Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2018_Squad_Hero.jpeg

Squad: Round 17, 2018
nmfc.com.au

12 July 2018 6:25 PM

Forward Nick Larkey could line up for his first AFL game of the season, after being named in North’s initial squad of 26 on Thursday.

Larkey is currently second in the VFL’s goal-kicking list with 29 majors from 12 games, and has been a standout in attack all year.

The 20-year-old, who played two games in 2017, is among five inclusions in the Roos’ squad.

Running defender Alex Morgan and midfielder/forward Will Walker are both chances to debut in the clash against Sydney, while Luke Davies-Uniacke and Tom Murphy are also in the mix for a call-up.

Morgan and Walker have been on the cusp of selection in recent weeks, both named as emergencies on multiple occasions.

Cameron Zurhaar is the only confirmed out at this stage, sidelined for an extended period with an ankle injury.

The final 22 will be named on Friday at 5pm AEST.

Interesting, I was really expecting McKay to be named.

I think LDU's coming in still. As for the only other in, cos Brad never goes for more than just 2. Well I don't think its Larkey, possibly Murphy if they want Maj forward at all again. But Brad insisted to keep Maj consistently back, so that won't happen.

I'd like to see Morgan or Walker, but part of me thinks we're adding another tall. So its Murphy. Unless somehow they pick Larkey to have a crack.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So most likely Murphy back and no tall inclusions to help BBB up front. Same same. Except the Sydney defence is MUCH better at double teaming.

Look I will admit I dropped my crystal ball, so it isn't as reliable as it once was.....

Interchange; Daw, Hrovat, Clarke, Morgan.

My ball also informed me we are up and about and expect to win.
I will watch with interest as to which North Melbourne turns up. It better be Pressure the Opposition to the s**t House and hit them hard North Melbourne. :stern look

Need KP forward, speedy defender and clever forward so could be up to 3 changes.
Clever and fast forward, come on down Walker.

I have a feeling we are going to be very disappointed in the changes.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m still pissed that rat hasn’t been dropped. He can’t tackle, he can’t get enough of the pill and he can’t kick it 45 meters.

I still can't think of a reason to justify him staying in the team in whatever role he plays. Forward pressure, maybe but that doesn't matter when you DON'T TACKLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back