List Mgmt. Will the Hawks end up landing a big fish? Trade and FA news discussion of Hawthorn targets

Who should Hawks make a play for?

• Lynch

• McGovern

• Cogs

• We don't need any of these players

• Gaff

• Another player not mentioned above (specify in comments)

• B.Hill

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to know who as the only remaining A grade free agents are Lynch, Gov and

Player in contract at another club
This isn’t the hypothetical trade thread.

Please don’t bring “how about we look at player xyz! He’d come cheaper!” to the table.....

Especially if that player is Levi ******* Casboult!

Hahaha this is quality. Well said. Levi Casboult smh.....

Gee if there is any way in the world we can unite the McGovern boys we'd have to seriously look at it, we sure have the cash.

Why can't we do something like.....

J.McGovern - FA signing $950k
M. McGovern - Trade in $800k (who and what do we have? they would ask for Burton)

National draft - Big inside mid e.g.. Collier-Dawkins would be bloody ideal, tipped to go around the 8-15 marks so fits in where we will be and the kid is 194cm and almost 90kgs, an absolute beast.

Ouch, must be a different Mitch McGovern to the one I've seen 40 odd games of.

Sloane was a weird one, he is a champion competitive mid but at the same time he is 29 at the start of next year, we need to aim younger than that, everyone knows that 90% of players lose their impact in their early 30's and then theres the 10% like Burgoyne ect who can go on for a few more years, so getting Sloane and getting 2 quality years and 2-3 unknown quality years is probably not the best target for us...

him signing for Adelaide wasnt the worst thing in the world when you look at it like that...
Yeah. I’d be far more disappointed if Lynch didn’t come but even Lynch isn’t young

I was stoked that we got Mtichell and O’Meara at their age

Here's a list of the out of contract fish that fit the thread

Big Fish

Tom Lynch (RFA)
Andrew Gaff (RFA)
Jeremy McGovern (RFA)

Big-ish Fish

Paul Seedsman
Aaron Hall
Jarryd Lyons
Angus Brayshaw
Jared Polec
Jake Lloyd
Luke Dalhaus (RFA)

Medium Fish

Jamie Elliott
Daniel Menzel (RFA)
Kade Kolodjashnij
Bachar Houli (RFA)
Reece Conca (RFA)
Sam Lloyd
Jack Steele
Scott Lycett (RFA)
Matthew Suckling
Jordan Roughead (RFA)
Mitch Wallis (RFA)
Tom Liberatore (RFA)

If a team like Port can get Lycett out of WC they are doing well.

I like Wallis, Dalhaus, Hall.... the first two have been playing good football recently, unfortunately.

Here's a list of the out of contract fish that fit the thread

Big Fish

Tom Lynch (RFA)
Andrew Gaff (RFA)
Jeremy McGovern (RFA)

Big-ish Fish

Paul Seedsman
Aaron Hall
Jarryd Lyons
Angus Brayshaw
Jared Polec
Jake Lloyd
Luke Dalhaus (RFA)

Medium Fish

Jamie Elliott
Daniel Menzel (RFA)
Kade Kolodjashnij
Bachar Houli (RFA)
Reece Conca (RFA)
Sam Lloyd
Jack Steele
Scott Lycett (RFA)
Matthew Suckling
Jordan Roughead (RFA)
Mitch Wallis (RFA)
Tom Liberatore (RFA)

Brayshaw RFA? He is a legit star, give him a full run at it and he is a deadset elite midfielder, can go inside and out and has a massive tank. Surely would re-sign at the Dees but gee I'd love him at the Hawks.

Ouch, must be a different Mitch McGovern to the one I've seen 40 odd games of.
You’ve seen 40 odd games of Mitch McGovern ?

I’m pretty sure you didn’t even realise that was all he’d played until I pointed it out to you a couple of weeks ago.

You were posting as if he’d played 100 odd games

You’ve seen 40 odd games of Mitch McGovern ?

I’m pretty sure you didn’t even realise that was all he’d played until I pointed it out to you a couple of weeks ago.

You were posting as if he’d played 100 odd games

I'm astute follower of football and I was well aware. Mitch is nice complimentary player and has a bit more room to grow, but to get him and make him our highest paid player would be laughable. I'd be legit ropeable if I was Bruest, Gunners and Smith etc

some medium to small fish we could be looking at if we decide to change the list in a regenerative way.

Shaun Atley - restricted free agent (around 26)
George Horlin-Smith - uncontracted (around 26)
Reece Conca - uncontracted (around 26)
Scott Lycett - restricted free agent (around 26)
Luke Dahlhaus - uncontracted (around 26)
Tom Liberatore - uncontracted (around 26)
Mitch Wallis - uncontracted (around 26)

why are all the uncontracted/free agents 26? are they having a mid-footy crisis?

I'm astute follower of football and I was well aware. Mitch is nice complimentary player and has a bit more room to grow, but to get him and make him our highest paid player would be laughable. I'd be legit ropeable if I was Bruest, Gunners and Smith etc
Maybe, but i am sure they want help and want whatever will help us win games. As long as you are happy with what you are getting paid i don't see why they would care what anyone else is getting paid as long as they make the team better. Agree that those numbers are way too high for him though from a list management point of view.

Brayshaw RFA? He is a legit star, give him a full run at it and he is a deadset elite midfielder, can go inside and out and has a massive tank. Surely would re-sign at the Dees but gee I'd love him at the Hawks.

Nah Brayshaw isn't an RFA. Just out of contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some medium to small fish we could be looking at if we decide to change the list in a regenerative way.

Shaun Atley - restricted free agent (around 26)
George Horlin-Smith - uncontracted (around 26)
Reece Conca - uncontracted (around 26)
Scott Lycett - restricted free agent (around 26)
Luke Dahlhaus - uncontracted (around 26)
Tom Liberatore - uncontracted (around 26)
Mitch Wallis - uncontracted (around 26)

why are all the uncontracted/free agents 26? are they having a mid-footy crisis?

I just looked it up, all the guys you have listed as uncontracted are unrestricted free agents

A lot of them are 26 because that is the age where they become eligible from free agency. So any manager worth their salary will have a player coming out of contract then to gain leverage over clubs.

Maybe, but i am sure they want help and want whatever will help us win games. As long as you are happy with what you are getting paid i don't see why they would care what anyone else is getting paid as long as they make the team better. Agree that those numbers are way too high for him though from a list management point of view.

That I agree with but as we are discussing this particular player who I don't think will make us hugely better I think they'd be frustrated.

Gaff will be staying at the Eagles Tim Gossage reporting.

Incredible all these players testing the market and staying at their current club

To late to offer Sloane 6 years??!!!

Nature of free agency, so different from the days when we gave our older stars one year contracts, Sam Mitchell must have been on one year extension for eternity. I doubt for someone who will be 29 and not knowing how well his body is going to offer more than 3 years and you were never going to get him for that.

Little bit different to Gunner imo, already listed at 196cm and will likely grow another few cms once in the system, takes contested marks and also leads high up the ground, is already playing key forward at senior level in the SANFL I believe. He can play both ends as well. Will be exciting to see how it all translates when in the AFL. At this stage I can’t see him falling much further that 2nd or 3rd pick so it’s highly unlikely that we would benefit from his services. Unless of course he ends up on the Gold Coast and we manage to poach him after his rookie deal ends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I read he would prefer to stay in S.A. This might put some clubs off, or might mean a deal between Carlton and Crows is possible. If I were Carlton, I'd be trying for Crows top pick and one of their top 5-10 players in return for pick 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back