BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
I found it interesting that Gibbs charge for hitting J Selwood was dismissed tonight. Does this raise a question mark over Selwood. I mean Selwood is usually an extremely strong/tough individual. So why did he go down in the manner that he did. Also, when Riley Knight left the field (at the same time as Selwood did) straight after the incident why did he push Selwood and say a few words to him. Perhaps our Joel Selwood who is famous for his ducking and being able to get free kicks for head high tackles is now reverting to trying to milk his frees by using his acting skills.

I found it interesting that Gibbs charge for hitting J Selwood was dismissed tonight. Does this raise a question mark over Selwood. I mean Selwood is usually an extremely strong/tough individual. So why did he go down in the manner that he did. Also, when Riley Knight left the field (at the same time as Selwood did) straight after the incident why did he push Selwood and say a few words to him. Perhaps our Joel Selwood who is famous for his ducking and being able to get free kicks for head high tackles is now reverting to trying to milk his frees by using his acting skills.
Our boys can't stand him , that much is obvious

I hate to be that guy but we just had a Selwood thread.

This should have been about how utterly incompetent Michael Christian is. It's the second time in a month his fines have been dismissed. He's just asking to be sacked.

I certainly dont have any love for Selwood. Anyway what do you mean about we just had a Selwood thread. I went looking but I must admit I was looking for a heading about Gibbs. If I have duplicated threads then what a dick am I.

Will they release why he got off?
Good question. Its funny I watched AFL360 tonight and whilst they did have a notice at the bottom of the screen saying Gibbs got off no one talked about it. Not one word. Same as last night on AFL360 there was a small discussion about the Cats losing but no mention of the Crows winning. Nothing. Its as if we didnt play on the weekend.

I guess the meedya would argue that we played so long ago it's all been talked about. That's the excuse Garry Lyon uses to not talk about Thursday and Friday games on SEN Monday morning.

And they don't GAF.

And Paul Roos hates us.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Good question. Its funny I watched AFL360 tonight and whilst they did have a notice at the bottom of the screen saying Gibbs got off no one talked about it. Not one word. Same as last night on AFL360 there was a small discussion about the Cats losing but no mention of the Crows winning. Nothing. Its as if we didnt play on the weekend.
There is a hidden media agenda, and they're to protect the "protected species" aka Selwood, Dusty and maybe a few others. Selwood does acting every game, ducks every game, and noone in the media talks about it in Victoria. They turn a big gigantic blind eye!

Gibbs rightly should have challenged the penalty, and rightly should have the charge dismissed. No clear evidence of excessive force. Selwood was able to play out the game fine. End of story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Paul Roos hates us.
I used to really enjoy On The Couch - but now it has become a Melbourne love fest it's less than boring.

Gerard Healy - 130 games
Garry Lyon - 226 games
Paul Roos - Coach for 3 years

As far as his diatribe on Tex, what a joke. He wanted Tex to get more than Nyhuis ... he felt is was more of a dog act ?!?!?

Welcome back!

I thought I read somewhere Geelong provided evidence on an injury to selwood a jaw?

They said that the medical report from Geelong was that they looked at a possible injury to his jaw when they brought him off the ground. He was apparently fine, but nice way to try and hang Gibbs about getting him in the jaw.

Hocking has said that they’re reviewing the MRO system, but seriously what were they thinking in only appointing one person?

We want consistency. And we think we’ll get that from not having three people looking at each case.

Well did you also want to avoid the bias and perception of bias that having only one person brings? Or the lack of perspective that only having one person will inevitably give you?

Just have two people. They can discuss things and check each other’s thinking and guard against stupid fecking decisions like the original Gibbs one.

What’s that you say? You can’t have two because what if they disagree? So you’d have to have three to break deadlocks and then you’re back to having three?

Jesus fecking Christ. They will be able to sort. It. Out. And if you’re that worried, give one of them the power to make the final decision

Just not that hard fellas. Here’s a thought. I know it’s football and you’re all footballers and you’re judging other footballers about football things that affect whether the footballers can keep playing football..but maybe just once get in someone with a bit of expertise in the actual area you’re dealing with, which in this case would be fair and transparent decision making

Give that a shot. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Hocking has said that they’re reviewing the MRO system, but seriously what were they thinking in only appointing one person?

We want consistency. And we think we’ll get that from not having three people looking at each case.

Well did you also want to avoid the bias and perception of bias that having only one person brings? Or the lack of perspective that only having one person will inevitably give you?

Just have two people. They can discuss things and check each other’s thinking and guard against stupid fecking decisions like the original Gibbs one.

What’s that you say? You can’t have two because what if they disagree? So you’d have to have three to break deadlocks and then you’re back to having three?

Jesus fecking Christ. They will be able to sort. It. Out. And if you’re that worried, give one of them the power to make the final decision

Just not that hard fellas. Here’s a thought. I know it’s football and you’re all footballers and you’re judging other footballers about football things that effect whether the footballers can keep playing football..but maybe just once get in someone with a bit of expertise in the actual area you’re dealing with, which in this case would be fair and transparent decision making

Give that a shot. You might be pleasantly surprised.
The fining of players has got out of hand I'm glad both Gibbs and Tex challenged and got off shows how pathetic Christian is when handing them out. It also raises the question why others don't challenge. I thought the Jordan Lewis one on Michael Walters was ridiculous and there was one earlier in the season where Dusty gave a bloke a gentle push over the line and got fined . Is there a penalty for challenging the fine

The elephant in the room is that Gibbs and our team had to travel to Melbourne for the tribunal hearing to defend that.. This is the second time Christian has targeted us specifically for things that happen 1000 times in a game when he could have easily targeted a geelong player for bumping with no force or a west coast player a few weeks back for pushing tex 5 times before tex pushed back. I don't like this agenda against our club one bit by Christian and the club should put him on notice that next time he wastes our and our QC's time that we will go him personally for the costs

The elephant in the room is that Gibbs and our team had to travel to Melbourne for the tribunal hearing to defend that.. This is the second time Christian has targeted us specifically for things that happen 1000 times in a game when he could have easily targeted a geelong player for bumping with no force or a west coast player a few weeks back for pushing tex 5 times before tex pushed back. I don't like this agenda against our club one bit by Christian and the club should put him on notice that next time he wastes our and our QC's time that we will go him personally for the costs

Tex "phoned it in" - he and his silk appeared via video conference. Presume Gibbs did the same

It's bizarre the way he staggered around like he'd been shot with this one...

And then later he's tackled by Murphy (dangerous tackle) and he's smashed, then straight up to take the free. wtf.
(Slighty salty on that tackle too btw. It was dangerous yes - Selwood caused it though. Smart play or dangerous play?)

We don't use a QC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back