Opinion Heath Shaw return

Remove this Banner Ad

You seriously need to learn to accurately quote when you stoop to trying to tarnish a player based on your own interpretation of something you know nothing about..
He clearly said "I don't hate Collingwood" at the beginning of the sentence which you are inaccurately paraphrasing.
The total bullshit which gets posted on these boards as "truth" or "fact" sometimes based on nothing more than a personal feeling astounds me.
How hard is it to listen and comprehend?

The actual interview.....
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/video/2018-07-12/heath-shaw-on-on-the-mark
I thought he said he loved beating Collingwood - not too far from disliking them.

Is there a link to this interview? If he hasn't had a good think about the reasons for his departure and his contribution to it he's a turkey.

The raft of big swinging dicks who left the pies because they didn't want to be told by Bucks what to do had runaway egos. Thomas pointing at the coaches box stands out as an ultimate flog act. Glad to see them all put out in their clapped out clubs.
Heater is pretty honest about why and how he left.
He did not want to go.
Hard to put him in the swinging dick basket without stretching the truth.
The full interview link is a post or two above.

No, do you? Don't you make posts when you don't know the players personally?

Can only make a judgement by what he said and how he said it.

That Fine but Bucks early in his Career drove lot of the 2010 Premiership Side away

So you are Happy he Dismatled such a Dominant Team?
Really no point in discussing with you as you will never concede that Buckley has done anything right.

I just don't agree that they were a dominant team for the future. Think it has been proved as none of the players that were let go in 2010 and 2011 found another club by memory, unless you can name them.

I loved Heater, in fact he was my fav player for a while. But I've played with blokes like him. When ur winning they're ok but as soon as the team starts losing the finger pointing is endless and they rarely start with themselves. If they were ordinary players they wouldn't last 2 mins in a team environment but when they are a gun like Heater they are tolerated. The longer they are tolerated the more justified they feel to point that finger.
What's most obvious is their lack of self awareness about how divisive they are. It's usually justified with 'I wanna win more than you'. 'I care more than you'.
Still love Heater but blokes like him can be draining in a team.

I thought he said he loved beating Collingwood - not too far from disliking them.
If that was what he said and that was what was quoted then I would have no issue.
Blatantly falsifying what a player said then using it to perpetuate a totally false idea that Heath somehow shat on the club when in fact the exact opposite is absolutely true is just annoying.

There are a small number of posters on our boards who constantly fabricate absolute BS based on nothing but their own personal dislikes and hatred of individuals.

It annoys me and they should be called out in every instance.

The post I pointed out is a perfect example, totally at odds with the actual words spoken by the player, not that I am specifically blaming the poster responsible for the fabricated issues we have been entertained with the past 8 or 9 years.

Love Heater, always will, but he should just shut the F/U...the Shaw name is legendary at Collingwood and he himself has helped create that. Surely one day he'll return to the club that gave him the opportunity to play for the club he grew up loving, tasting the ultimate success!
He and he only is to blame for having to play out his career elsewhere....Shame.
To be fair the girl interviewing was pushing him and was the one who asked if Bucks was one of those who he wasn't on good terms with. He added the phone analogy to it, but also said Bucks probably doesn't like him much either.

I hope the irony of people with no knowledge of the situation potting a guy for sharing his forthright (and knowledgeable) opinion is not lost on some here...

Onya Heater never change :thumbsu:
Not that I think I was potting him myself, just talking about what was said, but are you suggesting you have never potted someone for having an opinion? Also, his opinion may be knowledgeable but also clearly very biased towards his side of the story.

Blatantly falsifying what a player said then using it to perpetuate a totally false idea that Heath somehow shat on the club when in fact the exact opposite is absolutely true is just annoying.

Can you please point out where I did his? I misheard him yes (see interview below), but didn't not use this to justify any form of opinion that he's somehow shat on the club, not anywhere did I say anything like that, just that he won't be back in a hurry and that he's a bit of a donkey (i.e. a goose) but speaks honestly.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

" I love beating Collingwood" those were Heath Shaw,s exact words he also said he also said he will never come back to Collingwood while Buckley and others were still here,these were also his exact words.
No prevarication there in his words and it does not sounds like he likes us very much in fact he probably should have said "I hate the bastards no way on earth would I go back there" that would have been closer to the truth judging by the tone of that interview.

" I love beating Collingwood" those were Heath Shaw,s exact words he also said he also said he will never come back to Collingwood while Buckley and others were still here,these were also his exact words.
No prevarication there in his words and it does not sounds like he likes us very much in fact he probably should have said "I hate the bastards no way on earth would I go back there" that would have been closer to the truth judging by the tone of that interview.
If he said that then he’s a fool. There is no greater honour than playing for Collingwood. The club owes him nothing.

Really no point in discussing with you as you will never concede that Buckley has done anything right.

I just don't agree that they were a dominant team for the future. Think it has been proved as none of the players that were let go in 2010 and 2011 found another club by memory, unless you can name them.
TD made his feelings about Buckley clear last year. He won’t change his mind unless we win the flag. Even then I’m not too sure.

I watched the interview I wonder who the others were who he was talking about,detests Buckley that much I can tell but he did allude to others,presumably he means anyone who did,nt see it like he did what I took from that interview is he won,t be back here anytime soon.

You seriously need to learn to accurately quote when you stoop to trying to tarnish a player based on your own interpretation of something you know nothing about..
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/video/2018-07-12/heath-shaw-on-on-the-mark
Again, when did I try to "tarnish" this player? Seriously, do you actually read the full posts or just see enough to start raging? Also, see my other posts where I have said this and posted the interview myself. FFS get a life.

I watched the interview I wonder who the others were who he was talking about,detests Buckley that much I can tell but he did allude to others,presumably he means anyone who did,nt see it like he did what I took from that interview is he won,t be back here anytime soon.
Exactly why I posted it, which happens to be the point of the whole thread, funny that. At least someone understands the meaning of context around here.

He had to go it was either him or Buckley simple as that,Some may not like Buckley but for the most part the players play for him even when we were losing there was always effort,I really only recall that Richmond match where we run up the flag.
'So although we have not been good enough in recent years we have still tried.
I do not think Swan liked Buckley but he did try his best and so did Beams for 1 season and then he had had enough and got off the bus his words not mine.
Swan put the team first, I was pissed at Beams when it happened but with what's been going on with him recently I can totally see his side of it (I'd say it was more because of his dad than Bucks, there's bigger things in life than footy), and we got De Goey, Crisp and Greenwood out of that so I'm pretty confident we won that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back