Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion - Part 3: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M is our new club theme song

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gray tackle is a strange one.

There's no doubt he was dumped, but there's something peculiar from a physics point of view, Gray seems to go partially airborne with no lift at all from the tackler.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nyhuis had momentum towards the boundary line and you can see Gray is still trying to get back in the field of play off his left foot until Nyhuis' momentum takes over and Gray goes up and over as his centre of gravity is high. Which is definitely where the drive into the ground comes from, which greatly increased the impact and subsequently knocked him out. Nyhuis certainly didn't go out of his way to sling him into the ground, and 99 times out of a 100 that tackle ends up being fine.

The Gray tackle is a strange one.

There's no doubt he was dumped, but there's something peculiar from a physics point of view, Gray seems to partially lift in the air with no actual lift at all from the tackler.

I suspect he was trying to turn himself in the hope that the Freo player would land in his back to try and get a free, but it's ended up making his landing significantly worse.

I agree it's not as clear cut as people are saying. Gray had some input into it, I'm just not sure what...

Just had a look I just dont think Gray was aware of what he was going to do

2 weeks
I think it's two weeks as well, but there's definitely no lift from the tackler yet Gray lifts and twists during the landing.

I think that Gray's natural instinct is always to try and draw the tackler into his back to win a free. I think on this occasion he tried to but because of how he was tackled it just ended up making his fall a lot worse.

I think it's two weeks as well, but there's definitely no lift from the tackler.

I think that Gray's natural instinct is always to try and draw the tackler into his back to win a free. I think on this occasion he tried to but because of how he was tackled it just ended up making his fall a lot worse.

As I said not sure, I think the tackler looked for the boundary line rather than the tackle, maybe once Gray felt contact he also moved his body to the line like a wrestler reaching for the ropes. I think this is more about the consequence rather than the event

I feel Gray was grabbing the tacklers hands to draw a free rather than to brace for contact with the ground. Haven’t watched it much tho

Anyone else excited to see this year's mob of 'missing piece' free agents that Port overpay to bring in to mask their woeful drafting, none of which ever actually seem to lead to an increased performance?

I think it's two weeks as well, but there's definitely no lift from the tackler yet Gray lifts and twists during the landing.

It was a dangerous tackle. And deserves weeks.

But Robbies injury was made worse by Robbie trying to draw a free by going limp in the tackle and dropping the ball as he always does trying to draw the "holding the man" free.

The difference here is that instead of the tackler propelling him forward he slung him and Robbie got badly hurt.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Anyone else excited to see this year's mob of 'missing piece' free agents that Port overpay to bring in to mask their woeful drafting, none of which ever actually seem to lead to an increased performance?
Stephen May will be the remaining missing piece.

DiJOuNEU0AAOrcw.jpg:large

Must be something they put in the coolaide...

Definitely a regular on big footy

My feel is that if we are to displace a side currently in the 8, it's going to be Melb.

They have a very tricky draw from here on in + we get to play them in that run.
But Kornes says theyre a chance for the flag after their win over the bulldogs.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first year he came in Port supporters tried to make excuses for his mediocrity saying that he just needed to learn the structures and settle into Port, I guess they still think that "he's going to come good one day" :$
So too is DMac

Not wanting to get in a political battle but the AO entry price and food prices must be the highest in Australia. Its design is mainly for the corporates and well to doers to enjoy. I get in as a GA ticket and have to climb umpteen steps on level 5 to get to my seat or stand in the open at the Northern end.
The redevelopment was only half a ground as the eastern stand was already there albeit upgrade at a massive public cost that CA benefited from. As far as internationally rated, I don't know by who. May have just been polite response. I have been to some European football stadiums and they kill us for access (including GA seats) , facilities and cost to enter and have a meal. Even cost of construction was less and transport to the ground is easier. Lovely ground but overrated if being described as one the best.
Having just come back from Copenhagen I'm looking forward to buying a water at the footy...it's about half the price as over there!

Stephen May will be the remaining missing piece.

It'll be hilarious if they get May because their defence and particularly their tall defenders have been their strength this year

It'll be hilarious if they get May because their defence and particularly their tall defenders have been their strength this year
Dougal Howard could be a.genuine AA defender. Way better than May.

Their biggest issue is too many inside minds shoehorned into different positions to keep em in the 22. Boak, SPP, Ebert, Wines, Rockliff should not be in the same side.
When they get the turnover they are too slow to make the most of it. This is compounded by having Dixon and Watts who are.both dumb at reading the play and physically slow.

If Jenkins was in that side he would win the Coleman with the amount of Joe the Goose goals he could score with the space he could run into on the turnover.

Dougal Howard could be a.genuine AA defender. Way better than May.

Their biggest issue is too many inside minds shoehorned into different positions to keep em in the 22. Boak, SPP, Ebert, Wines, Rockliff should not be in the same side.
When they get the turnover they are too slow to make the most of it. This is compounded by having Dixon and Watts who are.both dumb at reading the play and physically slow.

If Jenkins was in that side he would win the Coleman with the amount of Joe the Goose goals he could score with the space he could run into on the turnover.

Oh no, cue the Jenkins v Dixon thread...

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-really-cares-some-people-clearly-do.1183680/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back