Tom Lynch - itshappening.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not now though we ahead of the Hawks in every facet.

Recruitment - look at the players with have brought in since 2014. There have been a couple of misses, but have really nailed a lot of the other picks. Last year for example won the flag and picked up Snags, CCJ, Balta, Naish, Miller and Baker who have all impressed in their first season.

The Hawks have put the farm on 2 players from other clubs (JOM and Mitchell) and as result they only had late picks the last 2 years in the draft. Our youth is much better at the moment.

Player development- We have 2 out of the top 3 most improved players in the league Short and Caddy (Champion Data). Although this is the tip iceberg when you consider the VFL Team are top of the ladder and would expect a lot of the younger players to push for spots in the first team next season.

More importantly we have much better 22 than the Hawks who are the process of middling out after the sustained run of success.
Yep if last years work had clarkys prints all over it then indeed we re in good hands ,, top job also to vfl team , fly and xav , doing an outstanding job , dont forget that piece

So people can't express there views or talk about other clubs .I love the Brisbane lions of the 2000 era and there success and team etc.Not one of side's including Cats,Hawks or any other side after there era good enough to tie there shoe laces can't we express our opinions.

Nothing wrong with what Cotcho said his entitled to his opinions and we don't all have to agree and disagree.No need to be root about it tho honestly people need to relax a bit behaving like other boards.
Where was I rude (root) about it? You have serious comprehension issues if you think I was rude.
This also wasn't a comment about Hawthorn being a great team of the past. He actually was indicating it was a better team to join than our own NOW. This is despite us being clearly a more successful team right at this very point in time.That is clearly wrong.

So if i was to praise a team other than my own for the way they go about things! In the hope my team can perhaps follow suit,I can't post it on my clubs forums? Get a life dudes and give the guy a break as he didn't say anything wrong.
If your own team is clearly better currently than another, why would you say the oppo team is better? It's not just that he said that Hawthorn was a preferable destination but his reasoning was wrong. Hawthorn are not the same team they were 3 years ago and neither are we.

upload_2018-7-18_22-8-34.png
Signs are good
e4917948538f8eb70203e5cfa7c6e706

Last time I looked, this is a Richmond board.
If people want to glorify other teams, go to their boards and praise them there.
Richmond is a bigger club, better colours, a better central home at Punt road, don't play 4 home games in Tasmania, and a better song. Bigger clubs can set up players post their footy careers more easily.
Who cares about the past? We are the reigning premiers and last time I looked we are far more likely to play finals this year than Hawthorn. If Lynch comes to us, we are probably more likely to play in finals next year too. Do you live in the past or the present?
People are allowed to actually have a fair and Balanced view without being attacked the way he was.
The last time I looked most people here were adults not children.
Never once did he put s**t on Richmond, people should just grow up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I UNDERSTAND LYNCH’S CURRENT SITUATION: PRESTIA
BY ALEX ZAIA 13 HOURS AGO

Richmond midfielder Dion Prestia says he understands the situation Gold Coast co-captain Tom Lynch is in at the moment as the big decision over his future looms.

Prestia left the Suns at the end of the 2016 season to join the Tigers and played a starring role in the club’s drought breaking premiership in his first season at Punt Road.

With Lynch sidelined for the rest of the year due to a PCL injury and intense speculation surrounding his next move, the former Sun believes it will give him time to weigh up his future without the added distraction of having to play each week.

“I’ve tried to stay out of it is as much as I can,” Prestia told SEN’s Time On.

“I know how hard it is to make the decision and I’d say it would be harder for him being captain and being up there for a couple more years than I was.

“I understand the situation he’s in and it is very similar to me, I went in for surgery in about Round 14 the year that I Ieft.

“He’ll really be able to think of his decision and he won’t have to get ready for a game and having that kind of distraction, he’ll be able to think about his choice with his family.

“I just hope he makes the right one that’s going to help him.”

Having been drafted to the expansion club together in 2010, Prestia revealed the pair forged a strong bond as they both adapted to life away from their native state of Victoria.

“We obviously don’t talk as much as what we used to when I was there,” he added.

“Every time I’m on the Gold Coast I usually see him as well as the other boys that we grew up with.

“Because it was such a different environment on the Gold Coast and there was about 20 of us that were 18 who were going there and we were really close.

"That’s all we really had up there, we didn’t have our families around or anything so I feel like we got really close and got a really close bond with each other because it was just us really.”

Link to audio here:

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=256875

Last edited:
Haha! We have so little of substance to argue about these days.
A lot of the cheer squad leaders of Today are the same ones who will absolutely crack it and be unreasonable against Richmond when it turns the other way again one day.
No balance.
Hope they aren’t surfers!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with acknowledging the fact that Hawthorn have a history of rebuilding quickly and having continued success.
He wasn’t saying Richmond are s**t. This joint is like a ******* cheer squad these days.
giphy.gif

People are allowed to actually have a fair and Balanced view without being attacked the way he was.
The last time I looked most people here were adults not children.
Never once did he put s**t on Richmond, people should just grow up.
He basically said we were a less desirable destination club than Hawthorn. That's a back handed attack on our club as many here think the wees and poos are just that!

He basically said we were a less desirable destination club than Hawthorn. That's a back handed attack on our club as many here think the wees and poos are just that!
Do you think there is any possibility that a player might also think that? Even just a 1% chance.

If you don't think it's possible you're a liar or naive.

He got asked a question and answered it honestly. No one should be told to piss off for that. How thin skinned are the people on here?

How about we all get over it now and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back