Past #23 Buddy Franklin - Thanks Buddy

How long will Buddy play for Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy-Franklin-has-hit-300-games.-Photo-via-Fox-Footys-Facebook-page..jpg

Lance Franklin
Lance Franklin is a giant of the game. The star Sydney Swans forward has played 300 AFL games, won two premierships with Hawthorn, is the seventh-greatest goal-kicker in VFL/AFL history, is one of just five men with eight All Australian blazers and is the most recent player to have kicked 100 goals in a season. The Western Australian is also one of just two players in the game’s history, along with former Swan and Saint Tony Lockett, to have booted 300 goals for two clubs. Franklin was added to a leadership group for the first time in his career ahead of season 2020, joining co-captains Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker and Dane Rampe, as well as Callum Mills. But the 33-year-old, who was named captain of the 2018 All Australian team, has long been considered an exceptional unofficial leader, so great is his impact on Will Hayward, Nick Blakey, Ben Ronke and the rest of Sydney’s young forwards.

Lance Franklin
DOB: 30 January 1987
DEBUT: 2005
DRAFT: #5, 2004 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Dowerin (WA)/Perth (WAFL)/Hawthorn

Last edited by a moderator:

not saying you will be wrong but the first half of the contract will always be easier than the second half.

I remember mid 2013 ironically when the collingwood crowd incident happened Goodes still looked like a brownlow contending type player and thinking he will be a star forever, although he kept playing beyond all that his body started to let him down. Maybe some mental fatigue.

but 2014 and 15 he was not the same, the end can come quick
I cant imagine what getting that sort of racial animus would do to your will to play but I'd imagine it would be pretty deflating.

Whilst I agree with you, declines can come quick, I don't think goodes is a great example because of the extenuating circumstances there.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I cant imagine what getting that sort of racial animus would do to your will to play but I'd imagine it would be pretty deflating.

Whilst I agree with you, declines can come quick, I don't think goodes is a great example because of the extenuating circumstances there.

True, fair point

I think if anything it made him even greater in my eyes. The fortitude it must have taken to get out there every week and not only play but play really well and lead by example to the backdrop of boos and hatred... what an absolute champion.

Should get 900 this week.

If he keeps up his average scoring rate, he'll end the regular season on 923 goals, just behind Matthew Lloyd

With finals, you'd expect him to overtake him and finish the year 7th on the top goalkickers of all time.

*applauds in Sydney*

if he gets injured you two are in trouble

I see you're a believer of the magic scarf.

'If I wear my magic scarf to the footy, we'll win the game , because my scarf is magic'.

I see you're a believer of the magic scarf.

'If I wear my magic scarf to the footy, we'll win the game , because my scarf is magic'.

god no, not a loon

I just have a drink of water after every goal, sit with one leg folded, wear lucky socks, same t shirt under my guernsey every week and not eat while the games on

god no, not a loon

I just have a drink of water after every goal, sit with one leg folded, wear lucky socks, same t shirt under my guernsey every week and not eat while the games on

Are you Kenny?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just noticed that he's played 101 games for the swans.

Father/Son Rivalry with the Dawks incoming in the next 30 years.

RW you have 30 years notice.
If the rumours are true (i.e. 100 in 100), he's probably got enough offspring to fully populate both lists!

Im going to try my hardest to be at the game he brings up 1000

He's a dead set champion mate, I have no problems with the Bud, he gave us everything at Hawthorn.

I hope he has delivered for you guys too. 1000 puts him right up there with the greats and his ability to run around like a rover makes him super special.
Love watching him, except when you beat us. Ha ha.

Back