F1 Championship 2018 - Round 11 - Germany

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I'm not even going to report this. You are obviously struggling when you start attacking intelligence. I'll let my record on BigFooty speak for itself.

What rule breach did I defend? Talk about swinging at shadows.
Struggling? lel, I could go on all day, I'm no the one ignoring the 3 blatant rule breaches I posted. Plus todays. I'm not attacking you for your intelligence, just pointing it out. Nothing wrong with that.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
How could Bottas be even slightly happy after that? Time and time again he bows down, at least show some sort of desire. Will be such an empty career considering the potential on paper.

He’s paid a lot of money and it seems as though he has clearly been told he is a support driver for Lewis and will move aside whenever he is told to.

His “Yes James” response to the radio said everything you need to know about Valtteri. Not a ruthless winner, happy to play second fiddle

Because thinking that God did this for him. I mean this is an issue with religion. If they are all religious, all pray to god asking for them to win... how does that even work? He just picked Lewis cause Lewis prays harder? Seriously, such a campaigner.

As stated, this isn't SRP. However, he believes what he believes. It's not your thing, but being religious does not make one a campaigner. Non believers might say it makes him deluded, but a nasty character because he believes in god .... nonsensical.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
As stated, this isn't SRP. However, he believes what he believes. It's not your thing, but being religious does not make one a campaigner. Non believers might say it makes him deluded, but a nasty character because he believes in god .... nonsensical.
No no, it definitely makes you a campaigner. Also I am literally using the word campaigner, not the swear filter.

Acinath

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
He’s paid a lot of money and it seems as though he has clearly been told he is a support driver for Lewis and will move aside whenever he is told to.

It’s not surprising Dan struggled to get traction with contracts at Ferrari and Mercedes. One man shows everyone is afraid of upsetting.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
So, seems the rules have changed since 2016??

Stolen from another forum

Here is the international sporting code: https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/123

Let's pull up Appendix L and see what it says! :)

Published 18/6/18
4. Entrance to the pit lane
a) The section of track leading to the pit lane shall be referred to as
the “pit entry”.
b) During competition, access to the pit lane is allowed only
through the pit entry.
c) Any driver intending to leave the track or to enter the pit lane
should make sure that it is safe to do so.
d) Except in cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the
Stewards), the crossing, in any direction, of the line separating
the pit entry and the track by a car entering the pit lane is
prohibited.

Sounds like a classic case of breaching the rules and a penalty should be warranted.

But wait for the FIA to come out and give some reason as to why "this case is different"

Gee a lot of sooking anti-Hamilton posters in this thread.

Who cares if he is religious or has poor choice in hair? He knows he got lucky, we move on.

As to the pit lane penalty, I am sure it will be sorted out in due course. The Baku pit lane entry is also much faster than Hockenheim and each event has their own pit lane entry rules set by the stewards before the race so you cannot definitively say one way or the other whether there should be a penalty, not yet.

How could Bottas be even slightly happy after that? Time and time again he bows down, at least show some sort of desire. Will be such an empty career considering the potential on paper.

I sort of agree. However, he was quite fortunate to get that ride in the first place. Rosberg's retirement when none of the front runners were out of contract and being able to get Bottas to break his contract landed a dream ride in his lap. Guessing you take the back seat gladly because he wasn't winning GPs otherwise.

Gee a lot of sooking anti-Hamilton posters in this thread.

Who cares if he is religious or has poor choice in hair? He knows he got lucky, we move on.

As to the pit lane penalty, I am sure it will be sorted out in due course. The Baku pit lane entry is also much faster than Hockenheim and each event has their own pit lane entry rules set by the stewards before the race so you cannot definitively say one way or the other whether there should be a penalty, not yet.

I'm not sure about the Kimi one but it seems he entered the pit lane properly, then crossed the solid line to stay out. Lewis crossed that line to go in, then crossed it to go back out. Is it the case that he could be penalised if he did go into the pits across that line, but he corrected by staying out? Would have to look at the German GP rules I guess.

I'm not sure about the Kimi one but it seems he entered the pit lane properly, then crossed the solid line to stay out. Lewis crossed that line to go in, then crossed it to go back out. Is it the case that he could be penalised if he did go into the pits across that line, but he corrected by staying out? Would have to look at the German GP rules I guess.

Yes, which is why those wanting to hang him for an infringement two years ago at a completely different GP need to sit back and have a think first.

I am not a steward and I am not the FIA so whatever happens is very much meh. Slap him with a 5 second penalty then, he will still be second anyway.

Struggling? lel, I could go on all day, I'm no the one ignoring the 3 blatant rule breaches I posted. Plus todays. I'm not attacking you for your intelligence, just pointing it out. Nothing wrong with that.

I haven't ignored any rule breaches. I said I didn't watch qualifying and haven't heard the explanations from officials. That is not ignoring.

You're in no position to point out anything about my intelligence. Try to compose yourself a little bit. You'll do yourself an injury.

Is this an actual thing that is written somewhere or just an understanding between the drivers/teams and stewards?

There are always briefings before events on this sort of thing but I am not sure where you can find it written down.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I haven't ignored any rule breaches. I said I didn't watch qualifying and haven't heard the explanations from officials. That is not ignoring.

You're in no position to point out anything about my intelligence. Try to compose yourself a little bit. You'll do yourself an injury.
What about the 3 other ones I posted that you ignored?

At the last GP people were glad that Kimi punted off Lewis, but now in this GP apparently Valtteri moving over for Lewis (and ignoring Kimi doing the same for Seb) is apparently worse.

There is a massive undercurrent of hypocrisy and anti-Lewis circlejerks in F1 threads nowadays. Sad. They used to be good places for neutral discussion (except when AMW or ADR were involved obviously).

Stolen from another forum

Sounds like a classic case of breaching the rules and a penalty should be warranted.

But wait for the FIA to come out and give some reason as to why "this case is different"

Force majeure could be a discretionary thing. The rule is in place for safety obviously. Not sure if the slower pace due to a safety car gives them a discretionary power. Unforeseeable circumstances is the definition of force majeure. Does a safety car, or a problem with another car making a double stacking an obstruction in the pit lane qualify as an unforeseeable circumstance? Like the AFL and priority picks, there is a lot of wiggle room there.

May 7, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
At the last GP people were glad that Kimi punted off Lewis, but now in this GP apparently Valtteri moving over for Lewis (and ignoring Kimi doing the same for Seb) is apparently worse.

There is a massive undercurrent of hypocrisy and anti-Lewis circlejerks in F1 threads nowadays. Sad. They used to be good places for neutral discussion (except when AMW or ADR were involved obviously).
His FIGJAM has gone through the roof. I dont think it sits well with the majority. He can drive, but he's jumped the shark.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Nah, I'm more talking about HAMS big sookfest in Quali yesterday, acting like the WDC was all but decided when he is in one of the two fastest cars on the track, in a race that is known for overtaking, and 5th was pretty much the worse he could finish (and he was only 8 points behind...). We all know it was a giant over-reaction, then to act like it was another "Ham struggles against all odds" type win today when his team told his teammate to back off so he was gifted the win. Please.z

He's a great driver, have never said anything to doubt that and I congratulate him on his 4 WDC's (and personally think MERC robbed him of a 5th by gifting it to ROS), but the "woe is me" act he puts on is shocking. As I said, watch his "message to my younger self" video that F1 Facebook uploaded...its cringeworthy (as in, more of the "woe is me" attitude).

Should they need to be action is taken?

Well, this sort of thing is slam dunk. Like pit lane speeding. You either did or you didn't, it's not subjective.

The only noise I hear so far is from Redditors and BigFooty. Hopefully it gets sorted out.

The poster that put up the regulations earlier does make it seem like a slam dunk penalty.

Back