Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually Phil Walsh selected Tex , not the playing group . Wrong again

Phil is still around? He did appoint him in that first season. But since then the captaincy has reverted to being voted on by the players. I'm not the one who is wrong.

How can you follow something that you grab , twist and jumble to make an argument you clown .

Not one part of your response was in a logical order nor truthful to what i wrote , your tone in spinning that argument lacks any kind of response other than ........... nothing .
What you wrote was damn near illegible. You go from thought to thought without any semblance of continuity and then try and string it all together with a conclusion based on speculative nonsense.

You can just say I want Sloane as captain next year, and I wouldn’t have had a problem.

I would say Douglas has been nothing more than a par first rounder for the journey, seeing he only had 1 and a half seasons of elite football (and got lucky we imploded in 2010). I would be inclined to say that circumstance and misuse did hurt Douglas to a large degree throughout his career as he had the tools to be pushing AA selection for much longer then he did.

The aim for Gallucci has to be above a
par first rounder (and ergo above Douglas). I would say if we do use him properly throughout his career, he should end up better then Douglas. Whether he has a better resume or not depends on if he can get to an AA level. I doubt he'll ever win a BnF however as ideally we remain very strong throughout most of his career.
Agree Dougy has been par
Galluci is just starting out so the world is his oyster

If we go by that logic we may as well trade out every decent Victorian on our list.

Nothing wrong with that. When the talent is avaliable, we should be looking at every avenue to have far more South Australian players on our list.

We'd be idiots to trade him now. He's only just started to show what he can do, so his trade value would still be quite low. Why trade out an asset as it's just starting to appreciate, because we're worried that he might receive an offer in the future?

It would all depend on the return and what ROI we could obtain. If we could use the equity gained in that asset to buy an even greater asset with the potential for a far greater return and we still didn’t do it, that would really make us idiots.

FWIW, I think the player with the 9th most games for us is a bit more than just "par". Even for a first rounder.

222 players have worn the Crows guernsey 15 have done it 200 times.

Around 6% of all players make it to 200 games, and about a third of all first rounders.

Suggesting Gooch will easily be better than Dougie or "only as good as" both under and over-rates Dougie's career IMO

Nothing wrong with that. When the talent is avaliable, we should be looking at every avenue to have far more South Australian players on our list.

It would all depend on the return and what ROI we could obtain. If we could use the equity gained in that asset to buy an even greater asset with the potential for a far greater return and we still didn’t do it, that would really make us idiots.
I'm not as big as some on Gallucci right now but it would be madness to try and trade him out at this point when he has clearly bought into the club by extending his contract. The only way the Gooch should be traded currently is if he wanted out or he was agreeable to the move, and only then if it was for major overs which we would likely not get currently.

I'm not as big as some on Gallucci right now but it would be madness to try and trade him out at this point when he has clearly bought into the club by extending his contract. The only way the Gooch should be traded currently is if he wanted out or he was agreeable to the move, and only then if it was for major overs which we would likely not get currently.
And he re-signed when he had played just 1 game for the club in his first year and were he of a more selfish mind could have been thinking his career was being wasted and he wanted out to somewhere he was more likely to get games - no one in January was anticipating our injury list so his playing 10 games this year was no certainty.

Let’s be honest, Douglas has had a good career. You would take his career if offered with a pick 17 or whatever it was.

Having said that, he never lived up to his true potential with brain snaps, poor decision making, going to ground too easily, missed tackles etc stopping him from becoming a star. He won a B and F when we were truly terrible, probably the worst side we have had in 21 years.

I’m not saying we trade him without his consent. I’m simply saying, we ask the question. If he would be open for a move and a victorian club was willing to trade a single figure pick with one of our picks that then lead to us gaining an Izak Rankine, Jackson Hately or a high single figure pick. We would be mad not to look at it.

And he re-signed when he had played just 1 game for the club in his first year and were he of a more selfish mind could have been thinking his career was being wasted and he wanted out to somewhere he was more likely to get games - no one in January was anticipating our injury list so his playing 10 games this year was no certainty.

Not to mention the message it sends to future Vic draftees.

I’m not saying we trade him without his consent. I’m simply saying, we ask the question. If he would be open for a move and a victorian club was willing to trade a single figure pick with one of our picks that then lead to us gaining an Izak Rankine, Jackson Hately or a high single figure pick. We would be mad not to look at it.

Well if I was Jordan I'd be genuinely pissed off if that were to happen after fully buying into the club and where it's heading by extending his contract, not to mention the message it sends to his interstate teammates and future interstate draftees. We thought enough of him to use a valuable 1st round pick to bring him in now just when he's looking half decent you want to move him on in pursuit of a new shiny toy. Personally I feel a player of Gallucci's ilk is more of a current list need than a Hately type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid system. Who is going to vote no. He should be captain because Don Pyke wants him to be his captain. No other reason needed.
Well everything I've ever heard uttered by Don Pyke re Tex and his Captaincy leads me to believe he's very, very comfortable with the player's choice.

Well if I was Jordan I'd be genuinely pissed off if that were to happen after fully buying into the club and where it's heading by extending his contract, not to mention the message it sends to his interstate teammates and future interstate draftees. We thought enough of him to use a valuable 1st round pick to bring him in now just when he's looking half decent you want to move him on in pursuit of a new shiny toy. Personally I feel a player of Gallucci's ilk is more of a current list need than a Hately type.
Exactly.

How has that helped with our player retention?

We don’t send a positive message now? I think we do.

I maybe wrong but I view him as a flight risk in the next 3 to 5 years.

With a plethora of good SA kids in the draft, I would ask the question if he was interested in a trade back to Victoria.

Bundle him with the Melbourne first round pick to get further inside the top 10 to grab a good SA kid.

I think he is developing nicely but he isn’t very tall and will never be a big bodied midfielder. The then becomes, do we need him in our long term midfield? Or could he be used to facilitate a trade to gain a different asset.

I would ask the question now.

This was also suggested by Paul Roos on "On the Couch" last night. He felt that Gooch plus our pick 8 and 13 could get us pick one from Carlton. Question is, is it too high a price to pay for pick one.

This was also suggested by Paul Roos on "On the Couch" last night. He felt that Gooch plus our pick 8 and 13 could get us pick one from Carlton. Question is, is it too high a price to pay for pick one.

Gooch, 8 and 13. They are are treating us like Harvey Weinstein treats his female actors. Like s**t!!

...the players that don't want him as captain, obviously

Yeah right. You would be voting against your own interests. I wouldn't trust any club to keep a vote secret. More likely I'd expect Caro to be naming me on Footy Classified as trying to coup d'etat the skipper. AFL clubs leak like anything. Even it was kept secret it causes disharmony in the dressing room knowing that people arent all behind the skipper. That would work against your own goals of being successful.

The club should choose the skipper. Preferably, the coach. Not two, but one skipper.

Well everything I've ever heard uttered by Don Pyke re Tex and his Captaincy leads me to believe he's very, very comfortable with the player's choice.

Thats good. Like it should be. Players shouldn't be voting on it.

Nobody takes Roos ponderings seriously, the big loser in that scenario is Adelaide no matter how bad we want Luko, 3 1st round picks including one that's 2 years into their development. Faaaaaark off Roos.

If we're a Jordan Gallucci trade away from getting a return this year, there are plenty of other options on our list with similar 2018 trade value and much less upside.

Even if Gallucci decides to leave at the end of his current contract, he'll still be likely worth more than he is now. Potentially much more.

If we're a Jordan Gallucci trade away from getting a return this year, there are plenty of other options on our list with similar 2018 trade value and much less upside.

Even if Gallucci decides to leave at the end of his current contract, he'll still be likely worth more than he is now. Potentially much more.

Like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back