Player Watch #22 Nick Blakey

Remove this Banner Ad

tXbJBXbU.jpg

Nick Blakey
Nick Blakey is a prodigious talent with a laser-sharp left boot, an outstanding overhead ability and searing pace. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy product booted 21 goals in 19 games in a brilliant debut season en route to winning the club’s 2019 Rising Star award, and while he added a lively element to the forward line last year, he’s likely to play on a wing or in the midfield in 2020. Nick is the son of former Fitzroy and North Melbourne champion John Blakey, who’s had a variety of roles on the Swans’ coaching panel since 2006.

Nick Blakey
DOB: 27 February 2000
DEBUT: 2019
DRAFT: #10, 2018 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: University Of NSW-Eastern Suburbs (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:

He has always had a wide frame across the shoulders.. he was never going to have an issue with putting on size..blakeys shoulders are nearly inverted.

Its no knock on blakey, but id be really surprised if he manages to ever put enough size on to become an effective key forward
He’s a kid ffs, a very talented one at that! Who cares if he’s skin and bone...they’ll ******* feed him!

Even if he doesn’t fill out or if he is even a bust, it pisses north off, that’s good enough
He wont be a bust...he has immense talent and just knows how to play footy.. i just dont think he will make it as a key forward... no reason he cannot become an elite player though

I find it hilarious how Melbourne folk depict all Sydney siders as Chardonnay swilling snobs heading off to the opera. Apparently all of us have rich relatives with SCG memberships we can borrow and watch the game from the ladies and members stands. Little brother complex rife on the norf board, hilarious.
Is this stereotype still going on!Our fan demographic varies immensly, families, well to do business people and normal people who have a passion for our club!
You cant fit that many rich members spongers into a tiny little area. Anyway i am quite sure that house prices in Nth melb,are well up the Chardonnay swilling prive bracket!!

Is this stereotype still going on!Our fan demographic varies immensly, families, well to do business people and normal people who have a passion for our club!
You cant fit that many rich members spongers into a tiny little area. Anyway i am quite sure that house prices in Nth melb,are well up the Chardonnay swilling prive bracket!!
I don’t mind a bit of Chardonnay.
Especially when celebrating a win against norf ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that Grundy playing for SA any relation to Reg?
edit: No, younger brother of Brodie

I'm convinced that every fourth person in SA is a Grundy.

I like that routine. Simple. Direct.

Pretty excited.

Oh and while I'm judging him...he has good face. Anyone know if his girlfriend is a 6 at best or higher? (Lol. Just watched Moneyball again. Great movie,) :p

Blakey learning early you don’t get frees if you play for the swans

Seems a class above in the allies team

Blakey playing mid in the third and looking great

Remove this Banner Ad

Back