Review Good/Bad v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Big positive was to have a team we can back in in terms of attack and aggression. Keath added further spread in defence and can mark, Cheney takes the game on constantly, where the **** has he been all season. And Milera when left to where he plays his natural game bears many gifts.

Can’t keep playing Harto and Talia in the same side, too defensive.

Knight gives more solid mid options. If Greenwood and Gibbs had better games this could have been a 40+ margin.

Tex and Sauce facing big mental hurdles at the moment, neither are really into it or lack focus.

Lynch, Laird, Sloane and Crouch were epic, will never lose if those guys can turn up like that each week.

Gooch and Murph are a lock for the rest of the season. The future is here.
Hamstring .... hass....

Especially their throwing and multiple HtB frees missed.
Pannell tried hard all night --- but we still won.

I lost my s**t at the Doedee HTB that wasn't paid. Cheating scum.

Watching the replay on Fox, think I was being generous calling the umpiring ordinary - much worse than I thouht at the game.

The dropped geelong mark paid by the ump who blew his whistle too early, clearly fumbled at no stage did he control the ball.
Free against Jacobs in the middle after our first goal, replayed back and fourth, bugga me if I could see anyhing.
Keith took a great grab but then had his kick smothered, he was tackled to the ground but didn't have possession, play on.
Free against eddie deep in our forwardline, he jumped at an incoming ball but wasn't watching the ball, he did not touch the geelong player who was going for the mark. You can hear eddie say I never touched him, he was telling he truth. Rolled the tape back and forward, no contact.

All this after 5 minutes, is confirming my view of the game at how quick the umps were to pay geeelong frees and not us for similar infringements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good:
-Sloaney’s goal. The team loved it, the crowd loved it more. Don’t underestimate how important that signing is. HUGE.
-Milera. I’ve been one of his biggest fans. Absolutely love how he’s developing.
-Enjoyed Gallucci’s game
-46,000 crowd is good for a cold Thursday night.

Bad:
Geelong’s [clearly] under performing midfield. Their fans should be asking some serious questions if they miss finals with a midfield of Danger, Selwood, Ablett, Duncan etc.

Ugly:
Troy Pannell. I’m not one to complain about umpires usually but he is pure scum. He hates us.

Did anyone get a sense of Deja Vu, seeing Galluci play today, and thinking they were seeing a younger version of Douglas play?

You're not the only one, my mate and I have been referring to him as Dougie Jnr for the last few weeks.

He's basically the 2nd coming of Richard Douglas, fingers crossed that he turns out even better.

One thing I love about Galluci is that he attacks and takes the game on when he has possession of the ball. He's not the type of player who gets 15 cheap worthless possessions, if he gets enough of the ball he tends to hurt the opposition with it.

Good:
-Sloaney’s goal. The team loved it, the crowd loved it more. Don’t underestimate how important that signing is. HUGE.
-Milera. I’ve been one of his biggest fans. Absolutely love how he’s developing.
-Enjoyed Gallucci’s game
-46,000 crowd is good for a cold Thursday night.

Bad:
Geelong’s [clearly] under performing midfield. Their fans should be asking some serious questions if they miss finals with a midfield of Danger, Selwood, Ablett, Duncan etc.

Ugly:
Troy Pannell. I’m not one to complain about umpires usually but he is pure scum. He hates us.
McInerney was worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back