Review Round 16, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How good was that?!

Hipwood hit his straps finally! It was a team unit to get that win and I managed to snag this!

bc73893de5bb265b91c0cad5b40b016c.png

Party time!

Cutler, Beams, Gardiner, Hippy, Rich I think. Tough to decide. Pretty even contributions, overwhelmed them early. Stuffed around a bit at the end which was a shame, but still, won all quarters and can't mind a 65-point win.

Witherden put in quite a good game, Hodge continues to be massive, great to see Barrett playing well too.

And six for Hippy! Great to see. Could do a bit of cleanup but 6.2's a more than handy return.

Cutler, Beams, Gardiner, Hippy, Rich I think. Tough to decide. Pretty even contributions, overwhelmed them early. Stuffed around a bit at the end which was a shame, but still, won all quarters and can't mind a 65-point win.

Witherden put in quite a good game, Hodge continues to be massive, great to see Barrett playing well too.

And six for Hippy! Great to see. Could do a bit of cleanup but 6.2's a more than handy return.

I’d add berry... pretty much shut out Cripps influence all day

Jeez how do you pick 5 from THAT?

Gardiner has really matured this season, has become arguably our most important player after we lost Andrews. Just gives 100%.

And special mention to Walker as well, he has quietly gone about his work in the backline in replacement of Andrews.

Average winning margin this year: 58 points.

Great team effort once again, felt like we could have really put the pressure on in the last quarter and won by 80+, but the long trip to Perth + 6 day turnaround would have been fatiguing.

Hipwood, Hodge, Beams & Witherden were great. Berry did an outstanding job keeping Cripps to just 21, and most of it was after half time.

Rich's best game for the year.

Gardiner and Walker gave Curnow an absolute bath, save a few charity frees from the umpires to give Carlton some respect.

Bring on Tassie next week!

That looked like a great game to be at. I wasn’t there, LOL. Other half came off her first night shift after maternity leave and was written off, and I wasn’t keen on bringing the little one on my own.

Amazing team work though, you could clearly see they stepped off the gas in the second part of the 4th quarter but the rest of the game had so much pressure. Midfield is doing really well to take pressure off the backline, and the backline is working surprisingly well without HA.

Rayner’s don’t argue for a second week in a row is inspired. Kid’s gonna be a mongrel to take on in a year or two.

And well done Hippy, finally found his niche. Loooooved that tackle in the 4th too. Happy birthday to the GROUND.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams, Hipwood, Gardiner, Hodge and Berry for me. Berry's defensive work on Cripps was huge.

Incredible game to be at purely for the joy of seeing so many supporters who have stuck by the club through thick and thin through all the hard years. The light at the end of the tunnel is fast becoming blinding.

We won that game with immense pressure and put the Blues down better than both Port and Collingwood. THAT is the response you want to see after a good win - backing it up with an even more dominant performance!

Fantastic game. One of the best things was seeing the defensive efforts late in the game. Coming off a Perth trip, 6 day break, big win yet guys were still working hard even while getting tired.

Pretty hard to only pick 5 best this week. Could have picked several more.

Big praise for Gardiner - completely shut down Curnow and provided a heap of rebound. Walker, Lester, Hodge, Rich and Witho all did great work and provided great run from the back.

Berry was great on Cripps and then the rest of the midfield capitilised on it. Beams was huge, Zorko worked into the game, Cutler was involved a heap and could have had a monster if he'd kicked a little straighter.

Then up forward was the Hipwood show. Great to see him kick a bag. Others all worked really well to set him up. McStay, O and others may not have got the chocolates this week but played their roles.

Great game. So happy to see us get two in a row and the big % boost.

Now to go send my Carlton supporting sister a bunch of crap on winning the spoon

Good comfortable win. Aside from first qtr Blues were terrible, but we move the ball so much better these days. You can see the difference Hodge has made. Moving the ball through the corridor makes our forward entries so much more damaging. To win by such a big margin today and kick 18 goals and Oscar and Mcstay got one between them.

Happy to see Hippy get a bag - hope for many more over the years. Think he needed the bye a few weeks back - has freshened him up. Really liking Gardiners year - been superb. One of our most important players now.

Off to have a beer with my Carlton supporting neighbour :)

Oh yeah and umpire Nicholls you are disgrace - and that report of Oscar sums your day up.

I'm flying home from Paris today and I would like some advice about which win I should look at first as both have been taped.

Freo or Carlton?

Which was the better win?

Look at it like they are your children.....both as good as each other, then enjoy what they deliver!:D

...oh and welcome home to the best country in the world!

edit: start with Freo, that was the first which will then lead into todays win.

Last edited:
Back