QFA Div 2

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
We didn't. Lot's of valuable lessons learned though by a young Buffs group. Well played Park Ridge they were outstanding and are streets ahead in the flag favourites stakes, and rightly so.

Good to catch up Yesterday Bunyip.

Still plenty of football to play out but we fairly happy with the way we played yesterday in first half.

Achieved nothing yet and finals are a different race.

Good luck to you and the Buffs for rest of year.

Denchy

Debutant
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Coomera by 30 over Alex Hills
Coolangatta by 56 over Kenmore
Bond by 60 over Moreton Bay
Park Ridge by 56 over Vic Point

and in the upset of the round

Robina by <5 after the siren over Beenleigh

Alex by 12 against Coomera
Cooly easy against Kenmore
Bond by 80 over Moreton
Pirates by 60 plus over VP
Roos by 30 against Beenleigh

Oldboybuff

Rookie
May 14, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
League officials were at game and seen it all unfold. In the end some common sense prevailed and results were changed today.

Sorry Blocker I’m a bit behind been away for a week. Question? For you regardless of who wins a 2s game has the league officals opened a can of worms changing a result of a game that they attend. I watch a bit of community footy and I reckon plenty of games have been won by controversial decisions, I remember a Pirates Ump a few years ago being questioned on decision making.
As I said I’m a week behind but thought the club Ump being thrown under the bus on social media has been pretty average.
Anyway footy is only a game at the end of the day and we go again next week.
Hope Aflq are out there this week making sure the right decisions are being made.
Anyway if my team don’t win it this year I do hope the Pirates do.

Cheers Mick

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry Blocker I’m a bit behind been away for a week. Question? For you regardless of who wins a 2s game has the league officals opened a can of worms changing a result of a game that they attend. I watch a bit of community footy and I reckon plenty of games have been won by controversial decisions, I remember a Pirates Ump a few years ago being questioned on decision making.
As I said I’m a week behind but thought the club Ump being thrown under the bus on social media has been pretty average.
Anyway footy is only a game at the end of the day and we go again next week.
Hope Aflq are out there this week making sure the right decisions are being made.
Anyway if my team don’t win it this year I do hope the Pirates do.

Cheers Mick

Not sure they have opened can of worms, probably seeing they were there maybe it could have been sorted on the day.

But there was a fair bit of hostility, so probably letting everyone cool down was good decision in the end.

I suppose at the end of the day if there wasn't any AFLQ officials at the game, the result would have stood.

Did the bloke in question umpire today?

Oldboybuff

Rookie
May 14, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure they have opened can of worms, probably seeing they were there maybe it could have been sorted on the day.

But there was a fair bit of hostility, so probably letting everyone cool down was good decision in the end.

I suppose at the end of the day if there wasn't any AFLQ officials at the game, the result would have stood.

Did the bloke in question umpire today?

Of course he did, why wouldn’t he. He is probably the mostly experienced Ump in Div 2 Reserves.

As I mentioned I hope every 2s game gets Umpired the same way for the rest of the year. Heard the hostility was only coming from one side.
Anyway another game next week, catch up soon.

Denchy

Debutant
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hey Denchy you were a bit off did you mean Robina would score 30 points in the game or less than 30 points .
Didn’t expect em to do a Buffs and not score a goal in first half. Hard to comeback from that as you would well know

BonythonPython

Draftee
Feb 24, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
no I don’t, regardless of today’s results I still don’t

I think the buffs play like any side that has a big base of their players under 22, they are always going to be sporadic, play well when they are full of confidence and then other times go back in their shells if things aren't rolling on for them, which i think the cases were when they played bond and the pirates respectfully. If they can keep their list together I expect them to be a force over the next couple seasons.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
what did the email say Blocker?

I think it was reminding players and officials that any indirect comments on social media can end in suspensions or fines.

Think it was based on comments from a few recent controversial issues.

Think a few comments got very personal.

Back