Review Sydney vs Gold Coast - Rd 18, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't see me talk much about Young in this game , you knew he had a great game .
Gave him 5 votes on the Suns Board. He will be Suns leading goalkicker for the season. Have never understood why he is hated so much here.

Gave him 5 votes on the Suns Board. He will be Suns leading goalkicker for the season. Have never understood why he is hated so much here.
Workrate consistency . His Pressure act of 24 is the highest vs Sydney .
Vs Essendon Screenshot_20180721-211439.png

Vs Sydney
Screenshot_20180721-211358.png

Lucky I didn't give him votes last week....:rolleyes:
That said -playing as forward in the Suns regime is trying...especially when under the pump.
His Pressure act is going crazy in this match normally average 10 , but this match 24

No one goes out -winning teams don't change !
Players will soon learn that they'll come back thru NEAFL if injured , rested or sick.
Removal of the ' I'm injured' culture that has blighted us for years will hasten after days like this...
Those 3 must come back in. Must!

Those 3 must come back in. Must!
Not in my world … it's all about the culture - if you forfeit your spot and someone else takes it and succeeds - you need to earn it back.
Not enough of that has happened during the Suns lifetime unfortunately..
Blokes miss x number of weeks injured and come straight back in on reputation. Others do OK weeks on end at the lower level and continue to get overlooked.
I sense things are starting to change in this regard and not before time.

Not in my world … it's all about the culture - if you forfeit your spot and someone else takes it and succeeds - you need to earn it back.
Blokes miss x number of weeks injured and come straight back in on reputation. Others do OK weeks on end at the lower level and continue to get overlooked.
Are you seriously suggesting Martin Swallow and Fiorini don't come back in. Surely you are taking the piss.

Are you seriously suggesting Martin Swallow and Fiorini don't come back in. Surely you are taking the piss.
I think if Martin ok he will replace Powell , as for the other two I am not too sure. Heron is terrible with his kicking on goal and Lehmann hardly impressed me . So might be both out and replace by Florini and Swallow.

For the first time this year, selections will be on merit. Swallow won't play NEAFL, he'll replace someone in the midfield who didn't perform to the desired level. Martin won't play NEAFL, he'll replace Powell. Fiorini may play NEAFL because there isn't an obvious out in a winning team. Barlow might come in, but it all depends on injuries. Hanley and Ainsworth didn't play NEAFL at all, so can't be considered. Other than that, it's clear as mud.

Went to the game today. Had abit to drink and am normally not a great judge at live games but I thought Weller was unreal! Killed them around the contest. I was one that thought you guys over paid for him but far out he was good today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lemmens had a golden opportunity to ice the game early in the last which 90 % of my boys u/14 would have kicked. It caused a 12 point turnaround and gave Sydney a sniff.
His finishing around goal is absolutely appalling for a professional footballer it's unacceptable. I don't think he has earned his spot IMO. The only thing missing when Lemmens shoots on goal is the Benny Hill music.

All your ding is hurting the team not bringing your best players in the team , doesn’t effect culture at all , I can see your point with fringe players , but not guys who are going to finish top 5 in b&f. I can’t see Richmond not bringing in Dusty because they just had a good win and it doesn’t effect there culture.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought the Suns Defence was great yesterday. Best On Ground Rory totally owned Lance Franklin. May dominated. Harbrow & Joyce were strong in their roles. WOW Ah Chee. Finally can’t forget how good Rischitelli was at the contest.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looking forward to watching the replay. Ah Chee in the last minutes was superb. He's been poor this year but today he showed his composure. Down back might be for him.
It was like every player on the team had to lift their game because they could see all their teammates were having a 100% dip.

Usually it looks like only about half the team having a real dip and the rest think they can coast along with 70% effort.

So great to see what the boys can do with a committed team effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back