General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Have 1 ticket for the Kids Sports holiday program tomorrow- son is sick and can’t attend . Will offload for half the price . Contact me

My mobile I used has it all formatted differently.

Don't listen to him, I think mainly cosmetic changes by the looks of things (desktop).

How rude! My posting is above reproach madam!

giphy.gif

Don’t suppose anyone knows the ticket winning number for the TV raffle last night?

Amidst the beers & game nerves forgot to check scoreboard after HT..
0319 I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True story,

I happened to be in an Vietnamese bakery today getting a pork roll and, the old guy serving me said in broken english, you look a bit like
Tom Haffey.
Do you know who Tom Haffey is he asked, before I could reply he said he coached the swans, I said I knew who he was.
As he was making my pork roll he asked if I followed aussie rules and who I barracked for, I replied Essendon, he said ahhhg and then asked if I wanted the good stuff on top lol.

The weird part is, that this conversation took place in a Vietnamese bakery at Ingleburn, South Western Sydney real RL territory.

It appears that AFL is more wide spread then I thought.

Moral of story, don't order a pork roll and tell them you support Essendon, or god knows what extras you will get.

Essendon fans, I reckon you mostly hate that terrible red jumper. I reckon a simple inverse red with a black sash would be much better. My kids play at Newtown FC in Geelong, they wear Essendon colours and because of many teams they have an inverse one and it looks good.
But to keep your proper jumper why wouldn’t you just wear red shorts for 1-3 games a year to help with the clash? They help a lot. I’ve always loved those pictures with Tim Watson, the Danihers and Maddens with those red shorts. This way you still wear the historic guernsey, so it’s a win-win.

Essendon fans, I reckon you mostly hate that terrible red jumper. I reckon a simple inverse red with a black sash would be much better. My kids play at Newtown FC in Geelong, they wear Essendon colours and because of many teams they have an inverse one and it looks good.
But to keep your proper jumper why wouldn’t you just wear red shorts for 1-3 games a year to help with the clash? They help a lot. I’ve always loved those pictures with Tim Watson, the Danihers and Maddens with those red shorts. This way you still wear the historic guernsey, so it’s a win-win.
You're right, red shorts fix the supposed issues. Most bomber fans who want to keep the red sash like the red shorts idea. But the money grubbers don't profit from the sale of shorts.

Are there any 1993 Preseason games (of Essendon) floating around the internets?

After the Baby Bombers doco i want to chase up some of the games, mostly Hirdy in his sleeves and his rather odd Mullet...

I remember him clearly standing out before he was famous.

One thing in paticular i want to see is those one armed ball scoops below his knees he used to do before he got properly game fit...

I remember getting frustrated with him not running, but then SHAZAM he had the ball again and again and again...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back