The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well you guys said if you get 50% Boogie. That's 50% Boogie.

Either way, everyone needs to calm down. It's only for one year. He might ruin s**t in GSW rather than improve things. The Pels were better after he was injured and he is a well known locker room cancer.

Plus he's coming back form a really serious injury.

Also what are your guys thought on LeBron going to LA?

Has he given up trying to chase Jordan because LA are not ready to compete and he is 33.

This league right now is all about shooting and LA have absolutely no shooting. Then they move to bring in Stephenson and Rondo who are both very average shooters too. They missed on Paul George as well and are not any closer to Kawhi.

Could be a mistake from LeBron.

Lol. Hart and Kuzma are good shooters who will only improve. Ingrams shooting improved last season and i reckon he will improve his all round game significantly this season as he showed more consistency last season and had some big games against good opposition. They also drafted the best 3 point shooter in college ball.

Lebron is used to playing with spuds with low IQs so i think he will enjoy playing with Ball and Rondo who are avg to above avg PGs with v high bball IQs.

Lebroom is not catching Jordan. That ship has well and truly sailed.

I think the Lakers will be a 4 seed this season and will get a big FA next season to push the lakers into title contention.

Won’t really push them into title contention though. Unless one of the big 4 leave the GSW, I can’t see the Lakers getting close to them.

I actually think there’s a chance Klay might be off. With no Klay and Boogie, it would even it a little bit.
At least 1 of them will leave next offseason

Lol. Hart and Kuzma are good shooters who will only improve. Ingrams shooting improved last season and i reckon he will improve his all round game significantly this season as he showed more consistency last season and had some big games against good opposition. They also drafted the best 3 point shooter in college ball.

Lebron is used to playing with spuds with low IQs so i think he will enjoy playing with Ball and Rondo who are avg to above avg PGs with v high bball IQs.

Lebroom is not catching Jordan. That ship has well and truly sailed.

I think the Lakers will be a 4 seed this season and will get a big FA next season to push the lakers into title contention.
Hart is alright, he shot 39% last season, Kuzma a more average 36%. I read somewhere that the Lakers were in the bottom 5-6 teams last season for 3pt%

Of course the young players should get better like Kuz, Ingram and even Hart and Ball. Ball's shooting probably wont improve and yeah Ball is high IQ but still young and dumb. Rondo is super high IQ.

But yeah the Lakers just arent very good. Of course LeBron immediately turns them into probably a playoff team in the West. Let's remember that LeBron could only drag Cleveland to the 4 seed in the much, much weaker Eastern Conference with better shooters around him in Cleveland.

So he's not suddenly gonna make the Lakers a top four team I wouldnt have thought.

But yeah that GOAT ship has sailed I think. He is pretty much writing off this year. Before he can probably realistically compete for a chip in 19/20 with perhaps another couple of big signings.

Hart is alright, he shot 39% last season, Kuzma a more average 36%. I read somewhere that the Lakers were in the bottom 5-6 teams last season for 3pt%

Of course the young players should get better like Kuz, Ingram and even Hart and Ball. Ball's shooting probably wont improve and yeah Ball is high IQ but still young and dumb. Rondo is super high IQ.

But yeah the Lakers just arent very good. Of course LeBron immediately turns them into probably a playoff team in the West. Let's remember that LeBron could only drag Cleveland to the 4 seed in the much, much weaker Eastern Conference with better shooters around him in Cleveland.

So he's not suddenly gonna make the Lakers a top four team I wouldnt have thought.

But yeah that GOAT ship has sailed I think. He is pretty much writing off this year. Before he can probably realistically compete for a chip in 19/20 with perhaps another couple of big signings.
39% is higher than Harden Jod....
Hart, KCP and Ingram shoot 38% or higher with Kuzma at 37%.

You are underrating them i think. Lakers would have been fighting for an 8 seed this year without Lebron. He bumps them up 10 spots on his own imo with the kids improvement bumping them up another 3-5 wins.

West will be interesting with the Rockets getting a fair bit weaker.

Yeah they cant pay all four of Green, Klay, Steph and KD. Dont be surprised if it's Green they let go of though. Klay is a terrific defender and the second best shooter in the game. They wont let go of him lightly.
Pretty sure they cant afford to pay KD, Steph and Klay the max. Reckon KD will opt out anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

39% is higher than Harden Jod....
Hart, KCP and Ingram shoot 38% or higher with Kuzma at 37%.

You are underrating them i think. Lakers would have been fighting for an 8 seed this year without Lebron. He bumps them up 10 spots on his own imo with the kids improvement bumping them up another 3-5 wins.

West will be interesting with the Rockets getting a fair bit weaker.
They are not volume shooters though. Look at Steve Kerr, he still holds the all time record for career 3pt% but nobody is taking Kerr over Curry. Kerr shot .454 from deep in his career with Steph shooting .436

But the key word here is volume. Curry is a volume shooter. Over the past three seasons Curry has averaged 10.3 three point attempts per game. For his career, Steve Kerr averaged 1.8 three point attempts per game.

Would you rather Kerr's average on 1.8 attempts or Curry's on 10.3 attempts.

This brings us back to LA. Hart, KCP, and Ingram are not volume shooters. Ingram attempted 1.8 threes per game last season. Josh Hart just 3.1 in his rookie season. KCP is the closest to a volume shooter as he takes 5.6 per game last season. It just wont be good enough to really challenge in the West.

Look at the roster, what even is their starting five?

PG - Rondo
SG - Ingram
SF - LeBron
PF - Kuzma
C - Lopez

Ball
KCP
Stephenson
McGee
Hart
Thomas

No where near enough shooters, or enough talent to trouble anyone in the West. The Lakers will definitely make the playoffs because LeBron is LeBron but they are no chance to win the title.

Interesting decision from LeBron as we all know how obsessed he is with being better than MJ but at 33, he is almost throwing away one year. The Lakers will make moves next summer though to bring in more key free agents. They need to somehow get Deng off the books too.

They are not volume shooters though. Look at Steve Kerr, he still holds the all time record for career 3pt% but nobody is taking Kerr over Curry. Kerr shot .454 from deep in his career with Steph shooting .436

But the key word here is volume. Curry is a volume shooter. Over the past three seasons Curry has averaged 10.3 three point attempts per game. For his career, Steve Kerr averaged 1.8 three point attempts per game.

Would you rather Kerr's average on 1.8 attempts or Curry's on 10.3 attempts.

This brings us back to LA. Hart, KCP, and Ingram are not volume shooters. Ingram attempted 1.8 threes per game last season. Josh Hart just 3.1 in his rookie season. KCP is the closest to a volume shooter as he takes 5.6 per game last season. It just wont be good enough to really challenge in the West.

Look at the roster, what even is their starting five?

PG - Rondo
SG - Ingram
SF - LeBron
PF - Kuzma
C - Lopez

Ball
KCP
Stephenson
McGee
Hart
Thomas

No where near enough shooters, or enough talent to trouble anyone in the West. The Lakers will definitely make the playoffs because LeBron is LeBron but they are no chance to win the title.

Interesting decision from LeBron as we all know how obsessed he is with being better than MJ but at 33, he is almost throwing away one year. The Lakers will make moves next summer though to bring in more key free agents. They need to somehow get Deng off the books too.
Lets agree to disagree. 2 of those players arent on the roster and have been replaced by rookies, one of which is a volume 3 point shooter. The big jump will come as Hart, KCP, Ingram and Kuzma will have more time and space to shoot witg Lebron drawing double teams and driving and kicking to the the open man.

Never said they would contend this season.

You said they would finish as the 4 seed in the West. That's not contending?
Not while this Golden State team is intact. Did Portland or OKC contend last season?

If you look at the standings from last season, 3-8 were seperated by 2 wins with Houston and Golden State 16 and 9 wins clear of 3rd respectively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back