Switch The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Just got my glider so hopefully tomorrow I can sink some hours into it. Slowly getting into it and slowly getting used to the controls.

The game is massive,
you think that you've gotten far, but you realise the map is huge!
it's taken me about a year but in 20 minutes spurts, every 2nd day, not every day.

sometimes you get a chance to play for an hour or two, but if you are busy, you can't, and often you're at work or doing something else, you'll think about the game a fair bit.

however, you would get that far way quicker if you just look at youtube tutorials, I was doing it without any guides, I recommend using guides to maximise experiencing the game in better ways.

Also, i didn't realise how many moves you could learn outside of the standard menu.

That's where guides really help.

Last edited:

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
The game is massive,
you think that you've gotten far, but you realise the map is huge!
it's taken me about a year but in 20 minutes spurts, every 2nd day, not every day.

sometimes you get a chance to play for an hour or two, but if you are busy, you can't, and often you're at work or doing something else, you'll think about the game a fair bit.

however, you would get that far way quicker if you just look at youtube tutorials, I was doing it without any guides, I recommend using guides to maximise experiencing the game in better ways.

Also, i didn't realise how many moves you could learn outside of the standard menu.

That's where guides really help.
Not gonna long to lie I use a guide for most dungeons.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Not gonna long to lie I use a guide for most dungeons.

After about 25 you can sort of figure it out, sometimes it’s something obvious, sometimes not.

This is a spoiler, but you can find a master sword on top of woodlands tower, with the skull rock on top of the tower. It took me way too long to find it.

If you don’t use guides, you’d never know.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
After about 25 you can sort of figure it out, sometimes it’s something obvious, sometimes not.

This is a spoiler, but you can find a master sword on top of woodlands tower, with the skull rock on top of the tower. It took me way too long to find it.

If you don’t use guides, you’d never know.
I only found a royal claymore, but I already had the master sword

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
The most dissapointing moment of the game was discovering the bridge of Eldin. They couldn't atleast try make it like the twilight princess one.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I haven't even scratched the surface in this game...
this probably comes down to, not having played many open-world games and being a bit rusty and the thought process behind just getting to the point of a linear route to achieve goals quickly.

If you watch a lot of fan videos, they have uncovered a heap of towers/map areas, have pinned every location, own a house, have all the ancient armour and the hyrial shield, have a ton of stealth...

again, you think you've done a lot, but watch fan videos, nope!

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
really?!

Man half the fun is working it out yourself. There were only a few I resorted to guides for.
I've actually relied allot less on guides since I posted that but I prefer to get through puzzles as quick as possible. I don't like it when they hold me up from exploring.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
I've actually relied allot less on guides since I posted that but I prefer to get through puzzles as quick as possible. I don't like it when they hold me up from exploring.
yeah well, the beauty of a game like Zelda is that you can literally play it almost any way you want to.

For me, the puzzles in the Shrines was the exploring, or at least a large part of it. Certainly one of the best parts of the game. I got sad when I ran out of Shrines to find

Back