Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion - Part 3: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M is our new club theme song

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's awful what happened to him, but the more I see it the more it seems like Gray didn't help the situation by instinctively trying to propel himself in the hope that Nyhuis would land in his back and he could get a free kick.

It's the same thing that I say about Selwood that a player's first instinct should be to protect themselves rather than putting themselves in danger in the hope of getting a free kick.

We were near some Cats fans Thursday night and twice the ducking Selwood didn’t get a free that perhaps was genuinely there.
Both times they conceded he’s brought it on himself with all his staging - umpires are getting sick of being made to look stupid

They had a point

Needs a dark theme asap. I don’t understand why it has never been an option on BF. So many other forums have it that run on the same interface.

i use the bigfooty app and that has a dark themed option

Problem for the tackler is pic 2. Can see very clearly he is holding Grays left arm, thereby denying Gray any chance of breaking that fall.

Once he chooses to hold that arm he has to know that he has Gray in a totally vulnerable position and needs to exercise some care.

He chose not to, chose to take advantage and dump him, while denying him natural protection at the same time.

Hope he gets rubbed out for 3-4

What was it about the tackle that was illegal ?
It was forceful but to me it looks like he grabs him, drops to the ground and it’s Gray that turns in the tackle because it is his right arm that’s free

I was going to try it once, but then I read the feedback thread for the app and there were many, many complaints and bugs.

Does it work properly now?

i dont have any issues with it

I was going to try it once, but then I read the feedback thread for the app and there were many, many complaints and bugs.

Does it work properly now?

I use the Android Bigfooty App when I'm on the bus and I don't have any problems with it.

I think all the issues have been long sorted out now.

We were near some Cats fans Thursday night and twice the ducking Selwood didn’t get a free that perhaps was genuinely there.
Both times they conceded he’s brought it on himself with all his staging - umpires are getting sick of being made to look stupid

They had a point
I had a text discussion with a Cats supporting mate the next day and I sent a couple of gifs of Selwood and Danger going down easy, the Selwood one from Thursday night. He got really upset about how offensive it is to Geelong supporters that the hardest player in the AFL is called a NTTAWWT, (I never called him that, just that he played for frees and went down easily). He was suggesting that Gibbs got him in the solar plexus and sent links of how it’s done etc, I suggested he’s guessing.
He’s always had a soft spot for Adelaide but this morning I read a rant of his on FB about how he was barraged by Adelaide supporters (my guess that’s one person, me, and it was a discussion over 20 texts), accusing Selwood of diving, that he was hit in his solar plexus and that Adelaide supporters are worse than Port.
Nice bloke but what a dummy spit.

I had a text discussion with a Cats supporting mate the next day and I sent a couple of gifs of Selwood and Danger going down easy, the Selwood one from Thursday night. He got really upset about how offensive it is to Geelong supporters that the hardest player in the AFL is called a NTTAWWT, (I never called him that, just that he played for frees and went down easily). He was suggesting that Gibbs got him in the solar plexus and sent links of how it’s done etc, I suggested he’s guessing.
He’s always had a soft spot for Adelaide but this morning I read a rant of his on FB about how he was barraged by Adelaide supporters (my guess that’s one person, me, and it was a discussion over 20 texts), accusing Selwood of diving, that he was hit in his solar plexus and that Adelaide supporters are worse than Port.
Nice bloke but what a dummy spit.

These guys were actually pretty funny but all four of them are sick of copping s**t themselves over it . It seems that it’s becoming almost indefensible for the genuine Geelong fan that does football

It hurts when they know it’s true

Happening a lot today !!!!
Especially on the port board !

“Fact is if Christensen kicked the ball 1m further, and things didn't magically fall our way against the Crows, we'd be in the same position as every other year.

Season over by the halfway mark, playing terrible football and just hoping to scrape into the 8.”

i dont have any issues with it

I use the Android Bigfooty App when I'm on the bus and I don't have any problems with it.

I think all the issues have been long sorted out now.
I just downloaded it for iphone. Logged in. Menu—->club boards = error

Menu—->Main board = error

Not a good first impression.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why they deleted it - Fox Footy tweet.

"Sam Powell-Pepper lives with captain, Travis Boak. Neroli Meadows interviewed the pair and wasn't afraid to ask about the controversy that engulfed Powell-Pepper at the beginning of the season."

Had a photo of Pepper in his cap sitting next to Boak looking like he'd just woken up.

They had a point
Did he sook?

Hey I just watched the Gray tackle and Dixon’s retaliation. Did anyone else notice Dixon try and kick Nyhuis?

See about the 12 second mark.

Of course the kick missed (because...well, Dixon).

Does Nyhuis also trip him with his left leg while tackling him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back