Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys,
Good to see the footbridge will be opening for the Freo vs. Port game next week.
As some of you would already be aware, I am doing my final year research project on the Perth Stadium Transportation which I have been very impressed by!

I'm looking for people to complete my second and final survey with regards to patron transport satisfaction at Perth Stadium prior to the opening of the Matagarup Bridge.

A $50 Camfield voucher will be given to a random person that has completed the survey and can be used the next time you head to the stadium. Just like this post after you have done the survey.
Please PM if you have any questions regarding the survey or my studies.
Cheers
https://curtin.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_71ndbUFcPzyubkx
These surveys have received ethics approval from Curtin University.

Could someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong on the Ticketmaster website? Currently the cheapest ticket that I can find for the Eagles vs Dogs game is $72! It doesn't matter if it's on the top level, or behind the goals; the prices only go higher!

I usually use my membership but was possibly looking at reselling and going with some neutrals that week. No chance that they are going to pay that though, and I wouldn't either.

$72 seems about right to me.
Why would you want free sale seats sold cheaper than membership prices?

Could someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong on the Ticketmaster website? Currently the cheapest ticket that I can find for the Eagles vs Dogs game is $72! It doesn't matter if it's on the top level, or behind the goals; the prices only go higher!

I usually use my membership but was possibly looking at reselling and going with some neutrals that week. No chance that they are going to pay that though, and I wouldn't either.
Is it really that expensive? Wow. That's nuts.

I went to 5 games on weekend when in syd and melb. Syd i had to pay 55 as no GA. For the 4 games in Melb (two each at G and Docklands) i could pay 25 and pretty much sit anywhere on top level of stands.
At metricon if you want top levelof stand it is like perth and i assume adelaide and Sydney- upwards of 55.
If it cost 55 + to sit at top of G or Docklands i bet the crowds would drop significantly. Yet another reason crowds dont come to metricon. Along with no parking or tram line and a train station that is 25 mins away walking.

Very high demand at Eagles games, that's why the ticket prices are so high, not to mention their membership packages are outrageously expensive, even when they were at Subiaco. The higher the demand, the higher the price, doesn't matter what event it is or where

Category 1 $99
Category 2 $88
Category 3 $77
Category 4 $66
Category 5 $55

It's the downside of being a supporter of such a massive club.

Not that Freo's prices are that different - they're actually more expensive at the top end but a lot cheaper at the bottom end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost my stadium cherry. My thoughts. For what they are worth.
The entrance from the station is fn soulless.
Train station was ok. 3 stars. Nothing outstanding. Nothing on the new train stations I saw in China this year. They are art.
Architecture outside looks like they stopped half way through 1 design to start another.
Internal design, including foyers, shop, bars, conference rooms. Great. Really easy to get around. Clean lines. Good colors. Awesome view of the river from the port power loser room after the game.
Seating. Great. Great view. Easy to find.
Ground, it had grass.
Lights epic.
Roof. Wtf are those gaps all around the back. Dumb ass camvas awnings. Dont like those gaps. Makes the place look smaller.
Art around the stadium. Pathetic.

The architects need to be shot. The arbor is pointless. The area between the station feels like walking into a concentration camp. Uninviting. Cold. Plastic. Hopefully the trees will add something to the feel as they grow.
Walkway around stadia. Handrails and walls everywhere. Cluttered as *
Will check out the bridge entrance next time.

Lost my stadium cherry. My thoughts. For what they are worth.
The entrance from the station is fn soulless.
Train station was ok. 3 stars. Nothing outstanding. Nothing on the new train stations I saw in China this year. They are art.
Architecture outside looks like they stopped half way through 1 design to start another.
Internal design, including foyers, shop, bars, conference rooms. Great. Really easy to get around. Clean lines. Good colors. Awesome view of the river from the port power loser room after the game.
Seating. Great. Great view. Easy to find.
Ground, it had grass.
Lights epic.
Roof. Wtf are those gaps all around the back. Dumb ass camvas awnings. Dont like those gaps. Makes the place look smaller.
Art around the stadium. Pathetic.

The architects need to be shot. The arbor is pointless. The area between the station feels like walking into a concentration camp. Uninviting. Cold. Plastic. Hopefully the trees will add something to the feel as they grow.
Walkway around stadia. Handrails and walls everywhere. Cluttered as ****
Will check out the bridge entrance next time.
Hate to hear what you had to say about Subiaco.....
Have you been to other stadiums before?

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/nr...tickets-fly-out-the-door-20180719-p4zsf0.html

The NRL's first State of Origin foray into WA is on track to be a blockbuster with 32,000 tickets sold in just three days - eleven months out from the actual event.

The game will take place on June 23, 2019 putting Optus Stadium's rectangular field prowess to the test once again.
——
Its a sunday - wonder what time it will start. 6pm perth time?

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/nr...tickets-fly-out-the-door-20180719-p4zsf0.html

The NRL's first State of Origin foray into WA is on track to be a blockbuster with 32,000 tickets sold in just three days - eleven months out from the actual event.

The game will take place on June 23, 2019 putting Optus Stadium's rectangular field prowess to the test once again.
——
Its a sunday - wonder what time it will start. 6pm perth time?

Would have been nice if they held off until the AFL released the fixture for next year before selling tickets.

I am keen to come over but if it coincides with a WCE home game rather then a Freo one i probably won't. So now i need to either buy tickets and flip them if the schedule doesnt work out for me or wait and buy them off the secondary market at a later time.

And i know, the NRL and SOO could care less about AFL fans before someone mentions it.

Would have been nice if they held off until the AFL released the fixture for next year before selling tickets.

I am keen to come over but if it coincides with a WCE home game rather then a Freo one i probably won't. So now i need to either buy tickets and flip them if the schedule doesnt work out for me or wait and buy them off the secondary market at a later time.

And i know, the NRL and SOO could care less about AFL fans before someone mentions it.
Will probably be on bye weeks when no AFL game in Perth like a few weeks back

Will probably be on bye weeks when no AFL game in Perth like a few weeks back
That'd be smart on the part of both parties. NRL get the town to themselves and the AFL don't have to worry about losing attendances that weekend when families pick the one-off event over "just another AFL game".

20180720_124141.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back