• Too aggressive

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Some of my friends have neck tattoos

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Depends on what it is

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've suggested that tattoos are mainstream and that neck tattoos also are becoming mainstream, to some resistance.

Many studies in the past have tended to link tattoos and criminality, finding those who load up on body art are more likely to engage in high risk and/or criminal behaviour. We might need some more current studies.

I'm discretely tattoo'd and try not to judge but neck tattoos am a bit iffy on. Necks sag with age, so do boobs, one day that lovely new tattoo with nice clean lines might run into a bit of a blob.

It used to be illegal, might still be to have tattoo'd face and hands. I've had issue with tattooists who are willing to permanently ink especially young girls in places they can't easily hide, hands, neck, face.

And I feel old being uncomfortable with it.

neck-tattoos-1.jpg

I voted no but I'm sure all of us saw the picture of the accused in the murdered girl case in QLD recently and went "yep"

Trying to reconcile how a young girl, such as Larissa might have viewed those tattoos on his neck. Personally, his particular tattoos I'd be wary they were prison/gang related.

A piece here on convicts tattoos, really interesting actually. Of the 160,000 convicts transported to Australia, at least 37 per cent of males and 15 per cent of the women were tattooed when they arrived.

Thirty-one-year-old convict Isaac Comer’s tattoos included ‘seven stars, two rings, and an anchor between legs which was more common than head tattoos. They were tough back then. :flushed:

convicttatts.jpg

Censored.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...s/news-story/0b140e2d75166c4d30cdc193f31523fe

Attachments

• convicttatts.jpg
    convicttatts.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 188
see it time and time again, women/girls (usually not very smart ones)hang with blokes covered in tatts as if to say : look at me im with a bad boy/a rebel- people who don't know him judge him but I know he has a heart of gold under all that ink....... then those same girls have to get a restraining order or are bashed or worse when things go pear shaped, bottom line is most blokes who get covered in tatts either think they are tough or want people to think they are tough and any woman who gets involved will probably end up thinking maybe that boring accountant guy that was keen on me wouldn't be such a bad catch after all.

see it time and time again, women/girls (usually not very smart ones)hang with blokes covered in tatts as if to say : look at me im with a bad boy/a rebel- people who don't know him judge him but I know he has a heart of gold under all that ink....... then those same girls have to get a restraining order or are bashed or worse when things go pear shaped, bottom line is most blokes who get covered in tatts either think they are tough or want people to think they are tough and any woman who gets involved will probably end up thinking maybe that boring accountant guy that was keen on me wouldn't be such a bad catch after all.

Then they end up in barrels on the back of a Ute.

But society is to blame. It’s all your fault.

So you see one of society's bad boys on seeing the ink but not on what the tattoos actually are? Same with women?

So you see one of society's bad boys on seeing the ink but not on what the tattoos actually are? Same with women?
I'm covered from ass hole to breakfast I've got convictions but never done a day .
Might be the Poisions in the ink that make most tattooed people border line psycopaths .

I'm covered from ass hole to breakfast I've got convictions but never done a day .
Might be the Poisions in the ink that make most tattooed people border line psycopaths .

Did you really just put your hand up to being a border line psychopath?

Are they on your hands, neck or face?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't want to judge a book by its cover but any woman that ends up with someone covered in tatts and on steroids will be sorry and any guy who goes with a woman with lots of tatts and a boob job will be sorry..... usually

How did you get to to tattoo'd and steroids? Curious.
don't want to judge a book by its cover but any woman that ends up with someone covered in tatts and on steroids will be sorry and any guy who goes with a woman with lots of tatts and a boob job will be sorry..... usually

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

cause both types of people are trying to be something they are not and usually full of themselves

They think tatts and/or steroids give them some kind of 'tough guy' identity. Truth is, these guys are incredibly insecure and they don't have an identity that's why they need them, they probably have a night job stacking shelves if they're not selling drugs.

These guys are a real catch ladies..

They think tatts and/or steroids give them some kind of 'tough guy' identity. Truth is, these guys are incredibly insecure and they don't have an identity that's why they need them, they probably have a night job stacking shelves if they're not selling drugs.

These guys are a real catch ladies..

Down syndrome people get married too mate , geez the mirror in your labyrinth must paint a picture .

I'm discretely tattoo'd and try not to judge but neck tattoos am a bit iffy on. Necks sag with age, so do boobs, one day that lovely new tattoo with nice clean lines might run into a bit of a blob.

Before I ask - I have 0 tattoos. So it's not like I'm trying to defend myself here.

BUT

Is this not the most ridiculous argument? Seriously, think about it - how many old people do you know who really give a * what they look like? They know they are saggy, wrinkled and grey. It's the most ridiculous turn of logic - "you'll look weird when you get old!" so will everyone else, tattooed or not. By the time they're 70 their skin will be average anyway so who cares if the tattoo is on there too?

It's an argument that comes from nothing but just grasping at straws against tattoos.

Personally I'll never get one but I have no interest in the art/fashion side of it and prefer to tribute my family in other ways, and thirdly am not in a gang which seem to be the 3 most common reasons for it. I certainly doubt there'd be a link these days between tattooing and criminality as it is seemingly mainstream, but we would need a modern study - I'd suggest even if there was a link that it could well be tats post-criminality, rather than tattooing indicating your potential criminality in the future.

how many prisoners have tatts? would suggest 95% would suggest criminal bikies are probably the same most people who get completely tatted are either tough or desperately want you to think they are, always exceptions and some people genuinely like tatts and get them done but ever since NBA players and rock stars have started getting lots of ink the amount of try hards or wanna bees going to tattoo parlours has exploded,in saying that sometimes clean cut accountant types turn out to be serial killers

how many prisoners have tatts? would suggest 95% would suggest criminal bikies are probably the same most people who get completely tatted are either tough or desperately want you to think they are, always exceptions and some people genuinely like tatts and get them done but ever since NBA players and rock stars have started getting lots of ink the amount of try hards or wanna bees going to tattoo parlours has exploded,in saying that sometimes clean cut accountant types turn out to be serial killers

I don't know the stats Ike but I think you could benefit in lashing out, walk into your local and get a dot on your toe. Live my man.

Back