Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Recording the #GCSUNSCAST tonight. 17er is back, do you have any questions or discussion topics?
1/ Rory Thompson. Coming up to his 100th game, I think he's had a very solid year. It has been a great comeback to form after a disappointing 2017.
2/ One tactic Rory has been implementing is to shepherd the player on the mark to allow our other defenders to play on. Clarkson introduced this tactic at Hawthorn years ago. Are there any other tactics you've observed at other clubs that you think the Suns should copy?

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Great stuff gents :thumbsu:
Listened to the show for the first time today. Such a change to hear a balanced, well-informed discussion rather than one that is all negativity as what we get from the Melbourne media. Keep it going!!!

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ok i dont want to go to early on this but.......
Im in discussions with callum twomey from AFL.com.au to guest on the podcast for an interview. This is still being negotiated but the amazing thing is he is sounding quite interested in it. When i can confirm a date to chat with him i will let you all know so you can send me any draft or academy related questions.

gosuns!

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Im in discussions with callum twomey from AFL.com.au to guest on the podcast for an interview. This is still being negotiated but the amazing thing is he is sounding quite interested in it. When i can confirm a date to chat with him i will let you all know so you can send me any draft or academy related questions.
Great boost for you mate, well done and hopefully it works out!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

HSK2133

Draftee
Mar 11, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Great to see this podcast slowly but surely taking off!

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Talking points for this weeks episode?
Brodie did he do enough?
And
Thats it not much else to take from this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Calling out to all suns fans,
Im planning to do a future episode of the #GCSUNSCAST that pays tribute to players and staff at the club who have gone out of their way to do something amazing for the public.

Im not talking about a school trip or a community program advertised by the club, this is about showing their character when its not expected.
Did you meet a player who helped you?
Did mark evans or another staff member listen to you and went out of their way to make your day?
Did a player or coach get involved and attend a community event outside of their required commitments?

Let me know your story so i can share with the Local community and give thanks to the Gold coast suns.

Together this is our team, our community.
Go Sunners.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Do you ever want to go to metricon after that last game? It gets harder to be a suns supporter with every game played on the GC.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Any discussion topics or questions for this weeks GCSUNSCAST?

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Any discussion topics or questions for this weeks GCSUNSCAST?

Be interested to get yours and toms thoughts on the game plan.. imo we don’t have the players to play the game plan dewy is trying to instil
When we play attacking football going forward we can stick it with teams then when the pressure comes at us and we try to switch to a defensive style our players seem to get lost in trying to set up structurally and seem to get lost between contests

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Be interested to get yours and toms thoughts on the game plan.. imo we don’t have the players to play the game plan dewy is trying to instil
When we play attacking football going forward we can stick it with teams then when the pressure comes at us and we try to switch to a defensive style our players seem to get lost in trying to set up structurally and seem to get lost between contests

Agree...the game plan and I also feel we are one trick ponies. There is no plan B once the opponent makes some adjustments.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This week tom and i Discuss The Morale in the suns camp, The returning Stars and is Darcy McPherson the Suns most valuable player?

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Huge win for the suns this week.
The first since the podcast started.
So plenty to talk about hit me up with any questions or discussion topics for this weeks episode.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hi guys, id like to make a little montage for the podcast with commentary and such from our win. Struggling to find some good moments/audio as commentators of the game on fox were pretty crap. Anyone got any links to some radio commentary for the game?

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I guess the answer was Young & Sexton.
I forecast Young and Holman, but regret abandoning Sexton. Sexy is our barometer and nails goals when we are up and going. Holman had an influential role, but I Young had a terrific game. Wright did some encouraging things that point to him getting up for goals very soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back