Preview Round 17 vs Essendon, 7:25pm, Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Out : young , Risca
In : Scrimshaw , KK

Essendon will be smarting after their loss to the Pies. Could get rough, are we expecting anyone coming back this week?
Noone coming back this week.

2s side had the bye as well so hard to see many changes. I'd like to see another great game by KK before bringing him in.

In Hamilton's article about Day's surgery Suns expect Ainsworth to be back this week. So somebody has to go out. I bet it will be Young :)

Young seems to be a protected species and incapable of being dropped. I hope this trend changes this week though and Ainsworth comes in for him. On another note our injuries have been horrific again this year. Is it time we start questioning our injury prevention and training program?

Young seems to be a protected species and incapable of being dropped. I hope this trend changes this week though and Ainsworth comes in for him. On another note our injuries have been horrific again this year. Is it time we start questioning our injury prevention and training program?
Cordy's contract is up so definitely the extensive review is due. We did get 7-8 soft tissue injuries so far. Average is 5-6 per team per year. The rest is contact that are hard to prevent - broken bones, shoulders, knees. But it's frustrating as hell when it's happening every year. Since round 5 against Lions we looked cooked. Only the last 2 rounds we seem ok in last qtr. I was actually shocked when we looked better than Pies in the last quarter. Is it because of Cordy's program or crazy 9 away games travelling killed us? Young players did bulk up over preseason.

Last edited:
Cordy's contract is up so definitely the extensive review is due. We did get 7-8 soft tissue injuries so far. Average is 5-6 per team per year. The rest is contact that are hard to prevent - broken bones, shoulders, knees. But it's frustrating as hell when it's happening every year. Since round 5 against Lions we looked cooked. Only the last 2 rounds we seem ok in last qtr. I was actually shocked when we looked better than Pies in the last quarter. Is it because of Cordy's program or crazy 9 away games travelling killed us? Young players did bulk up over season.

I honestly believe it's a combination of Cordy's program and our 9 away games. Our list is extremely young so I think that the endurance and stamina to run out games just isn't there just yet that kind of stuff come out of 2-3 strong pre-seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see some lads coming back from injury through the NEAFL and into the squad! Yewww!

Attachments

• 2C70430D-81E0-4625-8F9F-6ED8C34C416A.jpeg
    2C70430D-81E0-4625-8F9F-6ED8C34C416A.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 195
If a louder more aggressive crowd influences the umpires decisions like last week. Let’s give them a good ol Gold Coast tongue lashing!!! Plenty of boos at the umpires this weekend! Hate to be sitting within 15 metres of me this Saturday.

That's why we've gotta match their loudness in our stadium at our home! I wish I could be at the game screaming my lungs out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back