Player Watch #31: Bayley ‘Slick’ Fritsch

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
A combination between Bruce and Yze I could agree with. There is nothing Brad Green about Bayley Fritsch. I see a lot of Cam Bruce in the way Fritsch moves though, that is a great comparison I never considered. Comparisons to Yze are relevant because both were pin point in accuracy. Fritsch is a free flowing player. Brad Green was more stiff in his movement IMO.

There was quite a bit of Brad Green in Lenny Hayes because he was pretty stiff as well.

There is no Brad Green in Bayley Fritsch. If Green wasn't a left footer no one would be comparing those two. Nevertheless, I did like the Cameron Bruce comparison. That was an astute comparison. Green, not so much.
Left-footed, good kick, spiky hair, versatile, courageous. There's a bit of Green, even if the style is different.

There is no Brad Green in Bayley Fritsch. If Green wasn't a left footer no one would be comparing those two. Nevertheless, I did like the Cameron Bruce comparison. That was an astute comparison. Green, not so much.
Lol the Original comparison was actually made in regards to their looks, they look alike!

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gun at circle work obviously.
1732bfc5e6a9cfe30eb697a861fbc4a5.jpg
Love how he doesn't get sucked in. Very good for our structure.

Cameron Bruce way more than Brad Green.
I think Fritsch can develop in a similar way to Bruce aswell.
So he will be brownlow favourite 6 games in 2021 before some sniper comes off the line and *s his shoulder at the opening bounce

Last edited:
So he will be brownlow favourite 6 games in 2021 before some sniper comes off the line and ****s his shoulder at the opening bounce
If has Green in him, he'll get decked in a GF this year

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

I was referring to Lenny Hayes being stiff because he played for your club. Guess that wasn't made obvious enough.

Last edited:

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is Balic a chance? I reckon we could be in for a debut here.
Balic was apparently out with an illness last week.
i think he's on a 1 year contract? i'm not sure if he'll be retained if he hasn't got a 2nd year to go. not a bad player but hasn't cracked it for a game yet and sort of looks a bit to me like he doesn't have the right body shape of an AFL footy player. maybe carrying a few extra kg's up top and has skinny legs suggesting he might not like doing the hard yards. we might give him another year, but we also have to make some changes to the list at the end of the year and places are gonna be tight.

degustation

Senior List
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Balic strikes me as one of those players that will either never come on or will take until their 6th or 7th year in the system.

Back