QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to the Western Magpies for putting on a great NAIDOC match day on Sunday. A real community event with one of the largest crowds seen at Chelmer for some time. Loved the indigenous design guernseys too!

Yeah fair points you make I think. Just interesting the timing that is all I thought. I believe the surfers coach is doing a great job. It would be a tough gig coaching a team at this level

I agree FF re the Surfers coach. My comment was directed at the fact that the Siders knocking over Broadbeach was a damn good effort from what i could tell.
I think you are right, coaching a team at this level would be tough. Is really a balance bn understanding blokes aren't getting paid enough $$ to make too many unrealistic demands and most aren't playing to "get somewhere else" or they would be playing NEAFL. At the same time it is a good enough level of footy to have to be able to demand some sacrifices from the group as well and there will be some younger blokes who you are looking to develop to get to the next level. Throw in the mix the unsettling affect having NEAFL guys coming in and out each week and I think it would be a frustrating task at times and a lot of man management!
Like any coaching its about getting the best out of the group you have at disposal and creating an environment that ensures people want to stay / come to your footy club. Its a tough gig for sure. Again, from what I know / can see I think the QAFL is very fortunate to have a large selection of good coaches in charge right now - it means that the one and most important position that can influence footy positively in a footy club is in good hands.

Not at all, have just noted Steve uses that term regularly and I find it amusing. The term itself is a bit cryptic and weird.

How about 'reward for effort' or are we replacing old cliches with new ones? :think:

Bolton and Fagan like nourishment too.

On the coach debate, on the whole I agree we are pretty well served at QAFL level.

On sat I don’t blame BA for our guys missing targets and falling off tackles- and plenty of our guys are having great seasons overall so I’m pretty comfortable with the job he is doing.

But credit to the Morningside coach for identifying our strengths and putting plans in place that put us off our game.

Bolton and Fagan like nourishment too.

On the coach debate, on the whole I agree we are pretty well served at QAFL level.

On sat I don’t blame BA for our guys missing targets and falling off tackles- and plenty of our guys are having great seasons overall so I’m pretty comfortable with the job he is doing.

But credit to the Morningside coach for identifying our strengths and putting plans in place that put us off our game.

Agree with you about the quality of coaches in the comp. A tough gig with all the variances involved especially with Neafl clubs taking and dropping players to QAFL clubs andas for Broady, we bring in a young Suns Academy player who is all but 17 and totally not up to QAFL senior level........ we would of been better off playing a guy that has been playing well in the ressies ,,,eg Brennan ,,,,or Sorrenson, who was dropped after a few senior games !!!!

Stuyd1 Broadbeach not outcoached pal - as premier2010 said the players weren’t there to play. Too many people played bad games.

QAFL coaching is a great standard. I’m sure most coaches get paid well but I believe Brett Andrews and all of his football department at cats are volunteers

Is this at any other clubs?

Stuyd1 Broadbeach not outcoached pal - as premier2010 said the players weren’t there to play. Too many people played bad games.

QAFL coaching is a great standard. I’m sure most coaches get paid well but I believe Brett Andrews and all of his football department at cats are volunteers

Gazza,
get it right ... I said Broady didnt turn up to play.....and We were outcoached, very much so with the plans and game moves put into place by the Panthers.

Gee whiz, coaching for zero. I would think this is very unlikely. If true then good luck to him. Would imagine most would get bn $6-10k dependin on level ofexperience.

Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't really matter whether he's paid or not - that would be his choice because Broady have clearly spent money this year. Not sure its a great model to have a volunteer coach. Good thing with Broady though is the stability under their coach. From all reports he has progressed as a coach and they have been steady in their progress and having a real crack this year.
Coach of the year - premiership coach? I think that is an archaic view on who is the best performing coach. Winning being the only measure of how good a job a coach has done is ridiculous - especially in a competition like the QAFL.
And to say that a team wins because they were outcoached in the box is equally ridiculous - much smaller game day than we think. It is also a slap in the face of the players. Coaches most important work is Monday to Friday or at least an even split with game day.

You know what they say about paying peanuts you get...........
Sorry Ablett u r seriously wrong ba is a leader was as a player and coach of Cooly and nothing would have changed players play for him and that’s the key hard but fair and a really good bloke off the field a leader there as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back