Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Does everyone have a different version of bigfooty than yesterday? Not sure I like it
Not a fan, and we are unable to go back to the older skin/template

Does everyone have a different version of bigfooty than yesterday? Not sure I like it

Yer it's taking a bit of getting used to.

Not a fan, and we are unable to go back to the older skin/template

Yep, they upgraded it. Evidently the mobile and desktop versions were different, and both were held together by patches which made life pretty much unbearable for the mods and caused numerous issues. So they upgraded to a single platform for both, got rid of all the old hacks/patches, and fixed as many problems as they could. I think there was risk of major issues if they didn't upgrade...

You can leave your feedback here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bigfooty-style-upgrade-feedback-and-bugs.1199326/

So far, they've been really reasonable I reckon...

Hey all,

I'm planning on flying up from Melbourne for the game against the Pies on 4 August.

Looking for some suggestions for accomodation. Are there many options near the ground? And are there many places around there to go out for a drink afterwards? Or am I best booking somewhere in the city?

I'm only there overnight and only planning on watching the game and going out for drinks afterwards. No sightseeing.

Thanks heaps

Hey all,

I'm planning on flying up from Melbourne for the game against the Pies on 4 August.

Looking for some suggestions for accomodation. Are there many options near the ground? And are there many places around there to go out for a drink afterwards? Or am I best booking somewhere in the city?

I'm only there overnight and only planning on watching the game and going out for drinks afterwards. No sightseeing.

Thanks heaps
Try and get somewhere near Surry Hills area. Not far from the SCG and plenty of pubs/bars around to go for a drink afterwards. It's also close to the Central station should you wish to catch the train back to the airport rather than a taxi

Chief finally caved in to the majority. Old default style is back! Love it.
I've changed back to the new cool18... now that they've fixed white/white bright issue, I love it!

Chief finally caved in to the majority. Old default style is back! Love it.

Surely it's a temporary fix to put it back, otherwise that's just another skin which they'll need to manage
He didn't cave and there wasn't a majority. When you consider the number of users on here, very, very few (I'd guess less than 1%) bothered to provide any feedback at all. The announcement says that they will roll out the old as default while they digest feedback and make a few changes, however it all gives you the opportunity to continue using the new cool18 and report identified issues.

Try and get somewhere near Surry Hills area. Not far from the SCG and plenty of pubs/bars around to go for a drink afterwards. It's also close to the Central station should you wish to catch the train back to the airport rather than a taxi

Thanks a lot. Thinking the Travelodge off Wentworth Avenue. Close to Museum Station and I assume a bit of a walk but not to far to the SCG.

Thanks a lot. Thinking the Travelodge off Wentworth Avenue. Close to Museum Station and I assume a bit of a walk but not to far to the SCG.
That's a pretty good spot for a few drinks. The Soda Factory across the road is normally packed and hard to get into but around the corner the Oxford Art Factory normally has a few goods bands. Mind you those two places have pretty young crowds. If you literally just want a drink afterwards head to the Taphouse, Cricketers Arms, The Beresford, The Forresters or The Clock, they're all decently popular pubs between the SCG and yours.

That's a pretty good spot for a few drinks. The Soda Factory across the road is normally packed and hard to get into but around the corner the Oxford Art Factory normally has a few goods bands. Mind you those two places have pretty young crowds. If you literally just want a drink afterwards head to the Taphouse, Cricketers Arms, The Beresford, The Forresters or The Clock, they're all decently popular pubs between the SCG and yours.

Awesome, that's really helpful!! Thanks a lot.

I was actually looking for some hip hop bars/clubs for a bit later on and the Soda Factory came up, as well as Big Poppas and Ching a Lings on Oxford Street.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome, that's really helpful!! Thanks a lot.

I was actually looking for some hip hop bars/clubs for a bit later on and the Soda Factory came up, as well as Big Poppas and Ching a Lings on Oxford Street.
There is also a meet up thread.

What’s that?
'cool18' is the new platform for both mobile and desktop. It went up yesterday and initially have a number of bugs and issues. The biggest one for me was the totally white screen was really had to look at for any length of time, and made it difficult to determine where one post stopped and the next one started, what was a reply and what was a quote. During the afternoon, they fixed a lot of the bugs, sorted out the shading issues and generally continued working on the upgrade.

This morning, they reverted the whole system back to the previous system 'cool' (ie the one we had on Sunday with separate platforms for mobile and desktop) while they continue working on the issues raised in feedback. However this is a short-term thing only, eventually they will return to 'cool18' and a single platform.

'cool18' is the new platform for both mobile and desktop. It went up yesterday and initially have a number of bugs and issues. The biggest one for me was the totally white screen was really had to look at for any length of time, and made it difficult to determine where one post stopped and the next one started, what was a reply and what was a quote. During the afternoon, they fixed a lot of the bugs, sorted out the shading issues and generally continued working on the upgrade.

This morning, they reverted the whole system back to the previous system 'cool' (ie the one we had on Sunday with separate platforms for mobile and desktop) while they continue working on the issues raised in feedback. However this is a short-term thing only, eventually they will return to 'cool18' and a single platform.
Cool because I’m not liking it

Cool because I’m not liking it
Very clever! Literally laughed out loud! :p

Unfortunately, it won't be an option in the future as running a mobile platform and a desktop platform in synch was just causing too many problems (as I understand it)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back