Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion - Part 3: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M is our new club theme song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
We need to stop worrying about what other teams are doing and just win, if we win we make the 8, simple.

No way should we be hoping Melbourne win any games. As for Port let them finish above Melbourne and that’s it. As long as Melbourne finish below them I hope they crash and burn, it would be hilarious seeing them miss after pushing for top 2, an epic Port fail.

Not true. There are variations on fixture results where we can win all games and still miss the 8. Any of the teams 6-10 pick up points against teams 1-5 and it could be a finals ladder for the record books.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not true. There are variations on fixture results where we can win all games and still miss the 8. Any of the teams 6-10 pick up points against teams 1-5 and it could be a finals ladder for the record books.
If we win every game we make the 8, you don’t miss the 8 on 14 wins.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz

I think 13 wins will more than likely get a team in.

Given the upsets that have already happened, there are bound to be another couple between now and the end of the year which will bring 8th down to 12 wins and whoever has the best percentage.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think 13 wins will more than likely get a team in.

Given the upsets that have already happened, there are bound to be another couple between now and the end of the year which will bring 8th down to 12 wins and whoever has the best percentage.
Given our s**t percentage we need the extra win

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
We also play Port, who's draw is probably tougher.

Port are 3 wins and percentage above us, they would have to implode in a pretty severe way for us to finish above them.

For us to finish above Port they would have to lose around five of their last six games.

As great as it would be, it aint going to happen

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Port are 3 wins and percentage above us, they would have to implode in a pretty severe way for us to finish above them.

For us to finish above Port they would have to lose around five of their last six games.

As great as it would be, it aint going to happen
If they lose to GWS the fear will set in, their last 4 games are very tough. I reckon we will beat them, as will West Coast. Collingwood away will also be tough, might come down to Essendon here. We might not push them out but someone else will.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Normally, but this year there seems to be some teams in the 8 that aren’t necessarily that good. Port. Sydney to me are as weak as I can remember them. Collingwood seem to be playing more on confidence than anything else. If teams can get wins over these three teams then we could have a log jam on 14 wins.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Seems as though some people on the Port board are starting to realise that Dixon is overrated.

Hopefully Janus will soon pop up telling them that all Dixon needs to do is stand 10.5 steps to the left and kick to 2 metres further to become the most dominant forward in the AFL to get them to start believing again.

CrowMan90

Team Captain
Sep 23, 2014
Japan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool,Barcelona, Roma
Seems as though some people on the Port board are starting to realise that Dixon is overrated.

Hopefully Janus will soon pop up telling them that all Dixon needs to do is stand 10.5 steps to the left and kick to 2 metres further to become the most dominant forward in the AFL to get them to start believing again.
Are you sure you aren't Janus. Also I believe its 10.3 steps and 2.7 metres.

I can't bring myself to barrack for the Puffers in under any circumstances. I even had a peek at the Giants' draw. If they beat Port, it opens for them to finish top 4. The Sydney derby and Melbourne at the G (as well as us) are huge games given they will beat the Saints at home and Carlton.
Agreed. Would rather finish 9th than finish 8th on the back of a Port win.

Why did you block out this flogs name ?? Tex didn't. And you shouldn't have bothered either.
This is one thing I've never understood in the social media landscape. Why block out names of people like this when reposting? People put these posts up publicly. We're not hacking into their secret stash and finding it. If they didn't want it public they wouldn't have posted it on the internet.

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gets his photo taken with sportspeople quite often, almost like he stalks them, only to put up hashtags like these on most.

He's deleted many an Instagram post over the journey

There are so many genuine nut jobs on social media. I’ve got a twitter account for my betting and luckily I don’t get trolled for my betting but the amount of Port / Richmond etc freaks and the absolute shite that comes out of their mouth is mind boggling. You can tell they’re genuinely unhinged.

Rusty Crow

All Australian
Apr 13, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Oh wow, people really do that?
DiJOuNEU0AAOrcw.jpg:large

Must be something they put in the coolaide...

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Gray tackle is a strange one.

There's no doubt he was dumped, but there's something peculiar from a physics point of view, Gray seems to partially lift in the air with no actual lift at all from the tackler.

I suspect he was trying to turn himself in the hope that the Freo player would land in his back to try and get a free, but it's ended up making his landing significantly worse.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back