Preview Rnd 17 - Carlton v St Kilda Friday July 13 Darklands 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm rapt too but what has changed from last week when he didn't play? He certainly didn't have a game to show his form. He should've been playing a long time ago but it takes media pressure to get him a game. Pathetic.

You should have seen his second efforts and intensity at packs in training, not to mention his elite leading patterns on the track.

Easy selection...

(I don't watch training btw)

I’m happy with that.

Charlie, Harry, Pickett, Garlett, SPS & Dow as starting forwards. Mobile, good mix of pace and size.

Like the starting mid group: Kreuzer, Kennedy, Curnow, Cripps, Fisher & Murph.

Backline feels balanced with Rowe, Jones, Marchbank as ‘talls’ and Simmo, Daisy and Jed as the smalls.

Bench of Shaw, Polson, Silvagni, O’Brien has a fair bit of run and Silvagni gives some versatility in that it seems like they play him in a different part of the ground each week.

Good luck to Shaw on his debut.

Go Blues.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s 7 to 4. And I’m sure they’d play Battle and McCartin if they weren’t injured.

True, and you can essentially consider Membrey a tall. Plays that way, not very mobile.

Marchbank and Jones are more mobile than most of their talls.

Bets to be taken as to what stage in the game people are calling for Shaw to be dropped

Why wait for the bounce?;)

Argghhh, i'm actually quite sanguine looking at the side this week. Look, we have to play some "placeholders" considering injury and list quality....but we are weeding them out bit by bit.

Let's have a look at Shaw.

Only watched one full game of his and that was against Essendon in the VFL and he was underwhelming, turning it over several times. I hope it was an aberration. Either way he is about to achieve what I fantasized since I was 5.
The only full VFL game I watched was the close loss to North (streamed).

Thought he was one of our best, hit his targets in tough conditions.

Played some s**t ones too it seems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although you can count Rowe as 2 talls in one, such is his mobility.

Rowey should be allowed to carry a white flag in his sock and whenever the ball hits the ground in his area he is allowed to immediately wave it and give the oppo a set shot 30 metres out directly in front.

Rowey should be allowed to carry a white flag in his sock and whenever the ball hits the ground in his area he is allowed to immediately wave it and give the oppo a set shot 30 metres out directly in front.

The media played and replayed his mis-kick in the back 50 against Brisbane. It was awful but its not like he was Robinson Crusoe out there. (The Liam Jones kick out from a point got a fair bit of airplay as well. Again the loss was more than just these two errors).

Team selections look good, Paddy Wow should be raring to go, hope someone tests out Carlisle’s ribs, Harry to kick a bag...

Two games I really want to win this year
Essendon :whitecheck:
St Kilda - pending

Blues by 9

He was lethal in that role in the first quarter, would be nice if he can manage that lethality for 2-3 quarters.
For sure.

Any concerns about the elevated heartbeat? What are the complexities beyond him just being a bit underdone?

~80% probability with a 30m set shot vs ~99% probability walking it into an open goal.

Checks out, I'd take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back