I was pushed out of Collingwood: Shaw

Remove this Banner Ad

ShriekingShack

Senior List
Jun 9, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Former Collingwood player and premiership star Heath Shaw has opened up on how he was forced out of Collingwood. He says that certain people made sure that he was pushed out. He also opened up on his dislike of Nathan Buckley, saying that he wouldn't even answer the phone if Bucks called him. He added that there were other individuals at Collingwood that he also wanted nothing to do with.

What do you think? Was Shaw forced from Collingwood? Was he the problem, or was Buckley?

Full article here:https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...y/news-story/bc3972b6e253280345f94048277cee94

loved shawry when he played for us but he thought his s**t didn't stink towards the end and behaved like a child, and wouldn't curb his behaviour

bucks was probably too strong at the time getting rid of any trouble makers in his view but at the same time shawry deserved his wack.

cant have ongoing bitter relationships.

best result for both parties

“It’s gotten more and more as I’ve got older, that sort of deep thinker, a bit more emotional, a bit more caring,” he said.

“I think if you’re close to me then you understand that"

“When I played at Collingwood, you either hate Collingwood or you love Collingwood. I think I’m sort of the same — you either hate me or you love me"

Sounds like a knob

“It’s gotten more and more as I’ve got older, that sort of deep thinker, a bit more emotional, a bit more caring,” he said.

“I think if you’re close to me then you understand that"

“When I played at Collingwood, you either hate Collingwood or you love Collingwood. I think I’m sort of the same — you either hate me or you love me"

Sounds like a knob
Sounds a bit like matty scarlett, minus the caring bit

He doesn't see anything wrong with umpires being touched to demonstrate a response. Fortunately he is not one to get riled up in the heat of the moment and go over the top or anything.

Might have been better to come out with the Collingwood stuff when they didn't seem to be a cohesive unit.

To be fair I don't mind his passion but what's to gain with this.

TBH, Shaw made his own bed with his behaviour and attitude. His performance was suffering because of it, which will obviously lessen the coach and club's tolerance. He wasn't wronged in any way, and both clubs got something positive out of his trade.

There's no good guys or bad guys in the situation, but it doesn't put Shaw in the right or on the moral high ground to be acting like he was hard done by, and claiming that he wouldn't give certain individuals the time of day, nearly five years on.

As others have said, not really sure what there is to gain from going public with this now. He's entitled to feel how he feels, but surely we've all moved on by now?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaws coaching record was poor. 4 seasons with a best 10th place finish and 11th,13th and a spoon

From an outsider perspective i thought Pies managed his departure as a favourite son well enough - called time on his career with 6 or so games to go on season and Shaw did right thing by club by seeing it out with respect.

If you cant accept the new regime and the new methods, best to * off.

Terrif player though Heath Shaw and hard to replace.

Shaws coaching record was poor. 4 seasons with a best 10th place finish and 11th,13th and a spoon

From an outsider perspective i thought Pies managed his departure as a favourite son well enough - called time on his career with 6 or so games to go on season and Shaw did right thing by club by seeing it out with respect.

He doesn't see anything wrong with umpires being touched to demonstrate a response. Fortunately he is not one to get riled up in the heat of the moment and go over the top or anything.

Might have been better to come out with the Collingwood stuff when they didn't seem to be a cohesive unit.

To be fair I don't mind his passion but what's to gain with this.
It's not new, he's said it many times.

Former Collingwood player and premiership star Heath Shaw has opened up on how he was forced out of Collingwood. He says that certain people made sure that he was pushed out. He also opened up on his dislike of Nathan Buckley, saying that he wouldn't even answer the phone if Bucks called him. He added that there were other individuals at Collingwood that he also wanted nothing to do with.

What do you think? Was Shaw forced from Collingwood? Was he the problem, or was Buckley?

Full article here:https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...y/news-story/bc3972b6e253280345f94048277cee94
I think it was Hird.

His goose was cooked when his response to the club setting certain criteria for his behaviour, was to go on one of the footy shows and say..'nah i won't be changing anytime soon'.

His goose was cooked when his response to the club setting certain criteria for his behaviour, was to go on one of the footy shows and say..'nah i won't be changing anytime soon'.
I recall Tony Shaw having a stint on 3AW I think it was sports show a few years back and he was somewhat ridiculously commenting on the 2010 World Cup with all the insights Tony can offer. He did acknowledge though he wasnt right across the world game and admitted to never seeing a goal scored while watching a game of soccer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back