Friday Night - St Kilda v Carlton WTF

Will crowd tonight be over 10k?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How many threads do we need ripping into Carlton?

Seriously.....

Thread is only really 50% about Carlton....

...plus on form they deserve it anyway.

Hindsight is 20/20.
This is why they need to look at having some sort of flexibility with the fixture.

I’ve seen that many games on channel 7 the last few years that were terrible because the two teams involved weren’t anywhere near as good as the AFL thought they would be or a good team is dealing with a heap of injuries and gets smashed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both were expected to be on the up when the fixture was drawn up.
By who? St Kilda, yeah, there was a fair bit of optimism about in some quarters. But Carlton? If by "on the up" you mean not expected to be a total shambles, then yes; pushing for the eight or anything like it, who expected that?

I don't really agree with the idea that Friday night should be marquee match-ups every week. I'd rather it was shared around more evenly, including games without a Vic team playing. But while the AFL maintain that it based on performance, match-ups like this deserve to be questioned as it really does not look like it.

Both were expected to be on the up when the fixture was drawn up.

Anyone who thought Carlton were going to be good has NFI. St Kilda and Melbourne, sure, they were tracking alright. But Carlton were down with North and the Suns with no sign of a drastic jump.

Anyone who thought Carlton were going to be good has NFI. St Kilda and Melbourne, sure, they were tracking alright. But Carlton were down with North and the Suns with no sign of a drastic jump.
Yeah dont you remember?
Carlton were on the up when they only lost to the Tigers by under 5 goals in round 1.

Back