Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed]

premiershipvigil

All Australian
Aug 19, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think he's had good games but he' also been inconsistent. The last 2 weeks in particular have been good for him. If Butler has an injury like whats been reported I think he's a good chance to come in. It seems the club need him to be doing more when we don't have the ball for him to earn a spot.

With all that being said, Townsend won the Liston Medal last year he was going so well in the VFL and he had to wait until round 22 to get a call up!
Cheers mate, good luck in the finals, not sure Bolton is what Melbourne need as we need defenders to replace Lewis and Vince

How can a bloke that can’t get a game in seniors be worth anything better than a 3 rd round pick?
He's 19 in his second year playing great footy at vfl level.

He was always going to take time to build his tank.

His football ability is not the reason he isn't playing AFL. It's his ability to run out a game.

Ffs. People with no idea about him should not post in this thread. It's embarrassing.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Your dreaming have you ever seen him play ?
Whats Scrimshaw & Brodie worth ?
Yah I saw him play , Majak 2.0 but better field kick.

Scrimshaw and Brodie worth a lot for GC but less for other club . In saying that if you have inside mid but like Weller want to play for GC or from Queensland that are same age and first round pick , more than welcome to exchange players.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

Scrimshaw and Brodie worth a lot for GC but less for other club . In saying that if you have inside mid but like Weller want to play for GC or from Queensland that are same age and first round pick , more than welcome to exchange players.

Wow.......you really have no idea do you!

UpTheTigs

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2016
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Buccaneers, 76ers, Bournemouth
Kid has all the tools to be a mega star of the competition. Unfortunately (for Richmond) this doesn't affect his value in any way. Drafted at #29, shown some magic at AFL level and has lit up VFL games but lacks consistency - as most young small forwards do. Can guarantee every club would love someone with his talent/potential on their list. Can he harness it consistently is the big knock on him.

Whoever he plays for will have themselves an absolute steal from an ROI (return on investment) perspective. Whether it's Richmond with Pick 29 or any other team using somewhere between pick 30-40 should he elect to move.

Anyone suggesting he's suddenly become worthless (Seen some suggesting pick 50+) because he hasn't been able to crack the Premiership side who's key strength is small forwards needs to stop posting.

Would be happy to keep him as he'll probably surpass Castagna and Butler sooner rather than later, but I worry about Ralph Carr's influence and tactics in negotiations. I'd happily see Bolton move elsewhere in a deal that benefits both parties, as we have a plethora of smalls.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Is he out of contract? Has he been offered a contract? Has he been linked to any other club?
He is out of contract this year and is managed by ralph Carr ( you know the manager that took Dusty on a world tour of all the clubs before bringing him back to sign with tigers 5 years ago)

From what we know he doesnt have an issue with the club and doesnt want to go back to perth but has put contract talks on hold
This looks like the modus operandi for carr and the way he deals as he only has 2 afl clients in Dusty and Shai and has done the same thing both times

From what we have heard he is best mates with Dan Rioli and is dating Rioli's girlfriends bestie / Friend
Chol,Stengle,Rioli,Bolton are like a little group that hang out together and are always doing things together so i personally doubt he wants to leave and probably wants more game time and Carr wants to get him the best $$$ deal - Not sure how that would play out but my view is he will sign

What the hell are you talking about ??? Majak 2.0 Dude you have no idea
are you being racist ?

Back