F1 Championship 2018 - Round 10 - Great Britain

Silverstone.JPG

Surprised there wasn't a thread yet.

Ferrari and Mercedes dominating practice. Red Bull well off the pace.

Watching P3 and Brendon Hartley just had a massive suspension failure and a very scary crash. Glad he is okay. What the hell are they doing at Toro Rosso?

Had to check Gasly's car to avoid a repeat.

OP is an amateur. Does not provide the whenisf1on link...

Amateur at starting these threads. First one I have started in here because the regular thread starters are slack. Actually I just wanted somewhere to comment on Hartley's crash because it was so strange.

Looking at Renault's issues, RBR going to Honda is well worth the risk.

Man, I'd love to see these drivers competing with the same engines. Sort the wheat from the chaff then.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Amateur at starting these threads. First one I have started in here because the regular thread starters are slack. Actually I just wanted somewhere to comment on Hartley's crash because it was so strange.
Thank you for starting the thread. Thank you for the effort

I don't think Hamilton can win.

To busy laughing at playing Croatia in the semi final of a world cup in Russia.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is what Daniel son had to say about qualifying
He finished sixth. Over a second from pole.

“Today was challenging and a bit frustrating. On the best run in Q3 I didn’t have DRS working between turns four and six so we lost a bit of time there but we were missing a lot already. Silverstone has proven to be a real horsepower circuit these days, a lot of the corners are full throttle, turns one, two and nine are not really corners anymore, it’s all about horsepower. Knowing how much we lose on the straights and then losing DRS was pretty frustrating. We kind of knew yesterday that we were going to struggle to be better than the third row, so we’ve set the car up more for the race, so let’s hope that pays dividends tomorrow. I’m hoping it gets hotter and hotter so the tyres become a factor, if it’s a one stop race then it obviously limits our chances but if it’s on the cusp then it could be interesting. Let’s hope the fans need factor 75 tomorrow, if that even exists (laughs). We’re still a long way off Ferrari and Mercedes but in the race things can change so hopefully tomorrow provides something a bit different. In Austria we didn’t really seem that fast but in the race we turned it around which gives us some optimism.”

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hamilton was all praise for the crowd. He says Ferrari are faster but the fans got him across the line.

Vettel bottas and iceman all whinged about mistakes they made

Weather reports favourable for redbull. They are more confident handling tyres. All the others are anxious. Redbull set thier car up for a hot race. The others simply went for glory.

Could see verstappen win again.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
It's alright, man :thumbsu: I was just taking the piss. The other guys on here would get it.

May 7, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Ferrari pace is due to a new floor. It looks to be doing the business.

In last nights telecast, I cant remember if it was FP3 or Q, Button was talking about the blown diffusers they used to have. He was saying that even when they came off the throttle the engine was still blowing at 95%. How they managed to do that has got me stuffed.

I am puzzled as to why other engine builders can't get within striking distance of Mercedes and Ferrari. Is it just knowledge they lack? RBR have a great designer that gives them an advantage but Renault have let them down and Honda are off the pace.

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
I am puzzled as to why other engine builders can't get within striking distance of Mercedes and Ferrari. Is it just knowledge they lack? RBR have a great designer that gives them an advantage but Renault have let them down and Honda are off the pace.
Be curious to see where Honda currently sit because renault were clearly ahead last year and red bull have access to both and have made the switch now.

If honda are serious they will be able to bridge the gap in the next year or 2

Be curious to see where Honda currently sit because renault were clearly ahead last year and red bull have access to both and have made the switch now.

If honda are serious they will be able to bridge the gap in the next year or 2

Sainz didn't even make it through Q1. They seem to be sliding backwards to me. I think Honda will be spending a heap to be competitive.

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
Sainz didn't even make it through Q1. They seem to be sliding backwards to me. I think Honda will be spending a heap to be competitive.
Assuming Honda is catching/caught Renault which the results of gasly vs renault appear they are, by next year surely Honda will be in the gap between the lead 2 engines and Renault.

Back