Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderful local insights TheGreatGrundy, thankyou. Your ‘heart’ connection with the Thais continues to shine through.
How is your friend, the man in prison with TB?
Just added a video to my previous post which you probably also have access to that was released last night. Looks like the boys were all but chloroformed for the rescue journey.

Just heading to the jail now as I have done 4 days each week. I take public transport rather than waste taxi fares. It's a bit like going to work. Get a 10 minute visit behind glass via telephone, in a lineup of prisoners and visitors. I am regarded as a relation - adoptive father - and that allows me to visit, deposit money and buy from the prison shop. Will update you later MG. Have to leave shortly.

Just added a video to my previous post which you probably also have access to that was released last night. Looks like the boys were all but chloroformed for the rescue journey.

Just heading to the jail now as I have done 4 days each week. I take public transport rather than waste taxi fares. It's a bit like going to work. Get a 10 minute visit behind glass via telephone, in a lineup of prisoners and visitors. I am regarded as a relation - adoptive father - and that allows me to visit, deposit money and buy from the prison shop. Will update you later MG. Have to leave shortly.
I have a problem with that BBC footage. There is no way the boys were stretchered through the narrow tunnels or the narrow u bend where tanks had to be removed and the boy hauled up. The gap on the u bend was so small that Harris had to give his shoulder dimensions before being accepted for the mission. The boys may have been 'asleep' but would have been tethered to the diver minus stretcher underwater using a full face mask connected to their separate tank carried by the diver. Once chamber 3 was reached they were placed on a stretcher and carried out though again there were reports of some boys walking out of the caves. I am no expert but would be surprised if they slept the whole journey.The full face mask also allowed communication between diver and boy which you can't do if you're asleep. Musk's mini sub was rejected because of its unsuitability for the twisting tunnels and narrow gaps so can't see how a rigid stretcher could be any different.

EDIT Seems they might have used flexible stretchers. Might have to wait till the movie comes out to know the true facts.

Last edited:
Wonderful local insights TheGreatGrundy, thankyou. Your ‘heart’ connection with the Thais continues to shine through.
How is your friend, the man in prison with TB?
Lots of visitors today for some reason. I have been coming here for 5 years and have seen a few changes - aircon interview room, lockers for your belongings, metal detector but no improvement in prisoner conditions or welfare. My young bloke is 39 now. His elder brother died last year of a brain tumour and his dad 3 yrs earlier while he was inside. His mother has never visited, nor had his father before he died. His wife and daughters visit when they can but given that visiting hours coincide with monday to friday working hours, and the prison is a provincial one out in the sticks, visiting is not easy.

Oh took over a year and a half on 4 varieties of medication before being cleared of his TB. He gets bullied inside, mainly when locked in the room from 4pm to 6am with 50 other prisoners. Unfortunately some of my money ends up in the stomach of other prisoners as a result of having to buy friends. The prisoners know nothing about the cave drama - they have no access to information about the outside world other than through visits by relations. So not much has really changed for Oh other than time spent and remaining in jail. There is an aircon waiting room now but I sit outside to wait my turn because I cannot hear the names of prisoners called indoors.

I’ve sacked my local fish & chip shop. Last six times I’ve gone in for steamed dim sims they’ve been cold.

#noexcuse

That’s unforgivable, good call on the sacking but I’m surprised it took 6 times before you called it. My local has both Sth Melb dimmies and standard dimmies, we’re spoilt for choice.

That’s unforgivable, good call on the sacking but I’m surprised it took 6 times before you called it. My local has both Sth Melb dimmies and standard dimmies, we’re spoilt for choice.
Cold dimmies are unpalatable and there's no way I'd give them 6 chances to get it right. Obviously jmac is not spoilt for choice in his area.

Cold dimmies are unpalatable and there's no way I'd give them 6 chances to get it right. Obviously jmac is not spoilt for choice in his area.
I’m quite loyal. I told them today I’m not coming back. They didn’t seem to care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking... you know what doesn't get enough credit? How bloody good Didak's goal was in the Grand Final replay.

On the run, he smothered a kick, ran onto it, collected, snapped on his wrong foot, and goaled.

That was incredible.

I was thinking... you know what doesn't get enough credit? How bloody good Didak's goal was in the Grand Final replay.

On the run, he smothered a kick, ran onto it, collected, snapped on his wrong foot, and goaled.

That was incredible.
Don't forget the shimmy

I’ve sacked my local fish & chip shop. Last six times I’ve gone in for steamed dim sims they’ve been cold.

#noexcuse
..asian bakery in Hastings place steamed 'home made' dimmies in the hotdog warmer.
You can bite right into them without receiving 3rd degree burns, but still hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back