Bob

Remove this Banner Ad

How so? I didn't see the show.

Let me give you one example (among many).

They got on to talking about Fyfe's Brownlow win … and pretty much the entire thing turned into Murphy telling Fyfe about his own night at the Brownlow count that year. Including such absolutely fascinating detail as Murphy saying that he was trying to have a private chat with Fyfe at the after-party but his wife then turned up and interrupted the hug and the conversation to tell him to get some more drinks.

My recollection is that Fyfe was essentially sitting there, looking a bit unsure of what to even do or say next … before giggling and saying something like "oh, ok, I can't remember that, sorry … I'm glad it sounds like you enjoyed the night, though." :eek:

Last edited:
Really enjoyed that episode of Fyfe. Good on him for being open and honest while still playing.

Also like the laid back style and it differs from the hot seat/grilling and serious type of show that is open mike. Hope it continues.

So he's a loser either way amirite.

I like Tex. Great front man and vocalist. I don't care if he's a norf supporting saints supporter.

I walked past him one night around the corner from the espy in 95 and he was standing on the curb cradling a baby looking like he was waiting for a ride and I was like hey that's Tex Perkins. It was ******* cold.

That's my Tex Perkins story.

I just saw the rerun of it this morning. I enjoyed it, was definitely smart to have Nat Fyfe as the first episode.

One thing that annoyed me was the camera work, really shaky sometimes.

I just find Bob oh so ponderous and full of his own importance, as if every word is like casting pearls before swine.
Particularly at the start of the interview when Rob Sitch was having gentle digs at the location, the lack of alcohol etc and bob was just concerned with his next pearl of wisdom and completely missed the the little humorous asides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just find Bob oh so ponderous and full of his own importance, as if every word is like casting pearls before swine.
Particularly at the start of the interview when Rob Sitch was having gentle digs at the location, the lack of alcohol etc and bob was just concerned with his next pearl of wisdom and completely missed the the little humorous asides.
I picked up on that too, but felt the conversation was heavily edited throughout so this might have been an example?

I think Bob's a genuine guy. Yes, he's a bit of a coolsie and likes you to know he has good taste in music, but really he's just another inner Melbourne dude who happened to play 300 games of AFL footy.

Regardless, it's an interesting show and the guests are interesting.

So he's a loser either way amirite.

I like Tex. Great front man and vocalist. I don't care if he's a norf supporting saints supporter.

I walked past him one night around the corner from the espy in 95 and he was standing on the curb cradling a baby looking like he was waiting for a ride and I was like hey that's Tex Perkins. It was ******* cold.

That's my Tex Perkins story.

I was at a thug gig in the 80,s and he snarled in my face. I giggled .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like the show, it has a different vibe and should be commended for bringing something a bit different. It's a bit awkward but will get better with experience. I like the relaxed informal vibe and Bob will only get better. Reckon it could do with a name change though, something like Bob & Co. Ive never seen an interview with involving football where the guests were kind of letting their guard down and being themselves, to an extent.

Hope it grows.

I’m not going to put s**t on the show because I’ve watched all three episodes so far and haven’t hated the concept. Just one thing I’ve noticed about Bob that he could improve on is that every topic, every conversation, every little detail that his guest is talking about, without fail Bob will find a way to bring the conversation back to himself, his career, the Bulldogs etc.

Camera work muthatruckers, get it right!
Why in every episode so far is the camera being shaken so much??
I think it's meant to make the viewer feel like they're there and part of the conversation but really it just annoys the * out of me and makes me feel like my eyes are rolling around in my head. I've only watched the first two so far but it's the single worst thing about the show imo. If you asked me if I prefer this or Open Mike it's Bob hands down so far.

I’m not going to put s**t on the show because I’ve watched all three episodes so far and haven’t hated the concept. Just one thing I’ve noticed about Bob that he could improve on is that every topic, every conversation, every little detail that his guest is talking about, without fail Bob will find a way to bring the conversation back to himself, his career, the Bulldogs etc.
I think that is pretty much a central concept of the show, ie a conversation as opposed to an interview

Remove this Banner Ad

Back