Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mobile is messy, havent noticed much difference on desktop??
It's fine on my surface pro, I was actually thinking more as a moderator that a poster... evidently there were issues??

Throwback to this photo in the first post of the 'Introduce Yourself' thread

437248-sydney-swans.jpg

Not a big Hird fan but obviously a gun

Geez Heeney is tracking closely to his career stat wise and I feel like he plays quite similar, can move into the middle and have a big influence or kick a few goals

Maybe he ends way more midfield dominant, but anyone else see the similarity or am I on the crack pipe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless, Heeney is tracking well and might well blitz past Hird at the rate he is going
I hate that drug peddling piece of s**t as much as anyone (probably more) but that's a ridiculous claim.

The drug peddler was a 5 time All Australian and 5 time best winner (I refuse to call him fairest), and won a Brownlow. If Heeney came close to that, let alone blitzed past it, he'd be one of our all-time greats. And we'd rightly be thrilled with that career

I hate that drug peddling piece of s**t as much as anyone (probably more) but that's a ridiculous claim.

The drug peddler was a 5 time All Australian and 5 time best winner (I refuse to call him fairest), and won a Brownlow. If Heeney came close to that, let alone blitzed past it, he'd be one of our all-time greats. And we'd rightly be thrilled with that career

Yep, most of that is true, except I didn't make a claim... what's ridiculous about saying he might blitz past it? Do you think we've seen the best of him? Do you think he will never make All Australian, is no chance at winning a Brownlow? Will never be a best and fairest winner? I see no reason why he can't be a multiple winner of all these awards, except the perhaps the Brownlow, which I could see him winning at least once. Is it likely, not really... but it might happen. He's 22 and tracking really well, showing really good skills, reading of the game and footy nous, and I really don't think he has come close to his ceiling yet.

Or was it simply the use of the work blitz?

EDIT: Or did I read this as with the wrong tone? Was it more like 'that's a bit over the top, isn't it?'. If so, then yes it probably is, but it's loverly to dream, isn't it? But perhaps you're a bit more pragmatic than me, lol?

EDIT(2): Deleted the first sentence

Last edited:
WE win another game?

Hawks?

Think our biggest lose of the year will be gws there

Bombers we will win I reckon

Pies - bad feeling
Dees- would pick them but wouldn’t shock me to win
Gws- no and I think they are a contender at full strength
Hawks at scg, * surely

Drop of has been quick and pretty dramatic
Jack looks done at AFL level
Hanners 2 years now
Grundy and JPK to a lesser extent are no doubt dropping off

The side yesterday besides Reid is about as good as it gets really

Macca and Grundy won’t be there next year , maybe Jack and along with Lloyd

Keenedy will be 31 and Buddy 32

Think we might be in for a few years of mid pack finishes

Drop of has been quick and pretty dramatic
Jack looks done at AFL level
Hanners 2 years now
Grundy and JPK to a lesser extent are no doubt dropping off

The side yesterday besides Reid is about as good as it gets really

Macca and Grundy won’t be there next year , maybe Jack and along with Lloyd

Keenedy will be 31 and Buddy 32

Think we might be in for a few years of mid pack finishes

Buddy on a big contract hooray

I think we have some good kids, I’d be trying to package a couple with some vets like a kennedy, Smith, Hannebery to try to bring in some peak talent and try to use buddy to win a flag

Hi Swans,

Apologies for the intrusion - I come in peace.

Would anybody be able to help me out? I'm looking for a history of the number five guernsey in South Melbourne/Sydney history. Those who have played in it, total games etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. All the best for the rest of the year. :footy:

Hi Swans,

Apologies for the intrusion - I come in peace.

Would anybody be able to help me out? I'm looking for a history of the number five guernsey in South Melbourne/Sydney history. Those who have played in it, total games etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. All the best for the rest of the year. :footy:
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/swans.html

Click sort by number.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back