Player Watch #22 Nick Blakey

Remove this Banner Ad

tXbJBXbU.jpg

Nick Blakey
Nick Blakey is a prodigious talent with a laser-sharp left boot, an outstanding overhead ability and searing pace. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy product booted 21 goals in 19 games in a brilliant debut season en route to winning the club’s 2019 Rising Star award, and while he added a lively element to the forward line last year, he’s likely to play on a wing or in the midfield in 2020. Nick is the son of former Fitzroy and North Melbourne champion John Blakey, who’s had a variety of roles on the Swans’ coaching panel since 2006.

Nick Blakey
DOB: 27 February 2000
DEBUT: 2019
DRAFT: #10, 2018 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: University Of NSW-Eastern Suburbs (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Looking very good. Field kicking is not swans like.

Also can we have these commentators and umps? Streets above the usual
Agreed, letting the game play and the knowledge of the commentators on the guys is great

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Could play either forward or mid by the looks.

May be just shorter than Cripps though
Do you know where you can get player stats on these games Membling?

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Is he good enough to be tayed top 10?

Yup. Especially now show can play a bit through middle. Probably put him around the 5-9 bracket with the two SA talents and King brothers ahead.

Do you know where you can get player stats on these games Membling?

No idea unfortunately. Would like to see a break down myself. Probably champion data has them

Kapanis

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Yup. Especially now show can play a bit through middle. Probably put him around the 5-9 bracket with the two SA talents and King brothers ahead.

No idea unfortunately. Would like to see a break down myself. Probably champion data has them
Thanks, will look it up

Kapanis

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Looking a bit buggered in the last

He will be in the team in 2019 as an on-baller and perhaps in 2021 or so he will be moved into the forward line.

The midfield could really use him, and at 195cm he is going to be a very hard player to match up on.

Can’t see him in the middle in 19

He will follow the footsteps of Heeney, Parker etc etc and play hf imo

Swans hardly ever through them in the middle , always hf

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Looks more of a natural on baller

Geez he is skinny hey

Reads the play well. Has the same issue as Buddy in that he is a KPF who also has one of, if not the best i50 field kicks.

Reckon he will fill out - will never be a Hawkins or Cloke though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty bad up forward in the first half, dropped everything that came his way.

Way better as midfielder, complete one-way player though. Horse will make him work on his defensive game before he gets a go.

Bit to work with though, midfielder for me.

Looks more of a natural on baller

Geez he is skinny hey
But no more skinny than those shown in opening credits - Lance, Dangerfield, Fife, ...

I heard Shifter Sheahan say he rates him a definite top 10, perhaps 5 today on SEN.
So he'll get bid on with 1 now. :)

Lukosius wil be #1

McEvoy

Alpaca My Bags
Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor SFA Fight For MND SFA Bushfire Appeal SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser drazah memorial Beyond Blue donor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Sep 26, 2016
A good paddock
AFL Club
Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back