Preview Round 17, 2018: St.Kilda v Carlton - Etihad Stadium, Friday 13th July, 7:50PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the changes...

Carlisle in is massive. Lonie will give us a lot more then Wright did, his forward pressure is great, shame he can’t land all his tackles. I don’t mind Hickey returning either; puts both players on watch as they will he have to perform or will be instantly out. Phillips for outside run meanwhile Marshall gives us a tall option both forward and back.
Interesting Emergencies.All Defenders
Does that suggest anything

Lonie for Wright....Wright for Lonie....Lonie for Wright...Wright for Lonie

Don’t mind me I’m just stating the changes over the past 18 months that will continue until the end of the season!

Both ain’t footballers arseholes FFS

MELT!!!!
Carn bro, if Paddy, Bruce, Battle or Long weren't injured neither would get a game.
We have run out of soldiers

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I admire Lonie as I think he has a real dip, but at his size you need to either have elite pace or kicking ability and he has neither.

We can't make finals so why not give a Paton, Connellan or Freeman a go. Paton is quick can kick and can lay a tackle.

How many more times will we bring Lonie back in as a small forward when he plays on ball at Sandy.

The way we got around Jason Cripps in 2001 when he came back after a couple of years out. You could sense a special night when he kicked the first goal.

We ended up losing by 100+ points and the coach got sacked.
Sounds ******* good to me. Bye Richo ;)

Paton plays back and through the midfield. Why would he come in to replace any of the three forwards you have just mentioned.
We played DMac forward at times in the past in a similar way though, even though he usually played defence or midfield in the VFL.

I think we could have afforded to have played Paton there ahead of going to the Lonie well again.

Doubt it would make the difference between winning and losing and it would be good to give Paton a taste. Been in the squad 8 times this year now for no games.

nanganator…...all of our games are "danger games"

LOL.

I'm pretty relaxed about the whole thing....if we only had a few out injured and lost or got flogged.......then I'd be very very concerned.
Before you look at our injury list as a good excuse for a potential loss, check out Carlton’s injury list.....

If we lose..... FMD..... #sackRicho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We played DMac forward at times in the past in a similar way though, even though he usually played defence or midfield in the VFL.

I think we could have afforded to have played Paton there ahead of going to the Lonie well again.

Doubt it would make the difference between winning and losing and it would be good to give Paton a taste. Been in the squad 8 times this year now for no games.
I can only remember D Mac playing forward for a whole game once - which was against Port last year. I just dont think you bring in a first gamer and play him in a completely new position when we have perfectly viable options who are actually forwards.

By bringing in Lonie, we should be able to play Gresh through the midfield a bit more which will be good considering the mail is Lamb will be targeting Gresham. If we played a Paton/Freeman type, we wouldn't have the same flexibility with Gresham because we would have zero other options for small forwards unless the moved Sinclair there which everyone agrees should not happen because he is a winger.

Danger game? We can drop from 15th to 16th if we lose.
And if we win we won’t move.

A danger of being beaten by a club that is even more of a rabble than us and who the Lions just thumped.
I would be physically ill losing to them.

The (pretty weak) melts in here just prove some of you bastards couldn’t be happy in your very own happy place.

Bloody hell.

I can only remember D Mac playing forward for a whole game once - which was against Port last year. I just dont think you bring in a first gamer and play him in a completely new position when we have perfectly viable options who are actually forwards.

By bringing in Lonie, we should be able to play Gresh through the midfield a bit more which will be good considering the mail is Lamb will be targeting Gresham. If we played a Paton/Freeman type, we wouldn't have the same flexibility with Gresham because we would have zero other options for small forwards unless the moved Sinclair there which everyone agrees should not happen because he is a winger.
D-Mac played a game or two in the forward pressure role a year or two ago at Etihad as well, and while granted it's a big ask for someone in their first game, if all you're really asking them to do is chase, tackle and pressure, and get the ball if it comes to you, I reckon he could do it.

He's a lot quicker than Lonie and is bigger and a better kick, and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that he could have a similarly low output as Lonie usually has.

Can certainly see why we didn't do it, but if we don't get a bit creative and adventurous in the state we're currently in, against a team who's won 2 of their last 25 games, we never will.

Nathan Wright "Injured"?
Would have thought Paton has surely done enough but ignored yet again after 10 tackles. Gotta have Lonie and Weller in there as passengers instead.

Didn’t know tackles alone get you a game these days. And didn’t know Paton can play the small forward role?

But hey, let’s just ‘get him in there’..

Minchington maybe could play that role, but he’s not fit enough yet.

Yeah with so many injuries, sadly there are not many options! Changes seem pretty obvious
though not sure what Rice has done to not be getting picked in this side.
Hopefully we will be seeing Acres, Long and Battle back soon, for mine those 3 excite me the most along with Gresh of course
as to where we can improve very quickly.
As for Hugh, no doubt he's been cursed by injuries and poor conditioning but overall has been a massive disappointment and for a
boy his size, his intensity and physicality has been very ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back