Preview Round 17 vs Essendon, 7:25pm, Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I enjoy watching Essendon play.
They have moved away from Goddard chipping the ball around in their defensive 50.
Careful slow boring risk free football.
Now they take the game on with their leg speed (Saad).
Exciting modern fast efficient football.

Perfect week for the umps to even out the ledger for Essendon.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/es...s/news-story/b286d2db309a9f22df7611bb6cce58ab

Wonder how many free kicks inside our defensive 50 we can give away this week.

Hope Dew has set up a similar meeting with umps.

feel free too if and when you get the absolute reem job we have been getting lately.

couldn't give a s**t if the free kick is uneven, as long as they call the same game for both teams, something that i haven't seen for 4 weeks for us.

feel free too if and when you get the absolute reem job we have been getting lately.

couldn't give a s**t if the free kick is uneven, as long as they call the same game for both teams, something that i haven't seen for 4 weeks for us.

Hearing any VFL fan coming to our board and complaining about getting done over by the Umpires is absolutely beyond the pale

Hearing any VFL fan coming to our board and complaining about getting done over by the Umpires is absolutely beyond the pale

I didn't say Gold Coast doesn't get done over also mate. All i said was that we were copping a reeming over the last 3 weeks ( statistically accurate) and all i want is the game to be called fair for both sides.

Not sure you have to mate it this a VFL vs SEAFL thing. I bloody live in Sydney anyway!

ahahahaha, surely this is a pisstake, that's us every week, even at home. It was 9 - 1 last week in favour of north for the first quarter alone, 5 of which directly led to scoring shots

ahahahaha, surely this is a pisstake, that's us every week, even at home. It was 9 - 1 last week in favour of north for the first quarter alone, 5 of which directly led to scoring shots

relax dude, all i'm pointing out is statistics....

Ess last 3 rounds - 45 for 80 against

GC last 3 rounds - 60 for 63 against

all i said was that over the last 3 weeks Essendon has been getting done over, and i said that hopefully this game is called fairly FOR BOTH teams. I am not in any way saying anything bad about gold coast....

relax dude, all i'm pointing out is statistics....

Ess last 3 rounds - 45 for 80 against

GC last 3 rounds - 60 for 63 against

all i said was that over the last 3 weeks Essendon has been getting done over, and i said that hopefully this game is called fairly FOR BOTH teams. I am not in any way saying anything bad about gold coast....
Raw free kick stats don't always give the whole picture though - it is genuinely possible that your players were just giving away a lot of free kicks, or that the other team was just very disciplined. It also doesn't tell you the actual outcome of those free kicks - ie. i'd rather have 20 - 0 free kicks all given from our forward line rather than the 9 - 2 last week in the first quarter where most of them were inside North's 50 and they got shots on goal.

I'll admit you got shafted in the WCE game but everyone does when they play them over there.

I didn't say Gold Coast doesn't get done over also mate. All i said was that we were copping a reeming over the last 3 weeks ( statistically accurate) and all i want is the game to be called fair for both sides.

Not sure you have to mate it this a VFL vs SEAFL thing. I bloody live in Sydney anyway!

Fair Enough. You should move up here up here to the Beautiful Little City and join the Suns Crusade. It’s the best advice you will ever get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dew must of been super happy with that 40 pt loss last week for there to be no change at all to the team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The reserves team had the bye last week. Hard to press for selection. No changes can't be all bad. Can't think of how many times we've had an unchanged side over the last few years.

I know this would be bad for our rise up the reverse ladder, but winning a couple of games on the run home would be fine with me.
Knock off the Bombers, the Blues and the Lions at Metricon?
Sign me up right now.
Start this week. 10 losses in a row is enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back