team is sandy.

Dees are Casey

Watched him when he played at Coburg or Essendon, somewhere this year. Does anyone remember a very young Hamish MacIntosh? Well this fella made H seem like a Stawell Gift runner, was a long way off it. Good luck to him for being at NMFC and getting the chance to live a dream, but there would be better players than him in the EDL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You reckon his Cat B rookie spot is blocking us getting the next Tom Jeffries?
For this guy to be playing Suburben football is nothing but a joke this the AFL not some 2nd string competition must delist at the end of the year I feel sorry for him but this is a business now a suburban competition like the VFL of the 60,70 and 80s where you can carry guys like this for up to 5 years

For this guy to be playing Suburben football is nothing but a joke this the AFL not some 2nd string competition must delist at the end of the year I feel sorry for him but this is a business now a suburban competition like the VFL of the 60,70 and 80s where you can carry guys like this for up to 5 years

hes a category b rookie....you know, a project player. it costs us stuff all, and he doesnt take a spot on our main list. hes a low risk/high reward spot.

I think you should use more punctuation because punctuation makes it easier to read what people post especially if they use the full stop to create sentences and commas followed by spaces and things that really make it easier to follow and structure the way the words work together I mean its not like grammar isn't something useful or anything its really quite helpful in situations like this and in communication in general or at least thats what i've heard over the years from various people and stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back