Prediction Changes Melb v WB 16:35 Sat 14 July

Remove this Banner Ad

No point playing Roughy against Gawn, either play Trengove in the ruck or legit just let Gawn ruck on his own all day & play someone smaller & faster to get around the ground.

I can understand we are struggling for numbers & whilst I don’t agree with tanking as I don’t think we are intending to lose, look to the future & play youth!

No point playing Roughy against Gawn, either play Trengove in the ruck or legit just let Gawn ruck on his own all day & play someone smaller & faster to get around the ground.

I can understand we are struggling for numbers & whilst I don’t agree with tanking as I don’t think we are intending to lose, look to the future & play youth!
That team wouldn't beat many VFL sides .. it is a pretty obvious tank

So we managed to get another two random injuries during the week it seems? Cant see Boyd or Crazier being dropped on form.
Yep, it keeps getting crazier each week...

Club website says Boyd (back) and Crozier (hamstring tightness). Two surprise injuries a week is just about par. :rolleyes:

I'm tipping we'll use all four emergencies this week:
Young to replace Morris (bionic arms need servicing)
Roberts to replace Adams (so top heavy he fell over and couldn't get back up)
Greene to replace McLean (severe neck bruising)
Campbell to replace Daniel (helmet rash)​

Not ideal to have those three players injured. Biggs will swap down back you'd think in his spot, Honeychurch to have another go at it and Roughie to show us what he is made of. I don't see this as a tank really, more a matter of the cupboard being bare (outside of the listed side and emergencies, the only fit players we have are Collins, Porter, Mullenger-McHugh, English and Webb we literally only have 9 spare players at the moment).

As for Greene, whilst I agree it would be nice to see him get a game, he did only have 2 handballs in two and a bit quarters of football last week. He also has another year to show us what he has so there isn't a real need to rush him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure we lose that much with those changes. Having said that tough to to see us getting within 5 goals.

Strange calls. Given Honeychurch practically does nothing should we have just gone with Campbell instead and played the extra tall? Or does Trengove go into the ruck with this set-up? Either way it looks scary with Roughy v Gawn.

I get a massage down at the local ethnicity-not-mentioned massage parlour every week and it's got nothing to do with hamstring tightness
Brendan Goddard had similar post season ‘treatment’ in Thailand several seasons ago as many know. Let’s just say it was dark, mistakes were made......and he never came back the same player.

All the semantics boys - we are going to get flogged. Why did not we try something different: Debut Caesar in the back pocket?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back