Game Day Round 17, 2018 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to watch the game last night but only got to the end of the first quarter (and would have stopped earlier but noted there was only 5 left on the clock and for some weird reason decided to wait for the break) ... this game will be a *lot* more interesting!

It is a weird feeling this being aware that you might actually be a chance in games before you start them ... kinda nice :)

This would be one our best wins for a long long time if we get up today IMO.

Against a side battling for an end of season spot in the finals who will in no way take us lightly after our belting of them earlier in the season at a ground where they are nigh on unbeatable.

The lid could be coming off this afternoon. The Lions by 5 points.

Listening to the radio in a sleepy state after last nights game, heard someone on there pick us to cause an upset today. Couldn't pick who it was. Will be nice if he is right..

...not confident that he is though. Will be listening to the radio again today as still at mums, admit it is not so stressful that way so I don't mind

Give it all you've got boys and you just never know what might happen.

Last edited:
Clarkson’s comments about our likely ruck dominance are weird. I reckon they’ve got a plan to outsmart us, a bit like GWS did earlier in the year. Hopefully we adjust well because our stoppage work has been reasonable recently.
Ceglar is a premiership backup ruckman. It’s not like he’s fresh out of the draft playing his first game.

My mix of hope and apprehension are sitting in a really uncomfortable mix at the moment. My big fear is that we will get absolutely spanked and see all the positivity and goodwill we've built up melt away.

My mix of hope and apprehension are sitting in a really uncomfortable mix at the moment. My big fear is that we will get absolutely spanked and see all the positivity and goodwill we've built up melt away.

To be fair, you look at every bottom team of around our experience/age in history and most suffer a few big losses a year. It's one of those things that can just happen.

I'm a little concerned about the game - hawks have so much to gain. Pride in reversing the last game loss and consolidating a top eight position.

glad it's at 1.45. Predicted max temperature is 13 so cold won't be too much of a factor.

I think it will be hawks exploding at the start of the game with a sizeable lead at quarter time that we honourably peg back without taking the lead at any stage. Hawks by 13.

And I hope I'm hammered post game for getting my prediction completely arse about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be getting way ahead of myself but with Tex rubbed out............5 in row yipppeeee...ooops 4

I've been a Lions fan for too long. Not having a scrap of optimism until the final siren is sounded. I've been burned too many times.

I hope we win, but I'm not expecting anything. I DON'T WANNA HURT NO MORE!!!!!!

Gonna be a much tougher test this time round. They have O'meara and Howe while we lose Andrews and Cameron and it is at Tassie. Still think we can win because we have a huge amount of confidence but we can't let that go into over confidence. Need to start well is the main thing.

Gonna be a much tougher test this time round. They have O'meara and Howe while we lose Andrews and Cameron and it is at Tassie. Still think we can win because we have a huge amount of confidence but we can't let that go into over confidence. Need to start well is the main thing.
Last time we played we didnt have Barrett or Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back