Bob

Mumfus

Rookie
Mar 15, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I like the show, I seem to concentrate on his awkwardness when the other person is talking

I like the show, it has a different vibe and should be commended for bringing something a bit different. It's a bit awkward but will get better with experience. I like the relaxed informal vibe and Bob will only get better. Reckon it could do with a name change though, something like Bob & Co. Ive never seen an interview with involving football where the guests were kind of letting their guard down and being themselves, to an extent.

Hope it grows.

I think the show name Open Bob could work

Camera work muthatruckers, get it right!
Why in every episode so far is the camera being shaken so much??

I think for me it came to fruition in the first Bourne Identity movie starring Matt Damon. Made it look hectic and wanted the viewer to feel the same way

I just watched the Tex one. Bob looked a bit out of sorts because I think Tex is the first guest that hasn't immediately shut up when Bob starts talking over the top and cutting them off. If I was Tex I would've felt like saying look mate do you want me to talk or do you want to talk because I'm quite happy to just sit here and drink beer if you want to talk.

Enjoyed his story about business class. I wonder who the Home and Away actor was (not that I'd probably know them). It kind of felt like the story didn't finish though. I could also relate to what he was saying about that feeling you get when playing music with people and the 'magic' that can happen. That kind of organic sixth sense that can develop where you're just in the zone and feeding off each other. I would think good football teams experience something very similar where they can anticipate things and communicate without talking and I was expecting Bob to say words to that effect but he instead started talking about how he felt in the huddle before a game. Was a bit weird as I thought the parallel was pretty obvious.

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
I just saw the rerun of it this morning. I enjoyed it, was definitely smart to have Nat Fyfe as the first episode.

One thing that annoyed me was the camera work, really shaky sometimes.

Erm ...................*cough* Rob Stitch

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur
Holy crapola, Foxtel I totally get what you’re trying with the style of this but....get some kid from uni to intern for free and make the show!! The camera work is atrocious and way too “forced”.

If you’re going for the intimate conversational fly on the wall thing with the handheld cam... why do you have wide shots with the full studio set up of audio and lights in picture???

The forced styling takes away from what could actually be a good show

It was ****** amazing!!!!

Must watch episode of 2018
YxhCJAR.jpg

Tim Whiffler

Debutant
Apr 28, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really enjoy Bob, the person and the show. He is different gravy, but we need different gravy.
** He May run out of anecdotes (have already heard him repeat a couple)

It'd be funny if he found some way to work in being called up onto the dais when they won the flag into every episode somewhere.

victo76

Senior List
Apr 16, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Really enjoy Bob, the person and the show. He is different gravy, but we need different gravy.
** He May run out of anecdotes (have already heard him repeat a couple)
If you listen to his podcast, watch his show and read his column you will find a lot of overlap.

I'm probably just going to delete last night's episode unless somebody says it was ******* amazing.

Least he's interrupted his guest or talked about himself so far, unfortunately also the least interesting guest he's had.

Who is the guest next week?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Adam Gilchrist.

Sep 9, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
The show’s conversational style depends heavily on the guest. I thought Tex Perkins was disappointingly inarticulate.
Yes that’s true. I thought Rob Sitch was great, although as others have said perhaps Bob didn’t let him talk as much about the game itself as he should have.

I think these days its becoming more and more prevalent, that newbies in the media talk about themselves. Its been made famous on MMM, SEN Off the bench, talking about themselves or referring to selves in 3rd person. It comes across as a laugh, joke, one of the boys type thing. Easy to do, and it shines a light on the presenter/commentator as a comedian first, analyst later.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
It's been hit and miss so far. Really enjoyed Fyfe and Rob Sitch. Not so much Tex Perkins, who I am a big fan of. I missed Sabrina Frederick-Traub but hopefully it is still recorded.

Back