List Mgmt. Fremantle FC Contract List/Depth Chart

Remove this Banner Ad

Meek I agree but Jones' output is appalling at WAFL level. He is compromised no doubt by the amount of tall timber we play but seems to constantly be the worst performed.

I wouldn't mind if we moved him on in favour of another developing tall (an 18 yo).
I wouldn't turf out Scott Jones. He deserves another year. If Sandi is gone, Darcy is the main ruckman, Apeness is the main Ruck/forward. Need depth.
Jones needs a summer of running.
Agreed.

I'd happily trade our 2019 2nd, 3rd and 4th away for 30, 45 and 60 this year. The stats show there is little difference between picks after 30 in terms of success rate.

I'd also trade our 2019 first for a lower first + extras this year. I suspect our first will be top 10 again next year so somebody may bight on that if we are interested.

I wouldn't turf out Scott Jones. He deserves another year. If Sandi is gone, Darcy is the main ruckman, Apeness is the main Ruck/forward. Need depth.
Agreed.

Haha, you are outstanding at necro posting. Always quoting **** I said 2 months ago. I can live with Jones getting another year if Sandi goes. Think he needs to improve next year though to get more years. He was almost ok in his AFL games.

I guess they were mentioned because they're playing regular Peel. I'd assume Spurr is also going to join them. Mundy / Ballantyne will definitely go on. Sandilands a genuine unknown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2018-08-08/spurr-calls-time

Defender Lee Spurr has announced his retirement from AFL football after a remarkable rise from the rookie list and an impressive seven-year career at Fremantle.

Drafted with pick no.8 in the 2011 rookie draft, Spurr played 120 games between 2012 and 2017, however an injury-interrupted season with a persistent knee injury has seen Spurr spend the 2018 season on the sidelines.

The 31-year-old said the knee injury was a key contributor to him making the call to wrap up his career.

“After seven years I’ve come to the decision with my wife, Olivia, that it’s time for me to retire,” Spurr said.

“My body sort of let me down a little bit this year. I’ve had some issues and it was a hard decision.

“I’ve loved my time at the club. It’s really hard to say goodbye and I wish I could play on but for me, my knee is telling me it’s time for me to go and I’ve been battling with that all year.

“The hardest thing has been that I’ve been really close to getting back to playing three or four times this year but my knee hasn’t been able to hold up to the load.”

Since making his debut in round six of the 2012 season, Spurr played a crucial role at half-back during the most successful years in Fremantle club history – playing nine finals including Fremantle’s Grand Final appearance in 2013.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2018-08-08/spurr-calls-time

Defender Lee Spurr has announced his retirement from AFL football after a remarkable rise from the rookie list and an impressive seven-year career at Fremantle.

Drafted with pick no.8 in the 2011 rookie draft, Spurr played 120 games between 2012 and 2017, however an injury-interrupted season with a persistent knee injury has seen Spurr spend the 2018 season on the sidelines.

The 31-year-old said the knee injury was a key contributor to him making the call to wrap up his career.

“After seven years I’ve come to the decision with my wife, Olivia, that it’s time for me to retire,” Spurr said.

“My body sort of let me down a little bit this year. I’ve had some issues and it was a hard decision.

“I’ve loved my time at the club. It’s really hard to say goodbye and I wish I could play on but for me, my knee is telling me it’s time for me to go and I’ve been battling with that all year.

“The hardest thing has been that I’ve been really close to getting back to playing three or four times this year but my knee hasn’t been able to hold up to the load.”

Since making his debut in round six of the 2012 season, Spurr played a crucial role at half-back during the most successful years in Fremantle club history – playing nine finals including Fremantle’s Grand Final appearance in 2013.
good solid servant for us

Balla and Sandi and Mundy will go on in 2019 - we need them - valuable experience for the young ones to learn off.

D. Pearce, Johnson, Spurr will all go to greener pastures and hopfully we will get some more midfield depth from the draft.

I think we have enough talls and plenty are showing signs they will develop with a couple of pre-seasons under their belt.

Balla and Sandi and Mundy will go on in 2019 - we need them - valuable experience for the young ones to learn off.

D. Pearce, Johnson, Spurr will all go to greener pastures and hopfully we will get some more midfield depth from the draft.

I think we have enough talls and plenty are showing signs they will develop with a couple of pre-seasons under their belt.

I suspect one of Sutcliffe or Sheridan will be traded for a late pick. Sheridan has more value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back