Player Watch #31: Bayley ‘Slick’ Fritsch

Remove this Banner Ad

Educated at Bimbadeen Heights Primary School, Mooroolbark.
Uses his body well.
Belies his body structure.
Kicks well too.
Is drafted as one of the oldest in his draft.
Is recruited from the VFL.
Is drafted by that team's senior side.

I've seen that before.

Who was the last key forward who was complete dog s**t 3 seasons in and turned out to be good? He will be gone off the list soon.

I really hope this is a Brayshaw style reverse jinx :p

Brad Green v2. Beautiful kick, loping left footer, courageous in the air for his size etc

And without the selfish streak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should actually place highly in the rising star if he can get a Nom do people realise he was younger than 21 at the start of the year?

He's a beauty. Looks like he can play multiple roles too. I love him on the wing, but he looked good as a floating defender as well. He weights his kicks perfectly as well. Can play the Hunt role while he gets back fitness and form..

The way he just gets rid of Gowers with ease (5:50 mark) is ridiculous for a kid who is a beanpole and has basically never played down back.

Also - check out how Hibberd gets dumped well after getting rid of the ball in the middle of the ground in the same passage of play (6:05). They penalise players for the ridiculous 'protected area' infringements yet players can get away with that?

The way he just gets rid of Gowers with ease (5:50 mark) is ridiculous for a kid who is a beanpole and has basically never played down back.

Also - check out how Hibberd gets dumped well after getting rid of the ball in the middle of the ground in the same passage of play (6:05). They penalise players for the ridiculous 'protected area' infringements yet players can get away with that?

The composition under pressure with a well directed ball coming into defensive 50 to a one on one is very impressive

A smart, skillful, courageous, skinny defender. Hmmm, where have I heard that description before?

The kid is a player.

Until you said defender I was all CALE MORTON!

And without the selfish streak.

Glad im not the only one to think this. The club under his "leadership" (i use that term very loosely) left a bad taste in my mouth about his career.

I reckon Firtch is clearly a better mark than Green was overhead, more courageous also. Green a better user of the ball/set shot kick at goal though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back