Past Jarrad McVeigh - premiership captain, retired 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do we need every ex player to become a coach, go spread your wins Jarrad

Would get more of the same with Macca.

Think Rhyce Shaw might be the same; all of his coaching under Malthouse or Horse.

Macca had an operation to insert a plate in his collarbone on Friday morning. Is it standard to operate so soon after trauma? Or is this designed to maximise his chances of being back on deck for the finals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macca had an operation to insert a plate in his collarbone on Friday morning. Is it standard to operate so soon after trauma? Or is this designed to maximise his chances of being back on deck for the finals?
Once the plate is in, arm movement can start pretty much immediately though not heavy movement.

Once the plate is in, arm movement can start pretty much immediately though not heavy movement.

As long as he can point get him out there.

Been in our bests all season.

As long as he can point get him out there.

Been in our bests all season.

He'll be back in 3 or 4.
It's the wound that can be tricky & my son still has a plate in his collarbone (second time) & it protrudes & if bumped hurts like hell. So it all depends on how Macca feels about it. Needs a heap of padding but he will be targeted heavily.

Barry Hall had more influence in 05 and Macca's game in 16 was as influencial to the Dogs as was Scott Jeffrey.

Macca was a Swan though.
I only remember Barry Hall as a Bulldog though because that's how he wants to be remembered.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...d5217fa00?sv=ec0dc2b826f4a2cf4e06acb32ba8758e

"He said his time at the Whitten Oval had been the most enjoyable in his AFL career, and thanked the Bulldogs fans and the media for "laying off him a bit".
"(The Dogs) put their head on the chopping block, had their knockers and doubters, put a bit of faith in me that I could change my way and do a bit of good for the football club," he said.
"Without a doubt my most enjoyable time playing AFL football, and that’s a credit to the players."
He said when he looked back on his career, he would consider himself a Bulldog player, the team he barracked for as a kid."

Macca was a Swan though.
I only remember Barry Hall as a Bulldog though because that's how he wants to be remembered.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...d5217fa00?sv=ec0dc2b826f4a2cf4e06acb32ba8758e

"He said his time at the Whitten Oval had been the most enjoyable in his AFL career, and thanked the Bulldogs fans and the media for "laying off him a bit".
"(The Dogs) put their head on the chopping block, had their knockers and doubters, put a bit of faith in me that I could change my way and do a bit of good for the football club," he said.
"Without a doubt my most enjoyable time playing AFL football, and that’s a credit to the players."
He said when he looked back on his career, he would consider himself a Bulldog player, the team he barracked for as a kid."

He did switch back recently

But that did sound poor

Always felt Kirk was the leader of that group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back