Traded #42: Adam Saad - Traded to Carlton for pick 8 (with some junk picks)

Remove this Banner Ad

He has a unique ability to accelerate on a wierd angle in a savage burst almost as soon as he gathers, followed by an immediate bounce which resets him for options...

From here he just toggles the boost button until his next options pops up which is often another bounce... :D

The slight variation in speeds seems to mess with his opponents judgment and timing until he's totally clear...

Freak...

Here's the deal. He might just be our most important player.

Big call, but so often when we go into our shell it's this guy who says **** you dudes, remember? We do this!

Seriously. He has no fear. I ******* love him
I said it in the match day thread but I reckon he's arguably the most exciting player with the ball we've had since Michael Long (apologies to Raz).
I wholeheartedly agree, he is sensational.

We've absolutely picked up a ripper from the Gold Coast and I reckon opposition supporters would be spewing.

Here's the deal. He might just be our most important player.

Big call, but so often when we go into our shell it's this guy who says **** you dudes, remember? We do this!

Seriously. He has no fear. I ******* love him
He could get caught holding the ball 2-3 times a game and i wouldnt care. Thats because when it comes off we will get a quality inside 50 more times than not.

When he takes the game on, everyone shifts position upfield to create space and lead to the ball.
In a game where the press/zone is the king of defensive structures, having someone who has the speed to bust past 2-3 defenders and create overlap means presses and zones collapse upfield as they clamor to shut down space in front of the ball carrier.

And when ball movement becomes ad lib and teams are forced into scramble defence we look at our best.

Easily in the top 5 most important structural players in our team.

He could get caught holding the ball 2-3 times a game and i wouldnt care. Thats because when it comes off we will get a quality inside 50 more times than not.

When he takes the game on, everyone shifts position upfield to create space and lead to the ball.
In a game where the press/zone is the king of defensive structures, having someone who has the speed to bust past 2-3 defenders and create overlap means presses and zones collapse upfield as they clamor to shut down space in front of the ball carrier.

And when ball movement becomes ad lib and teams are forced into scramble defence we look at our best.

Easily in the top 5 most important structural players in our team.

Was just thinking if the AFL bring in rules where it frees up the game and makes it less congested it will suit our style to a tee we will be the best run and gun team in the comp

Opposition eams will put a lot of time into him from now on you’d think. But hey, guess what, if he gets nullified in a game we’ve still got McKenna, McGrath, and even Tippa, Fanta or Colyer to break the lines heading forward. Was really looking forward to the time where we had all 6 in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opposition eams will put a lot of time into him from now on you’d think. But hey, guess what, if he gets nullified in a game we’ve still got McKenna, McGrath, and even Tippa, Fanta or Colyer to break the lines heading forward. Was really looking forward to the time where we had all 6 in the side.

And that's just it. If they focus on shutting down Saad's run then we go to McKenna. If they focus on McKenna, we go to Mcgrath. And on it goes and before you know it the opposition are trying to nulify/tag 4 or 5 guys thereby shagging their own game plans.

HUGE BREAKING NEWS ON SAAD:

He's now edged out Walla as my 6 year old Bomber tragic son's favourite player! This is massive and probably the biggest KPI you could want for the importance of Saad to the team!!!

It'll bring a tear to my eye the day my 3yo son nominates a favourite player!

For now, I have to settle for him copying my gesticulating and laughing at me while the footy is on.

Saad has been great for us but he won't get in the AA this year. Not even the 40.

He has only settled in the line up the last 3-4 weeks.

In that he’s played every game?

It'll bring a tear to my eye the day my 3yo son nominates a favourite player!

For now, I have to settle for him copying my gesticulating and laughing at me while the footy is on.
it's just the best when they get their own opinions on footy and are just mad about their support.

This morning my boy was saying "Dad, I'm soooo happy Saad chose Essendon! So happy. What if he'd chosen the poos and wees? Then they'd be better than the Bombers. But he didn't! He chose Essendon! I'm so happy!"

Very cute

it's just the best when they get their own opinions on footy and are just mad about their support.

This morning my boy was saying "Dad, I'm soooo happy Saad chose Essendon! So happy. What if he'd chosen the poos and wees? Then they'd be better than the Bombers. But he didn't! He chose Essendon! I'm so happy!"

Very cute
Lance Softiecut

Is he a bit lippy or are teams just trying to get into him because of some kind of perceived weakness that he crumbles under the heat?
Always seems to be in the middle of a blue multiple times throughout the game...But it never seems to affect him in the slightest. Absolute weapon

Is he a bit lippy or are teams just trying to get into him because of some kind of perceived weakness that he crumbles under the heat?
Always seems to be in the middle of a blue multiple times throughout the game...But it never seems to affect him in the slightest. Absolute weapon

Almost like he used to play for the Suns, and they were laying out welcome mat, eh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back