List Mgmt. Tim Kelly remains a Cat for 2019

How long will Tim Kelly last at Geelong?

• He will return to WA in the 2018 trade period

• He will play at Geelong in 2019 but return to WA at end 2019

• He will sign a long term deal at Geelong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tim Kelly does leave Geelong, he will be the one who loses out. Why would he want to join the Dockers or Eagles when he was drafted by a side with the mid field depth that will allow him to develop his game without been in the spot light? Shane Kersten and Joe Hamling returned to WA to play for the Dockers and their careers have not skyrocketed at all? Steve O'Reilly left Geelong for Freo at the end of 1994 and he was not the same full back-key position player when he was at Geelong.
Because, frankly put, it's not just a football question. Kelly's management have made it abundantly clear that it's solely about go-home and family, nothing more.

There's a write up on Narkle in today's Addy and the quote at the end of the article says a lot about him & the maturity he has as a youngster:

For Narkle, being at a club with other indigenous players such as Cockatoo, Jones, Kelly and Parfitt has made his move from Perth an easier one. "Having the other boys at Geelong with the same backgrounds means we understand each other a bit better, which really helps," he said. " I tried to help Tim (Kelly) out whenever I could when he first came over."

There's been discussion on here about how the club would be trying their best to help out Kelly & his family, and maybe more consideration has been given to how the senior players would be helping, but it's good to see how as youngster has also tried to help & probably without direction from the club to do so

Last edited:
There's a write up on Narkle in today's Addy and the quote at the end of the article says a lot about him & the maturity he has as a youngster:

For Narkle, being at a club with other indigenous players such as Cockatoo, Jones, Kelly and Parfitt has made his move from Perth an easier one. "Having the other boys at Geelong with the same backgrounds means we understand each other a bit better, which really helps," he said. " I tried to help Tim (Kelly) out whenever I could when he first came over."

There's been discussion on here about how the club would be trying their best to help out Kelly & his family, and maybe more consideration has been given to how the senior players would be helping, but it's good to see how as youngster has also tried to help & probably without direction from the club to do so

At some stage, we will have Kelly, Cockatoo, Parfitt, Narkle and Jones hovering around that forward line.

When these indigenous players play together and click they will slice teams up like not many others can do, or ever have done. Add Esava's tackling and contesting into that area too and our mid-forward area will be fearsome!!!

Sandilands? Time for a Bex and a good lie down Vic....
Precisely! He's cooked.

I'm still confident about Kelly. Sick of the naysayers. My goss is he's keen to stay and the club is working overtime to keep 'she who must be obeyed' happy and content to stay.

Interesting piece on 'Sparkle Narkle" today saying how close the indigenous boys had become.

Huge vote of confidence from Tim Kelly's wife on Instagram...

37035536_2274877229195275_5557162574027423744_n.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make some friends then. Surely it isnt that hard...

for some people it is .. we should not be too judgemental. Everyone is different and the heart wants what the heart wants. and maybe she just want those who she is close to. In a way it would be easier for Tim than the family. The irony of course is she may get what she wants and then within a period find that she didn't mind this or that about being here .. maybe Tim is not as happy with his footy , when not winning or getting the same role etc.
They say you can not have your cake and eat it too... a perverse saying .. who has ever bought a cake not to eat.. but I do think you have to be careful for what you wish. The unintended outcomes of wish fulfilment can be quite weird.

Huge vote of confidence from Tim Kelly's wife on Instagram...

37035536_2274877229195275_5557162574027423744_n.png

Better start packing Timmy because your going home, once the wife has made up the mind you dont have an option...nice to know she doesn't appreciate what the club does for them, why doesnt she just come out and say she still supports west coast too!!!!

Kelly is a star. Given his age and quality, I’m thinking he would have to be worth a top 3 pick, or two late first round picks.

I’ve gone through our list and apart from Danger, I struggle to see a more valuable player in a trade.

He may have higher trade value than Duncan (27yrs).

Stewart (25?) and Blicavs (26?) might be similar value but both older.

He’s well ahead of all the players around his age eg Parfitt, Cockatoo, Thurlow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the whole aspect of wanting to be with family and to have his family happy.

But he's fought to get drafted, been overlooked in how many drafts? and finally gets drafted and given an opportunity and then he could just leave the club who gave him this chance after 1 season?

Like c'mon

Fremantles pick 6 and a pick 10-15 would make it acceptable to me. Might get two decent players, might get 2 absolute spuds.

We simply don't trade to those clubs if they can't replace him with a player as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back