List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with those saying we don't necessarily need to draft talls with our early pick/s. Both Graham (194cm) and Koenen (194cm) should set us up nicely in terms of tall depth on our list. I'd really like to see us address our biggest issue and draft tough, ball-winning inside mids with our top picks. Bailey Scott will be a good start but once you add in Walsh and Rankine/Smith, you start to get excited about our midfield depth as well!
Are they any good (Koenan and Graham) , if other club don't rate them in ND draft ,GC can draft them as Rookie B . As much I like Rankine if Lukosius around I will draft him ahead of Rankine . It take years to develop Lynch/ may kpp type standard .

Are they any good (Koenan and Graham) , if other club don't rate them in ND draft ,GC can draft them as Rookie B . As much I like Rankine if Lukosius around I will draft him ahead of Rankine . It take years to develop Lynch/ may kpp type standard .
My understanding is both are highly rated internally and are seen as late draft worthy talent externally. Graham can play as both a tall forward and a tall backman, whereas Koenen is purely a tall defender. I've read about Graham's athleticism and ability to read the play and apparently it's quite impressive. Considering they are both in their draft eligible year, they may still have a few cms of growth left in them but even if they don't, 194cm is still tall enough to play key position in the modern AFL. I should also point out both were selected to represent the Allies this year in the U18 national championships but did not compete in every game.

And, of course, the reason they will succeed is they've both gone through the PBC school and club program ;)

My understanding is both are highly rated internally and are seen as late draft worthy talent externally. Graham can play as both a tall forward and a tall backman, whereas Koenen is purely a tall defender. I've read about Graham's athleticism and ability to read the play and apparently it's quite impressive. Considering they are both in their draft eligible year, they may still have a few cms of growth left in them but even if they don't, 194cm is still tall enough to play key position in the modern AFL. I should also point out both were selected to represent the Allies this year in the U18 national championships but did not compete in every game.

And, of course, the reason they will succeed is they've both gone through the PBC school and club program ;)
Look like B rookie Jacob Dawson ,if nobody bid on them. Delist Spencer and Mackenzie.

B rookie
Graham
Koenan
Greenwool

Last edited:

I hope we go for a few guys on other lists that are from the GC. Buzza for instance is a local and a KPF that isn't really getting a regular game at the Cats. If Lynch leaves surely we ask him to come home.

Josh Williams is another. Guy from our academy. Tall winger prospect that is very fast across the ground.

Ran some scenarios today of what our off season could look like:

Best case scenario:
- Lynch signs for 2 years
- Hall leaving nets us a second round pick
- pick 2 is used on Walsh or smith
- trade a second or third round pick for someone young and gettable from another club with upside: Kieren Lovell, Luke Partington, Willem Drew, Rhys Mathieson etc.
- Use WCE first pick on a KPP or trade for Harry McKay or Jacob Weitering
- Bailey Scott chooses us

Neutral:
- Lynch leaves and we get pick 3
- trade pick 3 for Adelaides pick 8 and 13 for an extra 2 shots at early draft (+one of the Kings slides to pick 8)

Worst case:
- Brodie and Scrim request trades to Carlton and we let them leave for anything less than pick 1
- May requests a trade (doubtful but has a lot of media traction)
- We trade out pick 2 for god knows what. even 2 later first round picks aren't worth trading pick 2

Delist Spencer, seriously?????

The kid can play and will be needed if May moves on
Can play ? How well , Hartung ,Deboer , Barlow all can play also and yet delisted by their former club, you need to make hard decision and one of them is Spencer . I think is worth to get Graham and Koenan than keeping Spencer .

Who is your Fridge Backmen
Leslie (198cm) , Spencer (190 cm), Ballard ( 195 cm ), Jaska (193 cm) ?
AFL
Steven may( 193 cm)
RORY Thompson ( 2m)
Sam Day ( 197 cm)

Last edited:
- May requests a trade (doubtful but has a lot of media traction)
Is it just the Melbourne media being mischievous or something more to it?
I find it hard that a bloke would stand up in front of his teammates as captain and ridicule O'Meara for leaving, then do the same himself.

Is it just the Melbourne media being mischievous or something more to it?
I find it hard that a bloke would stand up in front of his teammates as captain and ridicule O'Meara for leaving, then do the same himself.

That’s what I’m thinking.. it’s not hard for one person to suggest may is getable and then 10 vfl media outlets publish the same story worded differently then continually suggest he’s not happy and wants to leave

It’s like Tom lynch he’s 100% leaving one minute now there’s media saying he might sign a 2 year deal

So far I have
Walsh - Outside/Inside mid
Caldwell - Inside/Outside mid
Jones - Inside mid/utility
McHenry - Small forward/Wingman

A few players still available before pick 37 and it’s a tough choice between a few players

Toby Bedford - Small forward
Riley Bowman - Ruck/key forward
Zane Barzen - Tall Half forward
Jez McLennan - shut down defender
Tom Lewis - Inside mid
James Rowbottom- Inside mid

In this mock draft who did Carlton take with their pick 1??

Stay or go
Next contract estimation
Harbrow - 400-700k (3 years )
Miller- 400-600k ( 3 years )
2MP - 400-600k ( 3 years )
Swallow - 500-700k (4-5 years )
Lyons - 500-700k ( 4-5years)
Thompson -500-700k ( 4-5 years )
Jack Martin 450- 650k ( 2-3 years )
If Martin sign long term 750k - 850k
Callum Ah Chee 400- 550k (2-3 years)
May - 850-950k ( 4-5 years )

Estimation is based on what GC offer to Weller .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stay or go
Next contract estimation
Harbrow - 400-700k (3 years )
Miller- 400-600k ( 3 years )
2MP - 400-600k ( 3 years )
Swallow - 500-700k (4-5 years )
Lyons - 500-700k ( 4-5years)
Thompson -500-700k ( 4-5 years )
Jack Martin 450- 650k ( 2-3 years )
If Martin sign long term 750k - 850k
Callum Ah Chee 400- 550k (2-3 years)
May - 850-950k ( 4-5 years )

Estimation is based on what GC offer to Weller .
You dont know what Gold Coast offered Weller.

You dont know what Gold Coast offered Weller.
Rough guess 450-650k a year not the 800k reported by media . fake news 800k Max to 650k (150k)are pretty reasonable.
Minimum -200k to 450 K .

If you want your players to stayed you also need to offer reasonable amount to them and not 200-350k a year for contract extension .

Last edited:
Rough guess 450-650k a year not the 800k reported by media . fake news 800k Max to 650k (150k)are pretty reasonable.
Minimum -200k to 450 K .

If you want your players to stayed you also need to offer reasonable amount to them and not 200-350k a year for contract extension .
No way Weller is on 450k

No way Weller is on 450k
Minimum to maximum range nothing is accurate in guessing .I am just posted not to get carried away that Lynch gone , the salary cap is open up , if May decided to go then GC need to get a ready made KPD . Don't think Leslie and Spencer are up to it and Ballard body still need a few year to Mature to Doedee level.

It's funny how the top of the draft could turn into a Blues, Crows, Suns love triangle

Blues know Lukosius is the best player but Walsh would be a perfect fit for what they need - may be happy to trade back if they knew they could get Walsh + something good

Crows want Lukosius and would give Blues a great deal but can't promise them Walsh

Suns can sit back at #2 and take whoever drops to them - Crows may have to deal with Suns to get pick 2 and then deal with the Blues as they may want that #2 pick in any deal to guarantee themselves Walsh

Hope the Suns don't do any deals with keep the top couple of picks as they are going to be building blocks of our future if they don't stuff this up like last year.

It's funny how the top of the draft could turn into a Blues, Crows, Suns love triangle

Blues know Lukosius is the best player but Walsh would be a perfect fit for what they need - may be happy to trade back if they knew they could get Walsh + something good

Crows want Lukosius and would give Blues a great deal but can't promise them Walsh

Suns can sit back at #2 and take whoever drops to them - Crows may have to deal with Suns to get pick 2 and then deal with the Blues as they may want that #2 pick in any deal to guarantee themselves Walsh

Hope the Suns don't do any deals with keep the top couple of picks as they are going to be building blocks of our future if they don't stuff this up like last year.
Normal if GC don't do deal with them , then they assume Suns will draft King Twins because of go home factor just because they want Walsh , Lukosius, Rankine , Bailey Smith .

Normal if GC don't do deal with them , then they assume Suns will draft King Twins because of go home factor just because they want Walsh , Lukosius, Rankine , Bailey Smith .

Hopefully the Blues outsmart themselves and get a Lions #4 via Crows and assume we take the King twins and hope Walsh drops.

I've read that SOS has a family relationship with the King twins so maybe their back-up plan is he wants to grab 1 of them now, hope an interstate team takes the other and then in a few years try to reunite back in Victoria at the Blues.

Of course blues could have pick 1 and 2 if they get granted a priority pick.

There hasn't been a priority pick granted for after 1st rd pick in the last decade. The Blues are the last team that should be getting gifted draft picks - had 13 top 15 draft picks play last night and it hasn't helped.

At least our excuse was that we started from scratch with a s**t set-up from the AFL - what's the Blues excuse?

Hopefully the Blues outsmart themselves and get a Lions #4 via Crows and assume we take the King twins and hope Walsh drops.

I've read that SOS has a family relationship with the King twins so maybe their back-up plan is he wants to grab 1 of them now, hope an interstate team takes the other and then in a few years try to reunite back in Victoria at the Blues.
No way we take King twins. They are at least 3 years away from AFL standard, absolute sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back