Preview Rnd 17 - Carlton v St Kilda Friday July 13 Darklands 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm in two minds about mckay

want him to play

dont like bowing to media pressure
* the media, we play the kid because it's the best thing for the Carlton Football Club going forward.
He will learn 3 fifths of * all running around in our reserves side atm.
He will be monitored closely and have a lot more cameras on him to show deficiencies he needs to work on in the 1s than what he will get in the magoos.
If it's true he has done a mini preseason to get a solid fitness base up, then that's good enough for me to play the kid for the rest of the season, injury permitting of coarse.
Set some basic team requirements for him to adhere to, that's a given of coarse.
But most importantly, tell him to attack the ball in marking contests, don't care if he clunks any, the most important part is, "getting" to said contests to start with.
If he blows up, rest him for 5, then rinse and repeat.
Let's see what the kid is made of I say.

Pls don't forget our 3rd best midfielder, Dow.

My revised changes:

In: McKay, Dow, Garlett, Simpson
Out: Phillips, Weitering, Wright, Graham

Rowe probably survives because of Weitering's injury.
That's probably what I'd go with too.

Only other considerations for me would be that maybe they want some protection for Harry and name Levi too (Carlisle confirmed to be playing this week, probably in place of Austin) or if the club decides to roll the dice with Byrne. Silvagni probably out if Levi gets in, either Silvagni or Polson out for Byrne if he gets a run, both out if LC & CB get in. That being said I don't think they'll pick CB this week and I'm not sure they'll pick LC if they've already confirmed HM...

Go Blues.

That's probably what I'd go with too.

Only other considerations for me would be that maybe they want some protection for Harry and name Levi too (Carlisle confirmed to be playing this week, probably in place of Austin) or if the club decides to roll the dice with Byrne. Silvagni probably out if Levi gets in, either Silvagni or Polson out for Byrne if he gets a run, both out if LC & CB get in. That being said I don't think they'll pick CB this week and I'm not sure they'll pick LC if they've already confirmed HM...

Go Blues.

I like these changes too, reckon we can push them pretty hard with that team

Really hoping that Carlisle isn't back so we might actually be able to stretch them defensively. I'd be very happy if it ends up with Goddard on Mckay but that could be an absolute raffle as to who wins. Kreuzer is much better than Hickey and Longer, think we can get a clear advantage here and hopefully it allows for Cripps to get clear first possession a few times. Biggest concern is Gresham, kid is a star and I just don't know who can shut him down around the goals.

Really hoping that Carlisle isn't back so we might actually be able to stretch them defensively. I'd be very happy if it ends up with Goddard on Mckay but that could be an absolute raffle as to who wins. Kreuzer is much better than Hickey and Longer, think we can get a clear advantage here and hopefully it allows for Cripps to get clear first possession a few times. Biggest concern is Gresham, kid is a star and I just don't know who can shut him down around the goals.

Pretty sure they confirmed Carlisle would play

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hoping he is IN so Charlie can test his ribs.

IN
  • Kade Simpson,
  • Jarrod Garlett,
  • Paddy Dow,
  • Harry McKay,
  • Matt Shaw
OUT
  • Jacob Weitering (Injured),
  • Matthew Wright (Managed),
  • Nick Graham (Omitted),
  • Andrew Phillips (Injured),
  • Darcy Lang (Injured)
NEW
  • Matt Shaw

Carlton's Round 17 line-up:
Backs 39. Dale Thomas 17. Sam Rowe 13. Jed Lamb
Half-backs 6. Kade Simpson 14. Liam Jones 22. Caleb Marchbank
Centreline 25. Zac Fisher 9. Patrick Cripps 3. Marc Murphy (C)
Half-forwards 33. Jarrod Pickett 30. Charlie Curnow 21. Jarrod Garlett
Forwards 2. Paddy Dow 10. Harry McKay 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton
Followers 8. Matthew Kreuzer 7. Matthew Kennedy 35. Ed Curnow
Interchange 4. Lochie O'Brien 29. Cameron Polson 1. Jack Silvagni
37. Matt Shaw
Emergencies 24. Cameron O'Shea 32. Nick Graham 36. Pat Kerr
41. Levi Casboult
In: Shaw, Garlett, McKay, Dow, Simpson

Out: Wright (soreness), Lang (ankle), Phillips (hamstring), Weitering (calf), Graham (omitted)

Club debut: Shaw (Gold Coast Suns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back