Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion - Part 3: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M is our new club theme song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Key round. To make finals we want:

Port to beat GWS
Melbourne to beat Geelong
Collingwood to beat North Melbourne

Oh, and us to beat Brisbane.

Won't even bother hoping Carlton beat Hawthorn. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Carlton make it through their banner.

We keep winning. We take melbournes spot.

It's simple really.

Nothing else matters

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Geez just looked at the odds on Sportsbet for a Pear flag. $4.50 and second behind Richmond before the Freo game. Blink now $10.00 LMFAO!! Vintage Port Adelaide right there.

Don't know why they were that good odds to begin with, their draw is piss easy.

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.
Ironic that they were trolling us about signing Sloane, yet Port had only just signed up Kern to a four year deal worth 1 million a year :D

I know which one I'd rather had locked to a long term deal.
Anyone criticizing the Sloane deal are just being deliberately disingenuous. A truly pivotal moment for our great club.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Ironic that they were trolling us about signing Sloane, yet Port had only just signed up Kern to a four year deal worth 1 million a year :D

I know which one I'd rather had locked to a long term deal.
How long is Basset contracted for?
Ken just rides the coat tails of his assistants.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Thursday night showed us it was worth it. The club needs a bloke like that to hang around.
Agree, I don’t have a problem with the 5 years and the post I replied to is right in that it’s important for where we are now, possibly a line in the sand moment concerning players leaving but let’s judge it once it’s played out in full. Stating the obvious I know.

BunjiMC

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Im surprised they can actually afford it considering that Dusty, Rance and Riewoldt must all be on significant coin.

Reiwoldt is gone isn't he?? F/A at the end of 2019....push him out a year early. Was the talk earlier this year....gone quiet now but would free up some cap space.

CrowMan90

Team Captain
Sep 23, 2014
Japan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool,Barcelona, Roma
Reiwoldt is gone isn't he?? F/A at the end of 2019....push him out a year early. Was the talk earlier this year....gone quiet now but would free up some cap space.
I heard that rumour but surely not. I could see him playing another couple years considering his popularity among the Richmond fans. But who knows.

CrowMan90

Team Captain
Sep 23, 2014
Japan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Throw in Cotchin a Brownlow and captain. The rest of the team must be on peanuts.
Even Collingwood are rumoured to have genuine interest in Lynch. It seems to be a trend among many of the Melbourne based clubs. Many players either are on peanuts or something fishy is going on.

BunjiMC

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I heard that rumour but surely not. I could see him playing another couple years considering his popularity among the Richmond fans. But who knows.

I agree with you. He is a heart and soul player. However, you have to be ruthless to win flags. Out Reiwoldt In Tom Lynch.... yes please

CrowMan90

Team Captain
Sep 23, 2014
Japan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I agree with you. He is a heart and soul player. However, you have to be ruthless to win flags. Out Reiwoldt In Tom Lynch.... yes please
I could see it happening but it wouldn't surprise me if they somehow keep Riewoldt and get Lynch.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back