Preview Gold Coast vs Essendon, Carrara, Saturday 14/07/18 @ 7:25 PM

Who will have more handballs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Myers & Fantasia under such injury clouds (and an interstate game), the meltdown around Francis not playing in this one might be extremely premature.
Ant’s post in Francis’ thread makes it especially premature...

As for Francis . There are more things going on than just picking him on form. He has to himself be ready for the next step and up to now that has not been the case. Part of keeping things in order for himself has been simply playing good footy in the VFL until he feels he can handle the next step.
If he can't handle the next step he should not be named as an emergency.

Can't fathom why Long wouldn’t get a go against Gold Coast. After getting through a huge game ok it would be ideal to help build his confidence against a lesser side - or at least find out if he isnt up to it. Based on last week as a minimum the jury is still out on that.

Instead we get to see if Trav can find his way back to his b-grade best of 5 years ago...

Not overly impressed with Long going out of the side. I know Fantasia is the player to come back in for him but I am nor sold on the Worsfold pecking order. Colyer should have been out before Long.

As for Francis . There are more things going on than just picking him on form. He has to himself be ready for the next step and up to now that has not been the case. Part of keeping things in order for himself has been simply playing good footy in the VFL until he feels he can handle the next step.
this gives me solace we won't lose him.

Ridley for Ambrose would have been nice. kid has poise and class.

Take it however you want.
I don't take it anyway. I don't know enough to form an opinion, I am only commenting on your implication that he feels currently not ready to take the next step, as such it seems pretty poor treatment to subject someone to the anxiety of possible responsibility by naming as an emergency, especially someone dealing with depressive issues.

I suppose it counts as selection integrity if you're inventing the criteria. The error is in thinking that there would be a meaningful and identifiable objective set of standards.

I really don't enjoy Thursday nights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't take it anyway. I don't know enough to form an opinion, I am only commenting on your implication that he feels currently not ready to take the next step, as such it seems pretty poor treatment to subject someone to the anxiety of possible responsibility by naming as an emergency, especially someone dealing with depressive issues.

Not my implication just the info I have and secondly do you really think those involved are stringing him along ?
The club have been happy for him to just play some footy. Those involved talk with the kid several times a week. He knows what is going on as do they. He does not look at the net at 6.25pm on Thursday and oh s**t i am named as an emergency.
If he gets in the side it ill be a decision made by both sides .

I suppose it counts as selection integrity if you're inventing the criteria. The error is in thinking that there would be a meaningful and identifiable objective set of standards.

I really don't enjoy Thursday nights.

I do not always agree with your selection thoughts but the pecking order system they seem to have raises some questions.

He does not look at the net at 6.25pm on Thursday and so oh s**t i am named as an emergency.
I am not suggesting that is the case, but does he suffer from anxiety at possible injuries that will require him to play up until he is ruled out?

Why did Long get dropped? Played alright against Collingwood

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I am not suggesting that is the case, but does he suffer from anxiety at possible injuries that will require him to play up until he is ruled out?

They will not play him if he says he is not ready to go. I do not know what the EMG thing is all about other to possibly send a message that he is close to playing. We will know when he is ready as they will most likely announce it before Thursday night.

Why did Long get dropped? Played alright against Collingwood

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Probably just cos Fantasia is available.

The closest I can get to articulating what I think it would be like having a discussion with Worsfold about selection would be when George gets caught cheating the IQ test and the exchange is something like:

Woman: but I didn't see you come out of the door.

George: the door? Why would I use the door when I've got a perfectly good window?

It's that or I'd have to transport myself to the barracks in Catch 22.

Can't fathom why Long wouldn’t get a go against Gold Coast. After getting through a huge game ok it would be ideal to help build his confidence against a lesser side - or at least find out if he isnt up to it. Based on last week as a minimum the jury is still out on that.

Instead we get to see if Trav can find his way back to his b-grade best of 5 years ago...

After being dropped so quickly, I can’t imagine Long being on our list next year.

I’m really happy with the ins. Fantasia was almost ready for the game last week, the club was being conservative to not play him. Him being an inclusion the following week makes sense.

Concerned about Myers though. If he is under an injury cloud, it’s a risk to play him this week. If he injures himself mid game, I’d hate for the other mids to pick up the slack again. Merrett in particular was showing signs of “wear and tear” during the week.

Parish had a good return to VFL, logical inclusion.

Guessing Zaka may be right for the Sydney game?!

With Myers & Fantasia under such injury clouds (and an interstate game), the meltdown around Francis not playing in this one might be extremely premature.

Francis is not a replacement for either of those two.

The closest I can get to articulating what I think it would be like having a discussion with Worsfold about selection would be when George gets caught cheating the IQ test and the exchange is something like:

Woman: but I didn't see you come out of the door.

George: the door? Why would I use the door when I've got a perfectly good window?

It's that or I'd have to transport myself to the barracks in Catch 22.

I will clue you into something that will not help how you feel about selection.
I know at the start of last season all the players where told there was an order for each spot and even if you are playing well in the VFL you may not get into the side unless those above you in the order for that spot are out.
It would seem the pecking order is still in vogue . Long has passed Green but is still behind Fantaisia and Colyer .........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back